Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

CLC Endurance Event Suggestion

Post by Chris »

what about an enduro race without refuling in FZR? In days of climate change this might help saving fuel IRL too :-P what do u think?

Rules:
- Do not refuel
- U can repair / change tyres as often as u want to
- Race will go on until the last team has no fuel anymore
something like that :-)
Image Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Re: CLC Endurance Event Suggestion

Post by JasonJ »

I was thinking about this when i think Bobo suggested in TeamSpeak about UF1 full fuel and see how long it goes.

But my problem was what happens when you time out? (which may very well happen) I can see no fair/unfair penalty except loose altogether. There needs to be a simple solution like we had loose 20 laps (for tyres enduro). But this solution wont work because if you timed out, you could get a full tank again, and that would mean 20 laps minus would be completely useless. There needs to be a good solution to this.

Thinking caps on.
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

For fuel endurances I would much rather like to use slow cars (no GTRs at least).
Also starting off with 100% would make the event endless. I'd suggest to use a value below 50%.
And one rule would definitely be not to shut down the engine at any time.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Some notes:

There is no way to scrutineer how much fuel is in a car from another player. The only way is for the scrutineer to let someone take over their car. Actually maybe.... the scrutineer can take over the car breifly to check it has the correct fuel.

You can put a car into Neutral to use less fuel, I think just personally it might be too hard to monitor who is turing off their engines or not.
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

Crystal wrote:For fuel endurances I would much rather like to use slow cars (no GTRs at least).

thats the point! GTRs need much more fuel than slow cars! so u have to decide - driving fast = many laps or driving slow = less laps but more fuel.
Image Image
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

Okay, how about something a little more in keeping with the cruise server idea.

Basically an illegal street race (in the manner of the gumball / cannonball / carbon black despite their claims :wink: ). The idea would be to complete a certain distance in the quickest possible timer. This would be fairly easy to police by having all the participants total mileage checked and logged before the start of the event. Each team would then have to increase their total mileage by a set amount with only one driver running at ay one time.

Penalties could then come in the form of a minimum duration pitstop / timed hold when respawning (after OOB / timeout) or changing drivers to avoid having to do maths on the mileage. This would obviously have to be carefully chosen to provide the necessary limitation to make people want not to stop.

Additionally, as it would be an illegal street race the Police could be involved to stop anyone suspected of being in an illegal race. :D You could take this further by having a decal set that the participants would have to include in their skin (an overlay layer perhaps) so that all participants would be easily identifiable.

Car choice could perhaps be opened up a little by setting a maximum class of cars for the event, so that people could try to play the fuel consumption card against the faster cars or just try to complete the event in a less appropriate car for fun (I'm thinking Bobo and the UF1 :? ).
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

Great Idea Matt...i would folow that all the way (Yes i agree bobo and the UF1 :mrgreen: )
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

I would suggest not forcing teams. just imo would be better.
CasseBent
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: CasseBent
LFS Name: CasseBent

Post by CasseBent »

Sounds simple and fun
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

is there anyway admins can see how much fual is in someones car? if they could then when someone timed out, as long as someone new the amount the had before they timed out, then the person could put in the same amount they had when they timed out, if u understand what i mean.

i think that it would be a cool idea, a lon race though, i can use about 0.5% per lap on FE4 and a couple of the astoon tracks aswell and on one or 2 of the KY tracks in the XRG, but i dont know how little can be used in an FZR
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

No Sean, there is no way to check the fuel load of another car. Not even with insim. Out guage yes, but we dont have outgusge tools server side in operation. (not goin there)

Only way to check anyone's fuel load is take over a car and give it back.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

CityBall :twisted:
AtTilA08
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: MoliskScout
LFS Name: AtTilA08

Post by AtTilA08 »

The only possible solution I see:
If a racer about to time out(one of the lines at the lower left corner is raising dangerously), He have to hit F12 for fuel amount and take a screen shot.
Then he can send it for one of the admins. The admin can start a car whit that amount of fuel, and let the racer take it, an continue race. If everything is well prepared, it is less time than completing a lap, I think.
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

yes, but not all people look atr ther lag bars till its too late...i look at the road and not the lag bars.
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

It would be very difficult to police fuel in a way that allows you to replicate fuel loads after an OOB event (timout or crash). Also, how can you replicate the damage and tyre wear, even if they get a screenshot of it?

Really you are forced to levy some form of penalty and let them take a new car as otherwise the permutations are endless.
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW