Moderator: CLC Crew

TossupomM
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: TossupomM
LFS Name: TossupomM

Question

Post by TossupomM »

First of all, this is a question. If I've understood anything wrong, then I will apologize (especially to Dark Force who I am talking about). I also apologize for bad english.
I was cruising around and Dark Force arrested someone. I drove beside him and typed !steal so it said loudly, that I assaulted him and got a message you may not steal from officers. Then i just drove away and Dark Force gave him fine and so on. Then like 1 hour (not sure) ago, when i had a pit stop, he started his horn and drove to me (wrong way) and arrested me. Then he asked, if I assaulted him. I said yes. Then he fined me 70€. It is not a big money and I'm not doing it to get it back. So, my question is: Can an officer arrest you for things, that you've done and he never chased you after you done it?!? I suppose officers are not allowed to start chase again after crashing and pitlaneing withour suspect doing any mistakes. There was nothing about it on the offical rules list. If admins think it, they should add it to rules page, so there woudn't be anything like this again. If I am wrong, I apologize. Cheers to Pass Me too :) . I also have a replay of it so, if needed you can have it.

Tomson
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Re: Question

Post by Eaglezor »

i think thats the one hour maybe a exaduration, as i think hw would of fogoten it, are u sure its not like 10 - 15 mins? when ur in a fame time goes by alot quicker :P
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Themee
Officer
Ingame nick: Themee
LFS Name: Themee

Post by Themee »

Eaglezor wrote:i think thats the one hour maybe a exaduration, as i think hw would of fogoten it, are u sure its not like 10 - 15 mins? when ur in a Game time goes by alot quicker :P
Fixed! :lol:

and if it was only like 5-15min then yes he should chase you because you assaulted him (same thing as punching someone) u wouldnt go up to an officer in real life would you? (i hope not) and even if you did you would prolly have a warrant for your arrest so i think what he did is just fine no matter if it was 5min or an hour..
Come to the Dark Side!!... We have Milk and Cookies

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
TossupomM
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: TossupomM
LFS Name: TossupomM

Post by TossupomM »

Okay that's what I wanted to know. Sorry Dark Force :P .

Tomson
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

You said this happened an hour ago, but how long after you assulted him did he pursue you?

Thre is nothing yet officially written about this type of thing, but if you ask me at this point, I'd say he should fine the other suspect ASAP (speed it up even) and immediately go after you. We cannot engage the chase with WANTED unless we are 200 meters from the suspect, so it might take 1 or 2 minutes to catch up to the new suspect and engage, but the officer/cadet can use the MOVING IN command to show he is going to engage someone. I think if he wants to chase the suspect he should fine the first one quickly and then use MOVING IN to show he is going to do something about the assult.
Waiting 15 minutes isn't appropriate IMO. It should be acted on ASAP or not at all. But wait for our Police Cheif (PassMe) to give some final thoughts.

OT: Police are not imediately required to engage if someone assults them. Some people just spam that command hoping they get a chase. I'm thinking the assulted thing is just an annoyance for police so I might removed the public message because sometimes it's annoying and innapropriately used. Like when a cop is dealing with something important and people want to be an attention *bad language reported*. I remember once when no-one wanted a cop chase because money was so scarce and you needed every Euro you earned. This type of feeling needs to come back. The way some particular people try and MAKE cops chase them over and over again becomes tiresome.
Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

Post by Dark Force »

What happend was Tomson drove beside me and assaulted me when i had just busted somone. So I simply finned my busted suspect, and immediatly went after Tomson. I did not engage anyone between the time tomson assaulted me and when i engaged him. The time it took to do this, could not have been more then 5 minutes, as i engaged him on the same lap and worked as fast as i could.

Tomson, dont worry about it man. There is plenty worse you could have done and it was a not wrong to bring it to the forums. Sorry for bad spelling, asleep@keyboard
:lfs:
Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

Post by Blackbird »

JasonJ wrote:There is nothing yet officially written about this type of thing, but if you ask me at this point, I'd say he should fine the other suspect ASAP (speed it up even) and immediately go after you. We cannot engage the chase with WANTED unless we are 200 meters from the suspect, so it might take 1 or 2 minutes to catch up to the new suspect and engage, but the officer/cadet can use the MOVING IN command to show he is going to engage someone. I think if he wants to chase the suspect he should fine the first one quickly and then use MOVING IN to show he is going to do something about the assult.
Waiting 15 minutes isn't appropriate IMO. It should be acted on ASAP or not at all. But wait for our Police Cheif (PassMe) to give some final thoughts.
I agree.
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
RaGe
Using !help
Using !help
Ingame nick: RaGe or RaGe
LFS Name: psysim

Post by RaGe »

Ok, this seems like a tough one, I would love to see a replay. As replays don't save much insim activity it would still be hard to work out. One thing that does stick out to me though, you assult an officer because you want a chase? Why would you assult an officer and then be annoyed when you get the chase? Another thing, if an officer is fining someone isn't it a little premature to assult them? to not let them finnish? I also have no sympathy for thiefs/assultists (forgive the kinda made up word). I would of waited, assulted when fine was issued and then run! This seems like alot of fuss and sour grapes over something thats kinda self inflicted and something kinda petty! I think a lap only takes a couple of minutes so I would be supprised it if was as much as even 5mins.

One small question, how much was the fine? Was it a major loss?
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

RaGe wrote:One small question, how much was the fine? Was it a major loss?
TossupomM wrote: Then he fined me 70€. It is not a big money and I'm not doing it to get it back.

Anyhow, i also wanna add an answer to the core question
TossupomM wrote:So, my question is: Can an officer arrest you for things, that you've done and he never chased you after you done it?!?
I realize that you dont mean it like this sentence come out, but i still wanna answer it; its up to the suspect to choose if he wants to drive away and actually have a chase. So yes, the officer can bust you without a chase, ofc.

However, you seem to mean if there are a major time between the crime and the engage, and that has always been an unwritten rule that the crime has to be very close to the engage, or try to engage (see JJ's explanation about MOVING IN).

:crash: :soccer:
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
RaGe
Using !help
Using !help

Post by RaGe »

Ok, sorry, I seem to of missed the fine amount, my bad. Well if this is over 70 euro's, find me when your next on, I would refund from my own pocket out of good will, its a spit in the ocean really. I can understand the frustration but really, I don't think 70 euros is much to loose sleep over.

Hope to see you on CLC soon!
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

Well, he said he's not making this topic in order to get his 70 € back but to clear that question up.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

RaGe
Using !help
Using !help

Post by RaGe »

Ok, but to me it seems like he's not sure what he wants, he want's to be persued but isn't happy when it happens. As it would seem, from the descriptions given he must of wanted to be persued and it was done within a lap. Unless the officer was traveling very slow it couldn't of taken 15mins. Anyway, i think the question... depending what it is must be resolved?
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

did in any part of his post did he say that he actually wanted to be chased? i dont see anything saying that he wanted to be chased, please correct me if i am wrong
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

SEAN-NZ wrote:did in any part of his post did he say that he actually wanted to be chased? i dont see anything saying that he wanted to be chased, please correct me if i am wrong
He didn't specifically say that no. But he drove up to a cop and tried to rob him. I can imagine what he thought he was gonna get from that. Some sort of reaction like a persuit or a stern talking to would be an obvious result.

RaGe: assultists ^_^
RaGe
Using !help
Using !help

Post by RaGe »

JasonJ wrote:RaGe: assultists ^_^
Well done JJ :thumbup: all I can say to that is lmgdao....