Moderator: CLC Crew

Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

Question about coin quest.

Post by Dark Force »

Hello, I have a quick question about the coin quest that is worth clearing up. I have been noticing a trend of other players stealing coins from people already on the coin quest. Im not going to name names, but people are driving up and stealing coins from under peoples noses just to annoy them and with no intent to get the full 50. I know everyone has a right to the coin quest, but if your targeting one person and making it imposible for them to complete the quest..... :thumbdown: Isnt this against any server rules? How should it be delt with? Thank you for your time.
:lfs:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Re: Question about coin quest.

Post by JasonJ »

Cyber blocking. :suprised: I don't know. Throw sticks. :worried:
RaGe
Using !help
Using !help
Ingame nick: RaGe or RaGe
LFS Name: psysim

Post by RaGe »

Yes, I have noticed and suffered this issue too. I go to collect a coin, search, someone comes along and takes the coin. That person then drives off and collects more coins, this is done without intent to complete this quest. I personally find this very very annoying and do consider it to come under the 'annoying other players' rule. This can be very frustrating as it just makes the quest harder. I have for a long time though it would be more helpful if you had to buy the gold meter for the coins quest, even if this was to be reflected in the reward, it would mean that only people really serious about the quest would collect the coins and annoyance users would not be able to behave like this.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

yeh i was gonna already add that item to buy, to make the quest more involved, more thigs to do to complete it. I was gonna do it when i readjusted some things. Maybe ill add that sooner.

Initially I put the 3 coins to help alleviate this problem. But its not helping?
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

JasonJ wrote:
Initially I put the 3 coins to help alleviate this problem. But its not helping?
what u mean by that?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

RaGe wrote:I have for a long time though it would be more helpful if you had to buy the gold meter for the coins quest, even if this was to be reflected in the reward, it would mean that only people really serious about the quest would collect the coins and annoyance users would not be able to behave like this.
Good point there. It would certainly be a good idea to try out and see how people react to it and if that issue gets resolved or at least decreased. If I put myself into the perspective of those people that rob coins out of fun, I'd not pay maybe 200 € just for the "fun".

But on the other hand, I think it wouldn't be good if you don't have the detector for purple gold bars anymore.
So maybe there is some way to split it up and still have the gold bar detector available for anyone automatically but to have the coin detector only available at the shop for purchase.
We would just need to make up a good story to support this splitting so that it makes sense. Something along the lines of:
CLC cars come with already built-in gold bar detectors. The coin detectors, however, need to be bought at the shop as the material cost is too high to be given out for free with the purchase of the car.

And to think even a little bit further, what about the first item with varying price? The price could change with supply and demand :teehee:
SEAN-NZ wrote:
JasonJ wrote:
what u mean by that?
He set it to have 3 coins at the same time at the track and not only one so not everyone who is doing the quest (or not..) looks for that one coin but can look for a different one....

Meh, well I get what he means but can't really explain it :P
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

do u mean JJ has set it that there is 3 coins on the track at any one time? so people who are serious dont have to fight, (if u know wat i mean) as much?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Yes there is always 3 coins on track at any one time. So multiple people can all be looking at the same time and keep looking for coins and don't always get in each others way. But it seems like there are people causing mistchief and stalking the coin hunters in their own personal space. I guess people are getting bored. I'll try add the shop item soon.
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

!buy detector, €200

When you hand coins back in the detector gets cashed back in for €200

Also you can do a similar thing to the drift meter, so you can see who else is in the quest at that time

Gold Bars will always be seeable with or without this device

Just an idea?
Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

Post by Dark Force »

Bobomoomin wrote:!buy detector, €200

When you hand coins back in the detector gets cashed back in for €200

Also you can do a similar thing to the drift meter, so you can see who else is in the quest at that time

Gold Bars will always be seeable with or without this device

Just an idea?
Bobo=friend :D

I like this ideah.
:lfs:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Yeh, funnily I did think of making it expensive - like 200 and giving a refund when you finish. Although I was worried, ppl would just buy the detector and get 1 coin to be elligible for the 200 back, just so they can be annoying like the thread is talking about. So I didn't mention the idea. Maybe if it only cost 100 then, it might not be too bad.

It could be done so no-one can see the other coins that belong to other people. You'd have your own coins that no-one can detect. But I originally thought the fun of it is when people can steal your coins from you if you're not quick enough. I actually had to work harder to make it this way. It would have been far easier to give designated coins to each player. Instead I put three on track that could be 'fought over'. It seems a shame to remove interactive features because people don't want to interact. :thumbdown:

Thing also, when someone has to buy a gold coin detector, some would complain that they allready have a detector, GOLD BARS, why do they need to buy another one. It doesn't make sense to me either. I mean its really a metal detector. It should detect both coins and bars regardless. I think I don't like the idea to make an exception. It would seem a bit lame. Maybe we can solve this differently. But I wanna make it an item you need to purchase. It adds depth to the quest and makes you do "more" to complete it.
Bobomoomin
Officer

Post by Bobomoomin »

You could buy a coin pouch/purse?
HarryH
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: HarryH
LFS Name: harryh

Post by HarryH »

Sounds like a gd idea btw are we going to add Coin Refunds to Insim or is it just part of the system? :walkman:
Bobomoomin
Officer

Post by Bobomoomin »

Coin refunds are pretty tricky to be added into the system as far as I know, the refunding of kms wasn't exactly easy.

I think it would be possible, but considering how rarely coins do have to be refunded it would be a bad idea to waste time that could be used in other areas.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Coin Purse yes! I had that idea back in 2007 after taking on the programming side, added it in our private list of development and totally forgot it. Actaully that might have been Money bag to put lotto winnings into. And it might have been needing a shovel for gold bars. w/e

: You need a coin purse to collect coins
Bobo gets another cookie.