Total votes: 25

ChrisR
Using !help
Using !help
Ingame nick: CristianoR
LFS Name: (-Zonda-)

Be able to move your Coin Detector ?

Post by ChrisR »

Some people say that they wish the gold detector is in a different postion on your screen.
But i think JasonJ should make a thing where you can move the coin detector with a button or a command and position it where you want.

I think its a very good idea.

(-Zonda-)
ASSULT FART= A sudden attack that shoots virtual flames out your ****.
TIRE FART= You can't control the blow out
OLD FART= You know how old it is by how bad it smells

theaidanator
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: ECL >> Aidan
LFS Name: theaidanator

Re: Be able to move your Coin Detector ?

Post by theaidanator »

I suppose this is a good idea, but imho
there are much more important things to get done with the insim before this is done, so i don't think it would be done in the near future...
I'm not sure, would it be easy to program? or would this kind of thing take a lot of time?
it depends, in my opinion, if it would take a lot of programming and time it wouldn't be worth it right now...
I mean everyone has coped with the positioning of it up til now.
Maybe, it's not my decision. What dyou guys think?
I don't have a signature, cause i'm awesome like that.
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

I'd rather have JJ to code something more useful than this. I think so far no one has complained about it as it doesn't hide anything except for .. the sky. It isn't worth the time it takes to code and AFAIK buttons and on-screen displays are the hardest and most time-consuming things when talking about insim apps.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Ok, here's a guide.

The new !steal quest. Actually took me about 5 days to code, implement, test, fix, tweak, integrate it with the police system and upload and documentation on forums etc. Not 5 days solid but about 3 days for 4 hours each and about two days for 12 hours each. The drift meter fro example, took about 22 hours to complete. (two days working solid)

I'm a gamer first and a programmer second. So I am slow at this type of thing. I'm really just filling in until someone proper can do it all.

The moving the gold detector is about 2 hours work. Remember it has to save the setting chosen for each person as well. :geek:

edit:
OK, you might think, "Two hours, then that's okay compared to other things. Go ahead."
But keep in mind there is already more than ten, 1 hour things that NEED doing next."

I was surprised to see 4 votes for YES already :walkman: