no!
32%

Total votes: 22

zak_mull
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder

Officer Bounderies for Bank

Post by zak_mull »

Ok I know most admins and officers will think ok whatever he can say what he wants its up to us. I aint got NOTHING against admins BUT one thing has got to me about officers, yes officers NOT civilians, camping the bank.

Like at carribean I remember an officer boundry. Where the officer, when bank is open has to sit atleast at the bank chicane heading north OR at the police roundabout south of bank.

I am sure others will agree with me that is no boundry for aston's bank. I think that one should be set up. Say atleast lottery drop off and futher and I am not sure about the other way but hopefully other will agree and something will be done?
ImageImageImage
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

ye, but no, but ye, but no, but

Post by JasonJ »

But keep in mind the situation changes A LOT when there is only ONE officer on duty.

A 300 metre lead can take up to 4 minutes to close up. So if there if I'm the only officer on duty, I will indeed sit next to the bank. And people still do drive right in and go for a robbery, when I'm sitting right out the front.!!! And its virtually impossible to catch someone on your own inside of 4 minutes.
Please don't suggest - "dont open the bank on your own". I might play for 12 hours straight and not see another officer sometimes. And that isn't fun for the people playing either.

But your are right, that we need some standard for when there is say 3 or more officers on duty. At that point you can get 3 cops to close in within 45 seconds, so more patrolling should be happening when there is more cops on line simultaneously and less waiting at bank.

But this poll is difficult for me to answer simply because it doesn't include how many officers are on duty. There is alot of varibles. Perhapse we might make the robbery time longer, eg: 8 minutes to escape and NO cops would be allowed to sit at the bank EVER, or some change like that.

The bank is not yet perfect. It will go through even more transitions in the future. At least we are getting to the point where it can be opened more often now, where as in the past it was lucky to to be opened more than once a week, because we needed 8 cops online to guard it from being robbed ten times in the space of 5 seconds. Suggestions like this thread are a good thing. But remember there are multiple variables at play, and one simple rule wont solve every situation unless some other variables are modified. Its a contraversial balancing act.
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

"no!"

The way I see it, If your stupid enough to rob the bank when a cop is sitting their then you should take any consequences of that.

On Aston, If you have a GTR its fairly easy to get away if you have a lead on the cop.

I'd love to see some bank robbing tactics employed. The old smash n grab is getting a bit tedious. So if you allow cops to circle the bank or camp the bank then people wanting to rob will have to come up with cunning plans to get to the cash.. Which adds alot to the game.

People could start teaming up, 1 to distract the cop and the other to rob etc..
Maybe it is just me, However I think there should be a bit more roleplay. I mean the whole idea of the cruise is about doing something the game wasn't meant for, 'Pretending' its not a race game.. So why not go further and have some fun stories goin around of how clever JimBobMcGee was when he robbed the bank from under that Big Hulkin Oaf of a cop =D
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

I find it really enjoyable when I'm hanging around the bank and some speeder goes flying by. Then I initiate a pursuit, sometimes they stop sometimes they dont. If they dont, I get a fair distance away from the bank, and have to 'give up the pursuit' and high-tail it back to the bank because 5 people are swarming in on it. If someone robs it at that moment I have enough momentum to catch up to them, and a really good chase happens. Very exciting for all involved.

Then the speeder gets to have a laugh at my expense, saying "Yeah - I escaped!! - he has bigger fish to fry." Cool stuff really.
adisor
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by adisor »

theres a bank ?
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

adisor wrote:theres a bank ?
Hello.. you must be new here. Welcome to the forums: ;-) Withdrawals only
zak_mull
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder

Post by zak_mull »

well i shoud have added, what if officer and/or cadet was down either direction less than 100 meters, is that fair?
ImageImageImage
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

zak_mull wrote:well i shoud have added, what if officer and/or cadet was down either direction less than 100 meters, is that fair?
I think it is. Bank rob is the worst crime there is on the server really, So I don't see why there should be rules to make it easier for the robber. It should be as tough as possible.
zilhaax
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: z1ilhaax
LFS Name: zilhaax8585

Post by zilhaax »

Cops are not sitting in bank all the time, in realf life I mean, so maybe should be some kind of Bank Secirity Department ??
They will only cover bank, and chase ppl when it will be robbed, police will support them.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

In real life cops dont loosse the suspect in 4 minutes.

Is this fair?

zilhaax
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by zilhaax »

its not fair, but in real life cops are not so quick, and they are not crashing suspects in front. Extend that time from 4 minutes to 10 minutes and than U will see :P
adisor
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by adisor »

JasonJ wrote:In real life cops dont loosse the suspect in 4 minutes.
in real life ppl dont get paid to drive around....
cops dont !pitlane...

btw.. .thx for the bank thing.. i didnt know..

can i open an account? Debit perhaps?
zilhaax
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by zilhaax »

there is no real life :wink: there is only MATRIX 8)
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

adisor wrote:cops dont !pitlane...
Just to annoy you I will respond to that statement. :-) (*just to clarify things a bit*)

In real life you wouldn't have only 1-2 cops chasing a bank robber. Cops on CLC dont get 'paid' so they get free pitlane whenever necessary for dangerous services delivered.

A cop pitlaning during a bank robbery can be justified because a real bank robber would have countless cops after him, so the cops doing !pitlane are really just another unit called in from HQ to assist the bank robbery chase. State has endless funds for grand theft criminals.
(NB: !pitlane during a regular pursuit will end that officers' chase, but other units may see it to the end if they were called in for backup and are still in hot-pursuit. The cop going back to !pitlane CANNOT re-join the regular pursuit.) On the rules thread
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Who's Camping in this picture?
1) Cop
2) The 3 FXR's