POLL: Does South City deserve full week in rotation?

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

Do you think South City should get 7 days of use instead of 3?

Yes
48%
No
30%
I Don't Care
4%
I Wouldn't Mind
17%

Total votes: 23

Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

POLL: Does South City deserve full week in rotation?

Post by Wraak »

Last time we had South City, for a whole 3 days, I was loving it. Sure, you can't go 160 mph down a straight, and sure if you go wrong side chances are you'll get fined, but the way I see it that's the way it should be. It was great fun cruising there. Instead of plain old grass and trees, you get the buildings and the whole City Life experience. Personally I'd love to see it get a whole week instead of getting bundled with Blackwood.

I'm not sure if this is even possible with the rotation, as I'm not certain how it works, but if possible maybe have it changed (based on poll, of course)
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Re: POLL: Does South City deserve full week in rotation?

Post by Eaglezor »

I for one love SC, and would love to see it on abit more,however, The CLC admins try to please the majority, i suppose the poll will tell us
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

Please do not make polls like this, CLC does not make it's decisions based on the public vote and the results of this poll will not determine anything.

South city is set at 3 days for a reason. We currently have plans to run a week of 3 different special tracks at the end of every rotation so you should hopefully see it appear more often than you do now.
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker

Post by Wraak »

Bobomoomin wrote:Please do not make polls like this, CLC does not make it's decisions based on the public vote and the results of this poll will not determine anything.

South city is set at 3 days for a reason. We currently have plans to run a week of 3 different special tracks at the end of every rotation so you should hopefully see it appear more often than you do now.
I was thinking maybe it shouldn't be a "special track", or rather a regular track. But okay, you can close / delete.
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

I think what bobo's saying (your ofc free to correct me bobo, i dont want to put words in your mouth) is that a thread without a poll is better, if you wanted to suggest what u just said. A poll gives the impression what we'll act after how it turns out. Im not saying we dont think of what users want, but sometimes other things have priority or the intended solution just dont work, no matter how many users wants it. (a more extreme example of that was the FE offroad track we tried for two days...).

Just to clarify :)
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker

Post by Wraak »

Oh, maybe my intentions of the poll weren't clear. I didn't mean it to be used as a vote to have it in, I meant it to see how many people actually agreed, I didn't know if it was just me. Of course I don't expect admins to do it JUST because people pressed a button, but didn't expect a "we don't change our minds. We don't care about your opinion" response. It was just my opinion that maybe it deserved a full week; just wanted to suggest it then see if anyone agreed.
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

well wraak unforunatly for south city weve tried on several occasions to run it for a week , people voted with their feet after 2/3 days people left till the track was changed we were down to 5/10 people maximum all day after 2/3 days . so this poll does seem pointless .we even listened to people and changed the layout with the same results as before , i think what bobo was saying if it involves admin work polls are pointless as we are all highly involved in making the server as popular as possible and unfortunatly that doesnt seem to involve south city for 7 days and i really like so4r .
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker

Post by Wraak »

Yeah it was a bit empty. I don't understand why people LOVE going so fast and going in wrong lane to go even faster on a boring track, rather than cruise properly in a very exciting setting. But whatever benefits the server is best =)
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

SO roads are just not wide enough to have some police action or

even pass a slower car and not get into headon traffic.

Just my opinion, greets P V L
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun