Big TS discussion. You should read.

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Big TS discussion. You should read.

Post by Orsenfelt »

For a start, I should say who is in TS, So any admins can take up this convo with them as it is a pretty serious discussion. So, Myself, P V L, PassMe(Conrad), Bobo and Pugsly. I do know that several other 'Civilians' agree with all of/some of our points. They are fairly known concerns with the track. It is all in the name of CLC improvement!

Halfway through a pretty massive discussion on the pro's and cons of Aston. I thought it would be a good idea to carry it on, So please add your points.

First up, The biggest discussion point, Point 1. Eua Rogue , CorkScrew, Turn2, Call it what you will. (The uphill squiggly bit)

I fear words will not do well enough to explain the problem, So let me draw you a diagram. with COLOURS!
Here is the issue, The red are the barriers, Now they are there to stop people cutting up across the sand. However, That is not the problem. The light BLUE arrow is the way most people cut the road. There is still nothing there. We all agree that there should be a wrongway in the middle of the corkscrew (The brown bit) to discourage people from doing so. Avoiding alot of head-on collisions.

When people cut the sand, Not many collisions occur. There are far many in the middle of the road. The barriers on the sand are forcing drivers into the middle of the road, We think it should be the other way around. Maybe a wrongway to force drivers to stay in their lane/up onto the sand.

Point number 2)

The Police station. Problem - Massive waste of space/objects.
This spot of open space has so much potential. There could maybe be like a major roundabout with several turn offs, We do not know exactly but something. The police station takes up so little space, There is a fairly useless and oddly shaped car park that nobody actually uses..

Point number 3)
Lottery Pickup. Problem - "Where the hell did that little road go?"

Not exactly outlining the problem, The issue is not entering the lottery pickup, That is fine. The main problem is leaving out that little junction. People coming on the main track are going so much faster.
There used to be a little road you could go around and it would take you round the corner and upto the "tollbooth" (Little junction bit).
That lane is now gone, Rendering the "tollbooth" utterly useless..

Point number 4
The "S-Bends". Problem - They encourage cutting.
The barriers are layed out in such a way that it offers up a very clear straight line through the corners.. We think all the barriers should be moved their length further around the track. This would keep them sparse enough not to overload the server yet still block off the the middle of the road to those coming off the Apex's of each corner.

Minor Points:
The track itself. Pugsly first brought this up, He is certain.
Myself, Bobo, PVL are slightly wavering but somewhat agree. The problem is mainly that Aston is so wide and open that everyone feels the need to race and absolutley gun it around.. Forcing the admins to put up barriers to prevent it.. We do also agree that a better thought out layout would solve this issue.

Please add issues you have with the track here.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

I assume they just added those barriers today? I agree with point 1 remove those barriers cutting through sand is not a majoy issue, if you must keep them put a barrier or wrong lane fine through the turn to prevent or discourage cutting through.

Point 2: I don't agree wit hthis as much I personally love to pull in and just park there when im going afk for a bit, or when other people are parked there chating. I have seen several people use that for chatting and such so I don't really agree, besides thats the only thing on that long strecth of road so it adds a little scenary imo.

Point 3: Actually I don't think it is to hard to get out of the lotto so I don't agree with that asspect however, I loved that lotto road I am not sure why it was removed, it was my one of my favourite sections on the track. Please bring it back it adds a little more alternative to the track.

Point 4: I have not seen a major issue with this however I am noticing it more and more as people become more coifident with the track. I am not sure chaning that barriers will make a huge difference but maybe worth a try, this is an issue I would keep a look out for though.

Added Point/question: Stop line what are they? I personally don't understand the point of the stop lines as I call them such as before lotto junction, roundabout etc. I think am just missing the point but if we are not supose to stop what are they for? If they are supose to be used as a yield then I dont understand why they are at long straight exit and such? I think the only place for them on the track is the roundabout section if they are indeed stop line if not can someone explain the purpose? They seem like wasted space in my opinion.
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

I think the main point throughout is that CLC is not a race server. So why is the layout made easy for people to cut across lanes, cut corners and go really fast all over the place..
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Shaken: Most major intersections have lines across the road, showing where you must either stop or give way. End of the straight - yes - there is a 90 slowdown zone and there is an intersention.

The lotto wall - path was changed quickly for two reasons:

Red line: Some people were cutting across the grass. Adding objects around the edge used up many objects. As usual a few people doing the wrong thing spoils it for everyone else. And people say, well the 'toll' around the corner on the topside serves no purpose now. Well its is a visual thing. An obstical, if you will. It's called the neadle. And I think the outer barriers have been placed back for a test.

Blue Line: Barriers were moved down the picture because I had many refunds to do because of people driving in too fast and lagging into the empty (out of bounds) zone following the blue path. When I have watched the 7th or so replay of someone doing this (some replays are 5 hours long) then that prompts me to change something.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Ok thanks jason for the response, I also wanted to comment on the new barriers of cutting across the sand. I actually got to play a bit last night and actually found those barriers pretty much useless (
not in a bad way actually) I was still able to cut across the sand without cutting through the middle line of traffic so I don't actually see that as adding to the problem however about the actually people cutting through there Maybe consider adding some barriers or a wrong way fine, or just leave it alone personally I have not ran into too much trouble there.

PS: I liked the newly added drag strip.
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

So here is what I am thinking: The barriers beside Eau Rouge ( got it, Orsen

? :wink: ) are not on my usually way, so i don't mind them. But there are

some people using the sand to cut in a chase and it is very bad for them.

The easiest way would be to use wrong way traps instead of barriers. The

idea is all cruisers will avoid them but people involved in any kind of chase

will take the fine if they feel worth to pay it. Next point for me is a wrong way

trap in the middle of the road at Eau Rouge, I see no need for that

because no matter which direction you go there is a pretty far view up or

down making it easy to avoid crashes, I myself had exactly 0 crashes

there yet, even when there are some cars standing you can avoid

hitting them at very low risk. Thanks for reading, P V L
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Wrong way traps. Personally I only like to use them in these situations when it is necessary:

* Blind Corners/Black Spots where you CANNOT see oncomming traffic.
* Pit Entry/Pit Exit
* Obvious Toll Booths.
* Places that cause high speed accidents because 95% of people go the wrong side of the road, when the right (correct) side is still quite fast and fun to get through.

I got the barrier after the 'needle' removed with some bargining, so one more 'pulled out' and I wont mind any other changes. It's like pulling out teeth. :-)

I dont like the wider police station intersection... I like a thrill and that was cool fun too squeeze through before. Hahah. I'm a thrill seeker. But if a wider intersection is needed....... welll :roll:

Let me describe my experience of Eau Rouge (aka corkscrew):
I often run the opposite direction to the normal traffic. I like oncomming traffic and the challenge. I have not more than 3 head-on accidents at Eau Rouge with the barriers missing from the hill climb. Basically when I am going down the hill and some one is cuting in my lane, I have space and move over and say - keep right. So no major trouble from me in the past. Now its alot tighter and more restrictive. I fine the oncomming traffic is keeping right now. It's seems safer. I can still hammer it when going with the traffic flow, the tyres make it very risky to myself, so it makes me think twice before going hard through it. It's very restrictive, so I didnt like it at first, but ithe restriction seems to have slowed traffic and made it safer and now it feels like I am taking a bigger risk to go fast through it, so I like it for that fact, (adrenalin). The way it was before, you just go flat out without much care for cutting and there was no 'risk'.

I cannot tell if it causes more head-on accidents now. Bobomoomin did quite an interesting count of 50 cars passing the new Eau Rouge section.
Perhapse he can post the results here?