Moderator: CLC Crew

Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

CLC becomes very unpopular!

Post by Chris »

Hi all!

I think u all know that the CLC server is always kinda empty. Maximum 10 people. In former times, on Fe4, it was always full, or at least 20 people. I think one problem is that there are almost no cops or admins. I know, they have a life, too. But then we should think about to vote for more new cops and admins.

Maybe thats not the only problem, but its a start of changing something. I hope CLC becomes popular again.

Another point is the current track, coz a lot of user are very unhappy about it. Some1 said its to short, others said its boring or it looks not like a city. Something have to be done. If the admins are to busy to change the track and the new layout for it.

A solution would be that some1 can open a private server for some people who are playing on CLC very often and like to create a new layout for a new track.

:!: :!:I HOPE SOMETHING WILL BE DONE SOON :!: :!:

your Chr!s
Image Image
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

Yeh, More cops and admins
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

Personally, I wish FE4 was back :( Aston is a nice track but it's just not made for cruising no matter how good the layout is.
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Post by Chesta »

I think its mainly been empty because it went down and some people started going to other places while it was down and they just havent came back yet
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
MINIz guy
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Andrew
LFS Name: MINIz guy

Post by MINIz guy »

Eagle, if you want more admins, the CLC crew should expand where every admin is from. That way, after the admins from Europe disconnect, there is a chance a admin from the states will join and keep it up, therefore, no empty servers without an admin.
VTiRoj
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: VTiRoj / 1.4iSRoj
LFS Name: VTiRoj

Post by VTiRoj »

I can think of 5 reasons why CLC Aston is becomming "empty".

- It crashes too often
- Everyone misses Fern Bay
- TC and LTC have their insims that have cheaper cars and easier to earn money
- Lack of admins/police
- New people come on, see they have a UF1, then complain because most people have GTR's, FZ5, TBO, etc, then leave and go on a different cruise server

Maybe I exagerated some points, but as long as CLC servers do exist, I will cruise them regardless of how many people are on it :)
My XFG is annoying and I hate it. I drive my FXR at twice the speed and yet I don't crash it anywhere near as much as my XFG. ¬_¬

In Garage: FXR, FZ5, RB4, XFG, XRG
Next To Buy: XRT
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

I think VTiRoj pointed out some good points. I don't think it is so much lack of admins as it is lack of police. Police do add a whole new element when driving around. Even if your not majorly breaking the law you are always keeping a look out or see other people being chased, etc. quite exciting.

I think the other reason which VTiRoj is the other mai nreason with Police and thats the other servers insims are easier.
I don't think ours should be easier personally I think it is just right however the majority of users like to earn everything without much challange which is sad but thats the way the world is becoming. alot of people want something without having to work for it, which is a shame. :cry:
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

i agree but not with FE4.
FE4 is a track which was very popular and LTC has got it so ppl might like CLC because it is a change of track.
but we really do need more officers.
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Bobomoomin
Officer

Post by Bobomoomin »

- TC and LTC have their insims that have cheaper cars and easier to earn money
- New people come on, see they have a UF1, then complain because most people have GTR's, FZ5, TBO, etc, then leave and go on a different cruise server
These two things sort of clash with each other. When you make cars cheaper people get the GTR's quicker.

I honestly think it's acctualy too easy, I'd prefer to have to drive months and months to get all the cars rather than just a few weeks that you can now. I have a lot to speak about on this matter so if any admins want to hear me out just let me know.
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

getting one of the GTRs is basically the main goal in these type of sims, so getting there quickly is like the game ending. it should actually be an effort to get the top cars, and a lot of new people don't seem to realise this. they come from other servers and just expect to have the top cars.

and so what if they complain about starting with the UF1. most of the time we wouldn't want people like this charging around in GTRs, maybe wrecking people.

CLC just needs to promote itself. we also need to encourage some older members to come back. i'm really disappointed that people who used to use the server have either gone to LTC (which i really hate, full of idiots) or set up their own private servers. we need CLC banners! and for admins to take an interest!

to be perfectly honest i am or will be on most days for an hour or two, which seems more than some of the admins. some admins have disappeared...

edit: to be perfectly honest, i'm so pissed off about people going randomly to TC and LTC after looking at the LTC site, i'm prepared to name and shame people. might not help but it will show which users have deserted us

/rant before i explode
Bobomoomin
Officer

Post by Bobomoomin »

I'm acctualy really glad a lot of people agree with some of my thoughts.

I also agree that CLC does indeed need to advertise itself more as all it currently relies on is people stumbling across the server. I'd never played an insim like CLC's until one day I accidently stumbled across the server I found myself never going back.

Maybe there's more people out there that simply don't realise that cruise servers even exist, they just need someone or something to point them in the right direction. I have quite a lot of experience with getting people interested in joining communities so I have lots of ideas and suggestions just waiting to be used.
Chesta
Sergeant

Post by Chesta »

oh dear. i think today shows why CLC doesnt need to be more popular. lol

there were 25 connections.. which

#1 Makes Lag
#2 Causes accidents!

The Result: 10+ cars flipped over, people trying to flip them being launched off the track etc. all around chaos. i'd rather have less people and it be calm!!

but i do agree.. we need Fern Bay back ^^, i miss it :(
wentz22
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [CLC] Adam W
LFS Name: wentz22

Post by wentz22 »

Gettin fern bay up and running is one of the main goals of clc right now, once we fix the major glitch found we will have to test if we can run both servers at the same time and if all goes well then fe4 will be active again.

Speaking of active i apoligise to all the drivers that i have not been more active, i am currently in the proccess of ending my job and packing for college in Oct, not to mention finding out that the apartment i was suposed to live in got rented to someone else doesnt help one bit

CLC- Where Simulation Meets Reality
....And Chris P Sucks His Thumb
Chesta
Sergeant

Post by Chesta »

Good to hear that Fern Bay is under development.

Wentz we know the admins have lives, and we respect that. A little update here and there would be nice though :P

I was thinking about this "lack of admins", why not have a group that is like Representatives of CLC. they could keep track of goings on in the server and report back to the admins? just an idea...
wentz22
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [CLC] Adam W
LFS Name: wentz22

Post by wentz22 »

That is a nice idea but i cant see it working.

Just like when admins are present and when there not present the atmosphere of the server is different. I know because iv lived on both sides of the lake so to speak, iv been on the server as a non admin and seen the total chaos that is comited, but as soon as an admin logs in they stop and move on with there lives. I believe the same would happen with these clc rep's even if we keep them secret to the public there names will leak out over time and people will act differently when there online and when there not.

I for one cant see this idea working but iv been known to be wrong, ill bring it up to the others and see where things go.

CLC- Where Simulation Meets Reality
....And Chris P Sucks His Thumb