what is with these 2k fines for being afk?

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

hedders1
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

what is with these 2k fines for being afk?

Post by hedders1 »

I filed a ticket when this happened the other day but i got no response, now it has happened again i am starting to think it is a new feature.

Do you now get kicked and fined 2k after a certain amount of time in spectate mode?

It has happened to me both times i have gone into spectate mode in the last two days but i have not seen any new rules posted?

Whats happening here?
hedders1
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by hedders1 »

BTW, i am not talking about if i spectae while on track. I am talking about when i drive into a grage and go into spectate mode. All sems fine and i join the spectators but when i come back to the pc i have been kicked and fined.
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

Sounds like more memory leak problems. This has been a very rare problem which seems to only affect AFK spectators, what basically happens is that Insim assigns you someone else ID so if they were to drive into restricted areas you would get the fine instead of them. I know all the admins are working hard to try and resolve this very rare problem but for now the safest thing to do is to totally disconnect from the server if you're going to be away for any period of time. (Also means to get another lotto ticket =D)
hedders1
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by hedders1 »

Thanks Bobo,

Its strange, it has never happened to me before and now thats twice in two connections.

I have not had a single time out since the fine has been lowered, now i just get these 2k AFK fines instead :(
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Post by samforey »

It does it with pitting to, if the error occurs even if they pit properly it takes 200 off of you not them :x
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Not a new feature. Just disconnect if you plan to stay in spectate mode for a long period of time. Sometimes the system gets confused and randomly fines the wrong person, it usually picks people in spectate mode.
hedders1
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by hedders1 »

Thanks JJ,

Well one thing is for sure, i will not be using the spectate feature any more!

Thanks for the tip.

Hedders.