Why are the wrong way traps at wrong places?

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

Do you think the wrong way traps at country roads make the game better?

Poll ended at 23 Oct 2007, 19:10

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 15

matze54564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Why are the wrong way traps at wrong places?

Post by matze54564 »

The wrong way traps are often not the right way top fine players because:
- If all players drive only at the right side, you have no more keeping attention for oncoming traffic. This cause that the game is no more so hard to play and it will you then no more so much demand.
- The traps are absolutely invisible
- The traps are sometimes placed at points where overtaking is very good possible.

Sure are the traps at some places good. This are only places behind barriers at streets like a autobahn. There make the wrong way traps sense to fine all ghost driver.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Has anyone driven the opposite way on another cruise server. You can't. Too many driving wrong side because there is no consequence of wrong side.

Are you you saying that you can't concentrate on oncomming traffic because all your efforts are being used to concentrate on keeping right ? If this is what you meant, please don't but a real car. You have to keep right (correct side) or else you die.

Yes the traps aren't perfect and some need re-adjustment. But removing them wont bring in more players to the server. Truth be told, they do not want consequences for crashing out (from bad driving). They think the (now changed) 1200 is too much. They think paying a small fee of 5-20 euros for a pit stop is waaaay too expensive. Yes this server is hard. You only get the good drivers here as a result. The quality of drivers at CLC on the whole is alot better.

Perhapse a warning on screen when approaching a wrong way trap might be of use. But if I get around to that, the number of traps will increase to compensate. "BLACK SPOT" warning?
matze54564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by matze54564 »

JasonJ wrote:Has anyone driven the opposite way on another cruise server. You can't.
I drive on LTC always ideal line, and when i see oncoming traffic i drive right lane.
JasonJ wrote:Are you you saying that you can't concentrate on oncomming traffic because all your efforts are being used to concentrate on keeping right ?
No, this is not what i meant, i meant that i then be falling in sleep while driving because its so boring because i have not to keep attention for oncoming traffic because there is no danger from oncoming traffic when all drive at right lane. How is it in real live if u at a country road want overtaking a slow car? In real live is this very dangerous, and you have to keep much attention for oncoming traffic. Furthermore, if a wrong way trap prevent a accident, i´m sadly and get bored, and if my attention prevent a accident, i´m happy - the game is nicer for me then.
JasonJ wrote:But removing them wont bring in more players to the server.
No i don´t think so, i think the traps are the reason that many players have left clc.
JasonJ wrote:They think the (now changed) 1200 is too much. They think paying a small fee of 5-20 euros for a pit stop is waaaay too expensive.
No, i´m from the other one, i want back to the "lost car system" from the old CLIS. I find €2000 fine for out of bounds is to less, it can be harder. Everybody can see where is out of bounds, but nobody can see where is such a wrong way trap, thats the problem, and thats what get annoyed. A invisible trap, nothing is more annoying. Also the 600 for !pitlane are ok, it can be 1200 or 2000, and fine for out of bounds/restricted area can be 10k+ and determined by car and not for all cars the same.
JasonJ wrote:Perhapse a warning on screen when approaching a wrong way trap might be of use. But if I get around to that, the number of traps will increase to compensate. "BLACK SPOT" warning?
No i will see there a Barrier. I will the trap not seen after the barrier i will the trap seen behind the barrier. In the first train-corner near by the bridge is a trap behind a barrier, this solution is nice and can be. The Trap after T1 and the barriers is the worst trap, because if there no oncoming traffic is there a nice place to overtake a slower car. The southwest-traps are not much better.
At the banklane-street are some traps, this traps are good.
So fast can be a big misunderstanding
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

Personally, I have seen you hit many many people because you go on the wrong side is there is or is not an oncoming car.
I like these wrong way traps, I have noticed that after the traps were added, I can actually drive many many laps going the reverse direction without even being touched by a car. There is only one trap that is up right now that I think we could do without, and that is the one after chicane 1 going the correct direction.
Take a few laps on LTC going the reverse direction, you get hit at LEAST twice a lap.

A quote from you that does not seem to have any logic involved in it---
"If you remove all the wrong way traps, I will keep to the correct side"
That is supposed to make ANY sense?
Want to mess with me? Go for it.. See what happens.. Just don't complain about what happens.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Ok some things were misunderstood and the traps need some adjustments.
matze54564 wrote:
JasonJ wrote:Has anyone driven the opposite way on another cruise server. You can't.
I drive on LTC always ideal line, and when I see oncoming traffic I drive right lane.
This is the problem. You may see oncomming traffic and move over. The people that left CLC don't give a sh.t and crash into you because they are on the wrong side.

If we remove all the wrong way traps those people wont come back. They complain about small pit fees for a start. Complain about any costs. To be honest, they may as well be on a non-inSim server, they will get all the cars very quickly where they are because there are no penalties, unless you press shift-s or shift-p.

I asked the guy who runs LTC why doesnt he have fines for crashing your car into oblivion? (out of track) He said he was thinking about adding a small fine for that. He hasn't yet.... this was weeks ago,... they just got new updates now and there is still no out of bounds fine. He wont put them in because he knows the novices driving there wont like it and will get all sh.tty at him. My point... removing all the traps will not bring truckloads of people to the server. Some do need adjusting but some will stay. You can at least see the reason for some of them.
matze54564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by matze54564 »

JasonJ wrote:I asked the guy who runs LTC why doesnt he have fines for crashing your car into oblivion?
Yes, thats what is wrong with LTC - no restricted areas. If you there fly out of bounds you lost just the cash bonus (2000) which you get there if you make 20 laps in distance. This is much to less, and nobody go always for the bonus. On LTC you have just to pay for beeing at roof or stuck. 500 €.
skstibi wrote:Personally, I have seen you hit many many people because you go on the wrong side
I have learned to prevent such accidents, and i have learned to read the small map (since the rotating have stopped is it very much easier). Sure im not the best example, i rammed to much people at wrong lane because i was not keeping enough attention while driving. I´m sorry about this part of my history. Furthermore i will that traps behind Barriers stay, because there is no sense in driving at wrong lane if a barrier in the middle of the road.