CCTV Spotted Suspicious activity? Cooldown timer? + gold ?

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

Coderedpl
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

CCTV Spotted Suspicious activity? Cooldown timer? + gold ?

Post by Coderedpl »

Hello All,
I have recently started to play on this server and its pretty cool. I wanted to try and rob the bank to see if I could get away.

Everytime I go into the bank, i get the CCTV message. No matter what, even after my 2 day ban (bankruptcy) it still happens.
I was told there is a cool down timer and everytime i try it goes up.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Also another thing i noticed is that MANY times if not mots of the time, the gold is out of bounds.
Is this getting fixed soon?

Thanks in advance!
Sketchyrollin564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Sketchyrollin564 »

Ok so as far as i know, this how how bank robbery works. You can only be spotted by CCTV as suspicious, and you can only rob the bank if there are RED officers online. Im sure you know this already.

Now, when you enter the server, you have to wait about 30 minutes before you can rob the bank. Then, unless sombody has already robbed the bank in that 30 minute period, then you should be able to rob it. UNLESS however, you try to rob it before those thirty minutes, and you get spotted by CCTV. Basically, every time sombody robs the bank, theres i think a 15 minute cool down period, and if its YOU who robbed it, then its 30 minutes. When you get spotted by CCTV, it doubles the time you have to wait.

Im pretty sure thats how it works, and if not, then il be corrected, but in general, thats how it goes.

As far as the bank thing, yes, a lot of the time the gold is placed off map, because it is generated randomly. Ive even heard rumors about it being airborne once, and sombody had to jump to get it. I dont know if this is true or not.

The good news, i think every half an hour, when the gold hasnt been found, it generates a new location for it.
adisor
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by adisor »

yep thats pretty much it.

CCTV suspect = ur cooldown time just doubled. (its from keeping ppl from waiting in the bank when it opens).
Sketchyrollin564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Sketchyrollin564 »

Oh, and also, a word of advice from a semi long-term player...

Dont rob the bank unless you are prepared to pay the big fine. Its not really a good idea to try to rob it in a UF1. Not saying its not possible, but it isnt very smart. Also, when you rob the bank, you are automaticly under condition 4 pursuit, so make sure your in a car that you can drive comfortably with damage, or a car that can take punishment very well (RB4 with rally setup, wink wink).

For more info on conditions of pursuit, fines, bank robbery info, etc, Check out the threads in the "Rules" section.

Heres a link to make it easy for ya: http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

Place your sarcastic comment here :wink:

I refuse to share the secret
Want to mess with me? Go for it.. See what happens.. Just don't complain about what happens.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Gold:

I hope you can make sense of this-

The gold is out of bounds sometimes yes. If it was on track EVERY time then people would be finding gold every two minutes, which gives 2000 reward. If everyone gets 2000 every two minutes.......... well no point really explaining....

The usual response to this problem is:
"well dont make the gold appear again right after someone picks it up. Make it happen 1 hour later or something."
But becuase it's randomly placed, it randomly appears on track by it's own definition, meaning a 1 hour forced wait time is not necessary. It appears every so often on track by itself.

Use this analogy: Its like when you find $50 in the street. You can't expect that all lost $50 notes are all put in your suburb, so you can find them all, some end up at the dump or the forest. (Tip/Bush)

There are some changes rolling out soon in regards to searching etc, but I must keep these changes secret for the time being. There will be an exciting new release in the comming days.

edit:
Its not airbourne gold! I wanted to keep that rumour going after I read that LOL, but you have to 'dig it up' by stopping still.
I'm just clarifying the interpretation of the quest and its story. I dont want people thinking they must fly to get gold. Sheesh, it's hard enough without needing antigravity modifications to cars.

---------------

Bank:

In a nutshell, don't try and rob until a good hour after the previous robbery, (Unless you dont mind risking gettting caught by the CCTV) Sometimes it opens 10 minutes after a robbery, its a gamble, everyone has the same odds.

---------------------

edit:
Oh man, I laughed so hard at Sketchy's response about the bank system. It was nice to read an outsiders view of the bank security systems. Totally confusing was my first impression. I think posting the actual machine code here might have made more sense. LOL Sketchy, thanks for being such a good sport.

But you did a pretty good job at explaining the highly technical bank security systems, .....Except the 15 mins thing is actually a random amount each time.

If I read that interpretation, I would be like.... "umm ohhh, really, wot? Ummm.....I think I'll just get a job and not resort to crime"

The thing that makes it so confusing is that it can actually open within 10 minutes of the last robbery, but sometimes its much longer.
Coderedpl
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by Coderedpl »

By today my cooldown time should of expired unless its set for 5000000 hours.

So from my understanding i should go into a server, play for sometime (30 mins or mroe) and then try robbing the bank if nobody robbed it in between those times?

I will not be surprised if it doesnt work now and it works when i dont want it to lol

any idea when the update is coming out?
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Coderedpl wrote:By today my cooldown time should of expired unless its set for 5000000 hours.
It doesnt count down when your not connected. It's reset you to suspicious when you re-join the server in order to stop previous robbers attempting to remove their suspiciousness level by reconnecting. After a robbery occurs whilst your still conencted, you are reset to not suspicious, but remember the bank is not open RIGHT after a robbery occurs, it stays closed for a random time, if you try to rob it before it opens..... then you are marked as suspicious again, you have to wait double everyone else's time.
Coderedpl wrote:So from my understanding i should go into a server, play for sometime (30 mins or mroe) and then try robbing the bank if nobody robbed it in between those times?
Yes, sometimes less than 30 mins, sometimes more. To be 100% sure, wait an hour and a half after you just joined. But you can take a gamble. Maybe its open in the first 20 mins.'

And remember: Don't rob the bank unless you are prepared to loose up to 10,000 if you fail. Failed robberies don't automatically get a refund. You should watch a few robberies in spectate before attempting it yourself.
Coderedpl wrote:any idea when the update is coming out?
I'm hoping a few days. But, you know how programmers can be..... bunch of lazy sods the lot of 'em.