Lack of cops

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

Sketchyrollin564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Lack of cops

Post by Sketchyrollin564 »

Ok so im not on CLC 24/7, so i dont know if theres cops online when im not, because of time zones in different parts of the world, but ive been on a ton of different times during the day (even times when id normally be asleep, like 3am), and theres HARDLY ever any cops.

And the rare occasion that there is cops online, they are either off duty and AFK, or in there civillian names and just speeding and driving like everyone else.

TBH, and i know im gonna get "if you dont like it then dont play", its pretty boring being in a cruising server, where nobody follows the speedlimits, everyone wrong way drives, and its basically just a practice server with more accidents due to "wrong way drivers". I mean when cops used to be on a lot, then the times when they werent on, it wasnt so bad, cause it was like a freedom, but now id say mabey 5% of the time they are on (and on duty). The other 95% of the time, its chaos.

Now i know the cops (as do the cruisers) have lives and cant be on 24/7. So my question is, why not accept new officers? Im not talking about any random people, but just people who are on a lot, and are fun to drive with, and are good rivers as well. To name a few, AnyBodyKilla, Chesta, matt2000 (i think thats his name), and basically any of the well respected cruisers who go on quite often.

Its not much of a harm, since they A. still have the option to say no, so they can rob the bank still, B. are well trusted and respected and wont be bad officers,, and C. Its not like there being promoted to admins

This way, theres more of a chance of there being officers both playing, and willing to go on duty.

Also, officers somtimes use the excuse that its not fair when its one officer and 20 civillians. Each officer can have 2 cadets, right? Well there you go, thats like having 3 officers.

They also complain that whenever they do officer, 95% of the people run away and purposley do annoying stuff in front of them to try to get the cop to chase them. Yes thats true, and yes thats annoying as hell, but the reason they do it (my guess) is because its such a rare occurance that officers are on duty, that they want to "cherish" the moment and have a chase. When one person occasionally runs away, its fun, but when EVERYBODY does it it gets annoying. Now if there were cops on duty more often, a LOT more people would follow the speedlimits and drive better, and they would pull over as opposed to run forever, or mabey only run (without endangering anyone) untill condition 2, then pull over (i do that somtimes), because it wouldnt be such a "OMG THERS A COP ONLINE HOLY KANOLI!!!" moment.

Also, (some people wont like me for this one), i think another reason people run so often is because a lot of the time officers will fine you VERY little on a condition 4 chase, simply cause it was fun. Now theres nothing wrong with that every once in a while, but i see it happening all the time with people who when run, hit other civillian cars, and are just plain annoying. When this happens, the cop usually doesnt say "fun chase" but still gives them a really low fine.

My guess is that they figure "hey its more fun to run than pull over, and its the same fine no matter what, so why not" and then they run. Im not saying you have to give fines to the maximum extent when its a fun chase, but mabey like 1,000 euros (which is still very lttle for a condition 4 chase), so they dont feel like they have nothing to lose when running.

This would mean,

A. Less noobs running away because they think the law is very weakly enforced (which is true), and

B. Less normal people running away, because (since 95% of the time, you DO get busted), the figure its easyer to just pay the small fine for condition 1 and have there car stay the same as it was before they got pulled over, as opposed to paying a huge fine (which sets them back from the car there saving for, and threw away about mabey 7 laps worth of money), and having to deal with driving a beaten up car back to the pits after the chase.

Think about it, its way easyer to escape from a bank rob than a normal condition 4 chase. Why? you have time on your side. If the bank robbery didnt have a time limit for the cops to catch you, it would be damn near impossible to rob the bank. The only thing you have working with you is the fact that cops cant rejoin after !pitlane-ing

Yet, even though its EASYER to escape from robbing the bank, you usually pay a huge fine, and most people dont want to risk that, so they dont rob the bank unless they are super confident. Yet even people in XFG's will constantly run away from a chase, even though they always end up getting busted.

Pass and Jason are (usually) the only officers who ever go on duty, but jason is never on when all the people that play when i play are on, and pass is AFK 80% of the time nowadays

I think at this point im just repeating myself, but i know im not the only one who feels this way. Anyone else wanna contribute?
MINIz guy
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Andrew
LFS Name: MINIz guy

Post by MINIz guy »

Well, I was a cop 75% of the time I first got promoted, I played so much that it got somewhat boring. Now, I either play as civilian until another cop comes on for a bank rob or whatnot. Or, now I've started to play Day of Defeat: Source since LFS has gotten boring.
wentz22
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [CLC] Adam W
LFS Name: wentz22

Post by wentz22 »

Just a note that the admins are aware of the decrease of Officers, and we are looking into promoting new drivers to Officers :)

CLC- Where Simulation Meets Reality
....And Chris P Sucks His Thumb
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Well good post.

The server seems busier a bit more lately, so the accident ratio might be climbing again. And with some soon to be release updates, I imagine its going to get busier.

I guess I'll add that the reason choosing officers is such a rare event is because there is huge responsibility on CLC as an officer.

Just going on duty opens up the bank, robbers are at risk of loosing up to 10,000 in one false move. They also have the ability to add speedtraps and direction traps which also give instant fines. They start a chase and if the criminal gets knocked out by accident, theres 1200 down the drain for being a suspect + the 1200 accident fine on top. There is always a lot at stake.

If any of those things happen during the course of being onduty and it is indeed a complete accident, that civilian has to be refunded, etc etc processed, yadda yadda. Dealt with by the officer, replay recorded, submitted.....boing

You also get yelled alot for being an Officer to, fines too high. I wasnt speeding blah blah, Let me cadet pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase!!! stop abusing your power blah....to name a few, So it takes someone with alot of "spare-cash" (for refunds) and a calm personality to deal with associated problems when being a cop.

Plus added to that, when your on-duty you have to stick to speed limits of course and driving to the limit all the time is **** ***** fun. (yes two swear words) I actually use TV view onduty a lot, cause going the speed limits is kinda boring so I use TV view to make it interestingly difficult.

But everyone slows down when your ready for a chase and everyone speeds up when some new person comes along and needs help and your trying to deal with something else and peolpe are bugging you for a chase.
So in summary it takes great patience and maturity to be an Officer on CLC.

I would love to see lots more Officers at CLC. There are a couple people who are getting a look at. One problem is some people think it's a ticket to making more money faster, and its not. It's more about improving the role play on the server and sometimes this is costly to the Officers at the time. So getting the right people is really hard. Someone does cadetting for a few weeks and they think they have what it takes to be an officer, but it turns out they are too agressive or whatever.

BTW Sketchy, you were a pretty good cadet the first few days you played on CLC about three weeks ago. Hope this continues.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

MINIz guy wrote:Well, I was a cop 75% of the time I first got promoted, I played so much that it got somewhat boring. Now, I either play as civilian until another cop comes on for a bank rob or whatnot. Or, now I've started to play Day of Defeat: Source since LFS has gotten boring.
YOUR boring !!!

lol jks
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

I definatly agree with scetchy. Ive probably made over 100k, but due to noobs who cant even handle the UF1, and wreckless speeders, im only on 60k. If more cops were on (at least 2 at all times would be a good start) that would help control the chaos.

Another problem ive come across is cops who just stay in the police station ALL the time. If more cops were on, the bank could be gaurded as well as controlling speeders.

Also, what about recruiting more cadets in the small gtr's and xrt for speed traps? They can catch most cars and can call on officers for larger cars.
MINIz guy
Sergeant

Post by MINIz guy »

The reason right now cadets can't set speedtraps are that if they mess it up, people will get fined for no reason and people will want refunds.
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

As a cadet, I'd have no problem refunding if messed up a speedtrap...it'd teach the cadet not to mess up again!
MINIz guy
Sergeant

Post by MINIz guy »

That's you as a cadet, now try to get the other thousand possible cadets to do the same.
Sketchyrollin564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Sketchyrollin564 »

Sweet! Its good to know more officers are being added, CLC is just starting to get popular again, and the last thing we want is for that to go back down due to no officer activity.

And thanks for the compliment JJ :D
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

You have cops, people complain... No cops, people complain...
Yes, since the new version came out, I took 2 days to play around on it as a civilian...
Finding good officers is not as easy as you may think either...

Don't expect me to be back soon either...
Double harddrive failure on my end. Now I have to spend god knows how long making setups, finding skins, finding all my high-res stuff...

Well, A reformat fixed this one but I am hoping the freezer will allow me to use my other one to get a somewhat recent copy of my LFS off of it.
That is why I have not been on for the last few days.
Want to mess with me? Go for it.. See what happens.. Just don't complain about what happens.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

skstibi wrote:You have cops, people complain... No cops, people complain...
Quit complaining about yer PC ! At least yours isnt' burning holes in your desk.

Wanna buy a setup :-) ................19K :)))
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

hehe my PC runs at 63 if i push it :D, need a new CPU cooler anyway.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

The highest temp i have every seen my CPU is 47 degrees lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Danielw597
Saving for GTR
Saving for GTR
Location: Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Galaxy, Univerce

Post by Danielw597 »

:P

Well yeah, any chance of getting put back in the Officer group for mabye a few days or a week, and ask the admins, officers and people who play on the server what they think?

I now know ;)

From what people told me and on TS, they likes and enjoyed me being an officer but yeah .. if i become one i'll know next time :)
Thanks
Daniel
ptzs wrote:Eagle should tow for free in Aston, he causes 99% of accidents there
CLC - Is a lot like Coronation Street, same ammount of drama.. Just a little more interactive.