nathanrussell
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: Nathrussell
LFS Name: nathanrussell

Different lol good idea lot of work

Post by nathanrussell »

I was thinking about the cars u get IRL

the XFG is 1.3 0% restriction but if u made it say 20% restriction it would be different all round therefore making it cheaper then the normal XFG if you follow?

I think it would be good for the game instead of every 1 driving the same speed in the same cars lol

Tell me what u think :wink:
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Re: Different lol good idea lot of work

Post by Bobomoomin »

So are you suggesting being able to buy cars with restrictions for a new price as there like a whole new car?

I think the answer I'm about to give will be the same as eveyone elses. This is a good idea and I do like it, but at the moment it's not possible to code/scirpt for an individual user and car, maybe someday in the future though.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

I actually sent this idea to Krammeh on the opening of LTC nearly 12 months ago. It is fully possible to detect restrictions and disallow inncorectly specc'ed out cars.

Code: Select all

byte	H_Mass;		// added mass (kg)
	byte	H_TRes;		// intake restriction
However, I don't yet know how to read those packets, but I am aproaching slowly this possiblity in the future and I am still really keen to add things like !buy upgrades for cars. Actually I kmow, but am yet to experiment with it.

My initial concern was new begginers to LFS and cruise wouldn't know how to restrict a car so there would be all these newbies getting owned trying to steal upgraded cars and spamming the chat as current car stealers do now, and I pictured the old players having to constantly explain the way to restrict the cars and make them legal to use in CLC causing more confusion and annoyance for them. But I actually have figured out how to avoid this problem so I am still keen to do this. Same as I have figured out to cut down on the newbies stealing 10 cars without having to kick them or be flooded with the *NEW GUY tried to steal xxx car* So hopefully eventually no one will need to type "USE UF1 in this server" and it's a simple fix really.
So all is left is for me to implement. And once I understand how to do it, its not much more work. I just feel bad I don't know InSim better or this C# language. I have the ability to do these things analytically, just my tools are a bit low quality so to speak.

So Nathan its not just a +1 from me. This is already an =1 if that makes sense.

See, this is why wreckers get on my goat. Dealing with these wastes development time and now there is a new breed of "wreckers" about to emerge that I have to write some fixes for. I've got like 10 pages of really cool stuff to add, like a ton of stuff really and the wreckers and idiots just hold things back an slow progress.
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

I really like the idea to have intake restriction. Would be quite cool I think. However, it will be a big mess to teach how to apply intake restriction to your car :/
JasonJ wrote: See, this is why wreckers get on my goat. Dealing with these wastes development time and now there is a new breed of "wreckers" about to emerge that I have to write some fixes for. I've got like 10 pages of really cool stuff to add, like a ton of stuff really and the wreckers and idiots just hold things back an slow progress.
Then don't bother about all this wrecking/refunding things. Let the other admins do it.
You have enough work coding. You're not the only admin on CLC ;)
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Oreo
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by Oreo »

I don't dislike the idea, but having experienced restricted driving, let me tell you, it's boring. I mean, you're in that super fast looking car, with roll bars and even fake wood inside, but you can't get a 0-100 faster than 10 seconds. How awful is that? :wink:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

//moved to correct forum

Yes I was thinking it would be stupid to buy say a XRT and it goes slower than a UF1, but I'm thinking more along the line where you buy a XRT and it goes about the same speed as a maxed out XRG and from there you do the port boring and weight reduction work to get it to full capacity. Not huge restrictions such as FZR with only UF1 powah!

So there would be maybe 3 or 4 classes of each car made by two stages of weight restriction and two stages of intake restriction. 75% and 100% of each item. And possibly other conditions need to be meet to allow upgrades, for example, and this is random from off the top of my head...
:you need to be next to next to a towtruck driver at the garage to get a mechanical upgrade.
Something dynamic for example. If you make some enemies early you might find it hard to get a mechanic to upgrade your car. And then those mechanic/towtrucks might charge a small service fee to, so you can see things might get interesting. And those towtrucks have to pay a fee to renew their licence weekly or something.

But firstly stuff that will offer more things to do and more ingame help will be added first. :wink:
Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

Post by Blackbird »

I like this idea very much.
Too bad that we who are "veterans" in CLC doesn't get so much out of it.. mostly newbies gets all the "fun" out of it ^^
If the idea goes from paper to reality, we have a way to tune vehicles in LFS :P

I think 2-3 classes of each car would be enough, the difference in each class should be clearly noticeble.
One of the biggest challenges will be to find a nice balance in the "tuned" cars vs "untuned" cars.. i think.
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

if this ever came to life, presumably it will be a fair way off yet, the accounts could posibly be reset so everyone has to earn there was up through the classes again, it could be fun :D a challenge :P
[OPC] Miles!
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Wont be needed. That's not fair on thse who have invested time. But the game play will be modified to compensate.
Themee
Officer
Ingame nick: Themee
LFS Name: Themee

Post by Themee »

Ya i like that idea even with me being "new" i already have FXR and things havent been quite as fun because i dont have something to work for.. but this sounds really good :D
Come to the Dark Side!!... We have Milk and Cookies

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.