Got wrong number
Ingame nick: Nathrussell
LFS Name: nathanrussell

Another idea!!

Post by nathanrussell »

JJ u may have already thought of this but here goes anyway lol

Like a parcel delivery quest picking it up from point A dropping it to point B

Bonuses for safe driving and the faster u get it there the more money u make

when u crash the package value decreases if it is possible for you to do that? or excessive speed in lower speed areas

Maybe attract police attention alcholhol dealing drugs etc could be anything lol

Comments are ofc welcome =]

xx

Edit lol timbe jsu said it cant decrease if u crash, so maybe for wrong lane and speeding it could decrease? if possible lol
Dmwright
BANNED

Re: Another idea!!

Post by Dmwright »

Nice idea, I have loads of suggestions just need to get em typed up lol.

This would be good

Matty

xx
Kind Reguards,

[KR] NOFEAR/Dmwright

I own a UF1! :S
RaGe

Post by RaGe »

I like it :shock: more quests the better and it reminds me of GTA for some reason :shock:
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

thats sounds like a great idea, it reminds me of gta aswell lol, pizza deliver boy i think lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
nathanrussell
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by nathanrussell »

lol lol

i was thinkin more along the idea of illegal dealing to give officer/cadets a bit more of fun as it can get boring for them

E.G:

nathanrussell purchased a box of illegal alchohol from fat tony for 3000
Take the box to big bob outside the carpark

something like that?
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

will big bob pay for the illegal alcohol?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
nathanrussell
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by nathanrussell »

yea big bob will give say 30% profit on what u bought it from tony if u see wat i mean?

so you buy cheap and sell it high
MINIz guy
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Andrew
LFS Name: MINIz guy

Post by MINIz guy »

Do you play Test Drive Unlimited by any means?

I really do like your car restriction idea, I would gladly reset my account just to go through that experience.
nathanrussell
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by nathanrussell »

lol no i dont have it but i did have it

they have the package idea on there didnt think of it from there tho lol
SargeBanner
Using !help
Using !help
Ingame nick: SargeBanner.UK
LFS Name: Equinox

Post by SargeBanner »

Jeez can we cut down on the "lol" please ?

lol I really can't read your posts lol, as it makes no lol sense lol (see what I mean ?)

On topic; this is a brilliant idea, but would it be possible to program speed restrictions deducting money & stuff ?

Sarge
nathanrussell
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by nathanrussell »

LOL!! :lol:

Not sure u will have 2 ask JJ or someone about zat 1
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

SargeBanner wrote:Jeez can we cut down on the "lol" please ?

lol I really can't read your posts lol, as it makes no lol sense lol (see what I mean ?)

Sarge

i almost lmao lol
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

SargeBanner wrote:..On topic; this is a brilliant idea, but would it be possible to program speed restrictions deducting money & stuff ?
Sarge
Yes you can detect speed so deductions based on speed is entirely possible. I guess this is a "delicate delivery" quest because the package is fragile or something. The choice of a fast delivery thing as well as a slow delivery thing would be good.

Hmm again, i really dont want to mention too much at this point. But most things in this thread I have already planned out and I have in my head how they will work programatically, I played a hella lot of all the GTA series btw. I must stress that they wont all be single player quests like the coins and will involve 2 or more players, not necesarially co-operatively, but in some cases against each other. Hmm should I mention the GPS device to help you locate waypoints and proportional timers for missions? +extra tips for good times. No I guess I should not. Drugs and dangerous goods are all bad and shouldn't be discussed ^_^ :|

I haven't done any new features lately you might have noticed. But thing is we had some hacking issues that slowed down development and the new server swap meant everything had to be rebuilt from backups and the new server was setup different meaning a few things had to be fixed. I was actually doing some difficult code to keep things alive. Now things are settled now and I have also had a little break. I needed to do some miles in LFS as this is what I enjoy most, I am back towards getting into developing again. Last night I added the conditions levels so that they are visible in replays. Not a big thing, but I had a typo that took me near three hours to find and that sux.

Next to come is some major improvements to pit areas and the way that is executed. Some more help for new players will be added and hopefully an end to brand new players stealing cars constantly because they simply don't understand what's going on. Surprises me really, with the huge number of 'cruise' servers now running, it astounds me that alot of new players join and still don't get the concept. You would thinkthe chances of them learning the ropes on another random cruise server might help things. I guess just alot more S2 players are joining LFS because it is getting more popular and noticed in the public area and partly mainly because CLC is sometimes more than half full in the server list, so this attracts new players as well. So some help for these guys is needed. Sometimes the chat is going so fast and any new player would be lost and miss something vital.

But yeh, most of the stuff in this thread is comming, and of course many other things. LFS will only get better so I can't see the harm in adding more things to do and not letting development of CLC stop.

I should stop ranting and get to work, programs don't write themselves.