Moderator: CLC Crew

Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Full Server - Many AFK ppl

Post by Chris »

Hi,
Cant u do something against these afk ppl? I wanted to connect and saw 32/32, well, i used LFSRemote to check whos online. Then i saw many ppl who had "AFK" in their name, and they didnt have many kms. Cant u change the AFK Kick like when u have 100kms u get kicked after 2 hours, and when u only have e.g. 20kms then u get kicked after 10-20 mins. And that u only get kicked when there are more than 25 ppl on the server. U dont have to get kicked when the server is empty (less than 5 ppl)
Maybe u can do something

Tyvm, Chris
Image Image
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Re: Full Server - Many AFK ppl

Post by Crystal »

Nice idea, I'd support this.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Berni25(GER)
Ingame nick: Berni25(GER)
LFS Name: Berni25

Post by Berni25(GER) »

i also support this!
Many ppl connect to server, jump in car and park it directly in pits.
And most of them are "older" drivers.....

regards

Berni25
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

They found a cure. Just blocking everyone out of the server by putting a password on it. Been there for about 10 minutes now.
Want to mess with me? Go for it.. See what happens.. Just don't complain about what happens.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

i support thye idea of kicking people depending on kms and amount of people online
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
alex_tiger
Ingame nick: prodrive'AlexTiger
LFS Name: alex_tiger

Post by alex_tiger »

i suport the early kick when the server is crowded and that distance should matter. this is good especialy for ppl who do distance quests. every 100 or 200 km u need a break, relaxing time, many hours on the chair driving may cause spine problems :). Anyhow, i suggest that at all times the minimum for the inactivity kick should be at least 20-30mins for lunch breaks and such.

cheers

edt: First post :)) :mrgreen:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

I cant see the kick being less than 20 mins no.

The AFK code is hard coded so adding all these separate rules for number of connections and different timers for different kms is sorta bit difficult to implement. Requires rewriting that code block. It's bad design atm and was quick bandaid for AFK people on request from Timbe. It's not something I can change really fast. But not I'm not saying this wont happen.
Oh, and I have to decide if counting the time should only happen when server is full. Which would mean in a full server the two hour timer only just began when the guy could have been AFK in the empty server already or 4 hours. He's been getting mesages of AFK time left then bang server reaches 25 ppl and he is kicked with no warnings thinking he had more than two hours left.If you know what I mean. :?
skstibi wrote:They found a cure. Just blocking everyone out of the server by putting a password on it. Been there for about 10 minutes now.
Can you elaborate on this. What's going on please? Who's "they" ? the admins or these afk slot stealers?
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

It was pit there as a joke. I guess I should just shut up and walk away instead.
Want to mess with me? Go for it.. See what happens.. Just don't complain about what happens.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Ahh sorry, ok. I just got excited that there was some way of preventing this problem. Dont walk away. We will miss you. :(
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

i think he just means he will walk away from the topic?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Errr yes I thought he was quiting LFS. Thanks for clarifying that. :?
Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

Post by Dark Force »

The AFK timer is 40 min now and i think that is the perfect amount of time JJ :wink:
:lfs:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad i finally got something that most people like. It's hard to please everyone all the time. I really expected 100 people to scream 5 minuts in the pit garage is waaay too short. But no-one said boo about it.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

5 mins in pit garage is good :), but depending on the track, can still go afk for longer than 5 mins behind the pits?
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Keep in mind it is only 5 mins so that cars don't dangerousy sit in a re-spawn area. Even somone afk, in the pit lane, might get nudged into a PIT garage so then they inadvertanlty become a danger. The 5 minutes removes this problem to.

Yes Sean. It's only the actual garage, or any safe to pit area. Out the back is ok, but if you time out, you still loose 600.

Unfortunately because it's still only a simple solution, (it still took hours to implement and code btw, and I had to actually code this thing three times to make it work because of the complex rules involved), this means that if you park inside the unused garages, or pit#0 and pit#17 (where people cannot spawn from) you still only get 5 minutes. At some point in th future when I add more functionality, then maybe those safe garage areas, that are non spawn areas, will be 40 minute places to park. But, this was really just a fix to a badly 'broken' system with the AFK timers.

At least when you look at the server list and see that CLC is half full, at least you can be quite sure that all those players are actually active and playing. In the past a full CLC server might mean half are AFK. so meh, /rant