No
31%

Total votes: 26

zak_mull
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder

Bank robberys

Post by zak_mull »

Coem on you have to admit we ALL do for for the bank all the time, but what would be nice is if peopel who robbed bank have thier OWN delayed time, instead of 35minutes like all others, maybe the person who robbed before has to wait 1hour10 or more? anyone agree?

Daniel[BUM], as i was told did bank 5-8 times yesterday, i robbed it and he rammed me once and followed chase to try and kill me on the motorway. I was VERY annoyed at this. So I think there should be bank 2/3 times most everyday for each person
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

Can we have a 'sort of' option? lol.

I think the best and fairest way to do it would to have like an accumulating time penalty.

Example: (Lets, For Arguements sake say cooldown is 30mins)
You log in, Rob the bank and get away.
You then get a message saying you have to wait 1:30Hours or 1 Robbery to Rob again.
After that 1:30Hours OR the next robbery you go and take it again. This time you get a message saying:
"Wait 2:30Hours OR 2 Robbery's, Whichever comes first"

And so on and so forth..

This way if your the only person on the server who is willing to the rob the bank, then you can, It will just cost you personally a longer cooldown.
On the other hand, If there is a full server, With lots of people robbing then you can still get several robs, but between them there is plenty of chances of other folks getting a chance.

Its Win Win imo. (Obviously times/amounts of robs you gotta wait can be changed..)
Erik
Officer

Post by Erik »

I kinda agree with what Orsenfelt said 8)
Officer Erik
zilhaax
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: z1ilhaax
LFS Name: zilhaax8585

Post by zilhaax »

Lol , I dont agree , If You attack on bank You are risking Your money.
Anyway something is going on on server, and why I cant rob bank 6 or 7 times a day ?? Its Bank Abuse ?? If You dare, try to do the same, all pll can do it.
Scared of that ?? Is some1 is ramming we can use REFUND site for it. Or im wrong ?? That is bank for FOR ROBBERIES.
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

zilhaax wrote:Lol , I dont agree , If You attack on bank You are risking Your money.
Anyway something is going on on server, and why I cant rob bank 6 or 7 times a day ?? Its Bank Abuse ?? If You dare, try to do the same, all pll can do it.
Scared of that ?? Is some1 is ramming we can use REFUND site for it. Or im wrong ?? That is bank for FOR ROBBERIES.

Well, How would you like to be trying to rob the bank and some guy kept camping it and robbing it every single time for 4 hours, don't you think that is a bit greedy and not fair to other players?

P.S: Just driving up and down that bank/lotto straight should be considered camping. It would be like driving around the bank at Fern Bay. I mean.... there are better ways of trying to rob the bank and it gets annoying when one guy drives into the bank when it is still on cooldown and all the cars on the track attract to that one hairpin and sit there trying to rob the bank for 20 minutes.
adisor
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by adisor »

Indeed two sides of the story here.

If you are looking to please the public, than there should be a limit on how many times you can rob the bank. The idea with a greater cooldown time doesnt sound AS bad.

If you are looking into having CLC a little more realistic.. and you cant rob a bank because someone else keeps on robbing it, i must add, you are one bad robber. In real life theres no "limits" on how many times someone can rob a bank.

Plus, it isnt a really HUGE thing, because the bank isnt always open, on FE it happened not that often, and now that there's a new track, more ppl are online, so the bank has been open a little more.

I agree with sks, if a police sees you continuously driving up and down around the bank when the cooldown time is almost over, you should get pulled over.
I not a bank manager, but im guessing in real life when they transfer money and/or make a bank a little more vulnerable for a robbery, they get more police around the bank and do NOT take any chances. That should be around the bank too. If you see Adisor driving around the bank up and down when theres only a min or so till it opens, adisor should be pulled over as a suspect, and made to drive all the way around the track t the police station (or some punishment to keep him away from the bank).

But thats just me..
zilhaax
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by zilhaax »

So maybe, robberies not like from 5k fo 8k, but less between 2k and 4k ??
When police will caught U, U will lose money from robbery x2 ?? and not 5 minutes but 8 ??
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

Atm it is 4 minutes escape times which is WAY TOO SHORT! it will be changed to 5 minutes!
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
Secondaries
First corner-smasher
First corner-smasher

Post by Secondaries »

You also have to think about the Police, who are basically forced to work when someone robs a bank. If there wasn't a mandatory cool down period for all users, then theoretically a full server could just keep robbing the bank one after the other. The police would find that very unappealing, I'm sure.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

It's not working that is the problem. It's hard to catch people when you get broken down and have to hobble back to the pits. If the robberies are going off every 5 minutes then the officers can't do any actual road patrol, making sure the streets are safe and in order etc. A bank does not get robbed time after time every five minutes in real life. As I have said before - this bank is not some Automatic Teller Machine (ATM).

TBH we tried to get the cool down completely random(which would have been very cool) but because of constraints within the CLiS framework, this was not possible. Yes there needs to be a longer cooldown for someone who just robbed, to give everyone a fair go at it. It should be user choice, but we are forced to implement what some would view as an 'unfair' element because people are starting to camp at the bank and rob back to back, time after time, meaning others miss out. But just because we want it, doesnt mean it is going to happen, there are program limitations etc. We shall see what we can do. It's still a work in progress. What ever time limit we use there is always ppl camping at the bank. Drawing attention away from the main role play of the game including policing the streets. It is known that civilians are not to camp at the bank and it still happens - a lot. We implement one solution and another problem with it arises somewhere else.

Remember in the old version? Multiple robberies could be performed simultaneously, meaning that 8 cops had to be online for it to open to protect it, so it opened pretty much NEVER <.< aye? Which of course made alot of people dissapointed.

Now its different. It's open quite a fair bit now. Maybe 40 times a day?, providing there is at least one cop on duty, who can now take on cadets and open it when ever they are on-line. Far more often than it ever was before. Now if you want it open 24/7 ?? No, that is not going to happen. Yes the cooldown is a long time. But you can cruise around in that time. Its not a bank roberry server BTW. The bank is an extra quest, to spice citylife up occasionally.
Last edited by JasonJ on 18 Jul 2007, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.
Vicinity

Post by Vicinity »

I think someone shouldn't be able to camp the bank all day...If Zak robs the bank, he should have a much bigger cooldown but keep the bank cooldown.
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

Here is a bit of an abstract view on it..

Why not, Decide if a person is able to rob the bank based on their current bank account.

Heres the way I am thinking of it, In RL, Bank robbers are fairly desperate people right? Bit low on cash, Drives them to the extremes..

So why not make it so that you can only rob the bank if you have under say.. 15K. I mean if you have GTR class car and more than 15K you have no real need to rob the bank, Other than the chase.

To give the Rich GTR dudes something to do something else could be added, I dunno, Jewlerry theft or something with a small reward/fine but allows for a massivley exciting highspeed chase resulting in alot of wrecked UF1's :D
zilhaax
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by zilhaax »

That will be discrimination, in real life there is no such rule.
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

zilhaax wrote:That will be discrimination, in real life there is no such rule.
Yup. Ritch people still rob banks.
Erik
Officer

Post by Erik »

zilhaax wrote:That will be discrimination, in real life there is no such rule.
How many people rob in real life, compared to CLC? I do agree with you though, people in GTR's should be able to rob the bank. If someone robs the bank all the time, officers can just use more force : head-on ramming, barrier ramming etc :) .
Officer Erik