Moderator: CLC Crew

samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Improvement and/or addon for the lotto

Post by samforey »

Thought of a quick idea that might be good. I reckon once a week there should be a lottery draw, which you can win ALOT more money, but it only happens once a week. I think it should be like the rl lottery where you have to pick numbers to win, but maybe if you have less numbers ( say 3-4 ) to get right to win a nice prize :P .
MINIz guy
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Andrew
LFS Name: MINIz guy

Re: Improvement and/or addon for the lotto

Post by MINIz guy »

So you want another form of the lottery jackpot that occurs more often? There are already enough forms of getting a lottery ticket. Each ticket you get has a chance of getting the jackpot. Depending on how Jason will code this new way (if he agrees to it), you may have the same probability of winning this "lottery draw" as to winning a lottery jackpot.

If you really want money so badly, I'll send you 5k the next time I get on.
Themee
Officer
Ingame nick: Themee
LFS Name: Themee

Post by Themee »

MINIz guy wrote:So you want another form of the lottery jackpot that occurs more often? There are already enough forms of getting a lottery ticket. Each ticket you get has a chance of getting the jackpot. Depending on how Jason will code this new way (if he agrees to it), you may have the same probability of winning this "lottery draw" as to winning a lottery jackpot.

If you really want money so badly, I'll send you 5k the next time I get on.

i dont think he was asking for money.. no reason to be rude :roll:

and ya, i think his idea would be cool.. but maybe not win money, like maybe a gtr class car or maybe even a mrt
Come to the Dark Side!!... We have Milk and Cookies

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
theaidanator
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: ECL >> Aidan
LFS Name: theaidanator

Post by theaidanator »

Tbh, i don't think that you should be able to get a GTR car or a MRT just for taking a ticket, but winning money sounds more reasonable. But over all i think its a good idea.
I don't have a signature, cause i'm awesome like that.
theaidanator
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by theaidanator »

MINIz guy wrote:So you want another form of the lottery jackpot that occurs more often?
Reread it MINIz guy it doesn't say that it would be more often, I think he means that you would be able to get a ticket once a week and put (4) numbers down and if you get em all right you win something bigger than a normal jackpot.

Read properly before you post a nasty, sarcastic and rude message next time. :)
Aidz
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

i think it could be a good idea, and if u had to choose 4 numbers the chances of winning a very low, the chances of winning (if im right) are like 1 in 8999, depending on how many numbers can win. so the chances are that u wouldnt win as much as winning jackpot.
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
MINIz guy
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Andrew
LFS Name: MINIz guy

Post by MINIz guy »

samforey wrote:I reckon once a week there should be a lottery draw, which you can win ALOT more money, but it only happens once a week.
From what I can understand from that, there is a draw once a week. If a draw means that there is a winner, there will be a winner once a week which means it is often?
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber

Post by samforey »

MINIz guy wrote:So you want another form of the lottery jackpot that occurs more often?

No it wouldn't occur more often, like a said once a week. Sorry but i wouldn't have used the word 'more' to replace 1.

MINIz guy wrote: Depending on how Jason will code this new way (if he agrees to it), you may have the same probability of winning this "lottery draw" as to winning a lottery jackpot.
How do you think it would be more probability, for one it happens once a week so there is less chance, and secondly you have to pick 4 numbers which makes it ALOT harder to get a jackpot. (i would think anyway)

I don't want to be picky, but it seems you can't post a positive comment on anything, it always seems sarcastic, or alike.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

how would it be likely that u would win the lotto than the chances of getting a normal jackpot?
how often do people win lotto each week?
with 4 numbers it would be like strike in NZ, witch is 4 numbers on a ticket and the first 4 munbers drawn is 'strike' thats a prize of usually about 100k, but people dont win it for weeks at a time, so only about 20 -35 people win a year
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

What I think is .. if you are new to the server and win 100k through jackpot .. it's not fun cruising anymore.
The better cars you get the more boring it becomes.

The only thing I'd change on the lottery formula is the chance to win it .. it's too high chance to win for my taste.
Yesterday 2 guys went exactly the same time into the cash in and both got lottery lol.
And Nyamo said he won 6 jackpots one day .. I think it should be more like once every week and even that is a bit much.
IRL people get a jackpot not even once in 3 months.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

^^ I agree, imho to many jackpots, less would be nice. About the idea of a really big jackpot: This should be only for

people who want to pay for it, lets say all pay 1000 to join, give their 6 numbers and the one that gets 4 of his

numbers drawn in german lottery ( 6 and one extra are drawn there [may be 3 and the extra is half jackpot then])

is the winner. This would be NO extra work for JJ and people could buy as much tickets as they like. :idea:

5 numbers hit is a bonus of 1000, 5+extra a bonus 5000 and all 6 a bonus of 10000 from each one played that week. 8)

So lets do this once a week, draw is on saturdays at 7.00 pm GMT, one guy (german ? )collects all cash and pays out.

Greets P V L
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber

Post by samforey »

P V L wrote:^^ I agree, imho to many jackpots, less would be nice. About the idea of a really big jackpot: This should be only for

people who want to pay for it, lets say all pay 1000 to join, give their 6 numbers and the one that gets 4 of his

numbers drawn in german lottery ( 6 and one extra are drawn there [may be 3 and the extra is half jackpot then])

is the winner. This would be NO extra work for JJ and people could buy as much tickets as they like. :idea:

5 numbers hit is a bonus of 1000, 5+extra a bonus 5000 and all 6 a bonus of 10000 from each one played that week. 8)

So lets do this once a week, draw is on saturdays at 7.00 pm GMT, one guy (german ? )collects all cash and pays out.

Greets P V L

This is the sort of idea i was on about. Yet i think it should be done by insim. But, maybe somehow it could work with people.
theaidanator
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by theaidanator »

imho, not to contradict anyone, I would givea lower price for the buying of tickets, because when new cruisers join CLC they will not want to chance their precious money in a highly unlikely-to-win lottery draw. Just my opinion.
But P V L i think the winnings idea you have come up with is AWESOME! :D Hope to see this addition on clc :D
Aidz
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

No one will have to buy tickets, same with driftmeter ; some things are for the rich only. :wink:

But all people can take the chance to win a big amount if they like to. 8)

The best on that idea is it will not be more money in CLC than before, just swome pay and some win. :idea:
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

Crystal wrote:What I think is .. if you are new to the server and win 100k through jackpot .. it's not fun cruising anymore.
The better cars you get the more boring it becomes.

The only thing I'd change on the lottery formula is the chance to win it .. it's too high chance to win for my taste.
Yesterday 2 guys went exactly the same time into the cash in and both got lottery lol.
And Nyamo said he won 6 jackpots one day .. I think it should be more like once every week and even that is a bit much.
IRL people get a jackpot not even once in 3 months.

good point, SOME people get jackpots alot in a short time, but thats not the case for others, some people dont get jackpots for months at a time.