Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Incompatibility of patch Y22 and CLiS

Post by Crystal »

Didn't know where to put this really, move it if you feel like.

I've downloaded the test patch Y22 and I think I found some incompatibility with CLiS and that patch.
For one, the gold detector is a bit messed up and the 2nd thing is the on-screen display of kms/cash. I think it's also a bit too narrow. Anyway.. I'll let the screenshot talk.
Can anyone confirm this?
Attachments
y22bug.jpg
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Re: Incompatibility of patch Y22 and CLiS

Post by MaxH »

Confirmed, some bits of CLIS has to be re-coded before the launch of the real patch (Z?), this work has already begun if im correct. However, with some imagination you are able to play with the test patch anyways, just some chars that you're missing and replace with boxes.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

btw, while we're at it, i just saw that Y22 gives a FPS boost, http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44067
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

Yes, this have been the case ever sinse the Y20 patch. The reason this has happened is becuase the charaters are no longer supported. (You'll notice the Upwards arrow to mark a sergeant officer will appear are squares too)

The fix for this will just be to change the characters for both the gold detector and the sergent tags, this probably won't be done until the full patch Z comes out though as CLC doesn't want to have to re code every time there is a new test patch out. Maybe if there as a sutiable character that works in both the standard Y and Y22 though, things may be done.

As far as I can tell the narrow text is just becuase of the new font styling, you'll get used to the narrow text very quickly and this probably won't be changed until the full Z release becuase if the HUD was made wider for the Y22 players, the people on standard Y will have an uber wide cash display to look at.
Crystal
Officer

Post by Crystal »

Don't know if Jason noticed it, but when i do !s, I see grey underscores in front of the values.
Just posting this to make sure, you don't miss this ;)
Attachments
stats.jpg
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

It's been like that ever sinse the distances we're included in !stats screen. It's to help the spacing between all the different values of all the different players. Without this, it would be a lot harder to read the stats screen.
Crystal
Officer

Post by Crystal »

Oh well ok, I just never noticed them.

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Thanks for keeping an eye out. I've just moved this to suggestions/questions.

Here's a preview of the next version:
prev.png
The gold bars broke, because as was said, the characters were removed in Y test patches. I've replaced them where needed.
The WRONG WAY arrows also were removed, I've replaced them with x's.
The drift meter got borked as well :/ had to redo that again, but now the 'needle' is colour dynamic, woooo pretty.
The Sergeants badge will be changed when Z patch is official seeing that the "carrot/badge" was removed also.

The current version of CLiS works in Y22, just some of the chars come out funky. I'm hoping to have something ready to release CLiS-wise just as Z is released. CLC dont officially support LFS test patches, mainly because not everyone uses test patches and we don't want to leave regular LFS users out in the cold. If Y22 didnt work at all, then I'd probably get it working, but at this moment its not a huge fail so I'm just leaving it until the next CLiS version is finished properly.

I test mine in wide screen, so I wasn't aware the kms/cash was so tight there. I'll get something a bit nicer for the 4:3 screen users, so thanks.

Just ignore that center red text, you're not supposed to notice that ok? :roll: hehe

Yeh, and Bobo is correct... The grey lines are padding because you cannot place text exactly where you want on screen and you are limited to how many buttons can be used, which are what's used to create the on screen table. So it's a cheat, (if you will) to make the columns line up with the limitations of inSim buttons. I can't use spaces because it's bitmapped chars and one space is about 3/4 of a whole char. Even the 1's cause grief because they are 2/3's the width of a char so they mess things up as well. I think you would die if knew how long it took just to make that on screen table legible as it is.