Moderator: CLC Crew

shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Re: Can't join CLC

Post by shaken_bacon »

Honestly MR.Eko I really thought I would have a solution for you by now, the only thing I would suggest if possible now, is if you have another pc and or laptop you could borrow (friend, famliy?) then try plugging it in to your internet and try pinging the clc server.

Because if that works then there is something strange going on your pc. you could always reformat your pc, but seems kinda silly and a lot of work for CLC. (Although I have a good feeling this would fix the problem.)

Well first Eko I would try reinstalling LFS from scratch, we could have tried this a while ago I supose, but I really don't see how it could fix it, but it is worth a shot right?

Summary:

Reinstall LFS or maybe just download test patch first on forums (I don't see how this would work but yo unever know, heck maybe just try installing test patch? If test patch fails totally reinstall from scratch)

Try another PC on your connection or better yet try your PC on someone elses connection. (Hard to do, but if you can it would be able to tell you what is the problem internet or PC. Though I would say it sounds like a pc issue.)

Final that should most likely fix the problem, but is a pain the the ARSE. Reformat from scratch, don't know if it is worth losing everything on your pc for CLC, but if you decide to go this route, I have a good feeling it would fix the issue, of course doing the step above first to make sure it is a PC issue would be best in case this was a waste.

If you reformat I reccomend saving important files and such to a disc, pictures, etc. Also maybe some installer files such as a LFS installer, Anti Virus, etc.

Well Eko, you my friend have the strangest issue, I have heard of in a while, maybe some one else has some more ideas, either way good luck. :|
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
MrEko
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by MrEko »

Well yea, I've had a long thought about reformating the PC, and it needs to do. My PC is REALLY messy :)
Great idea btw about trying on another PC, never thought of it :P

I'll get back to ya

EDIT: Meh.. it didnt work on the other PC either :cry: then something is wrong with my internet or router or something?
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

It might be worth trying a test when the insim application isnt running on CLC. At some point the server will be empty and we could try this.

Mr Eko PM send me some GMT times u are available for this this weekend and also PM me your MSN addy so I can add you to find you in those times. If it don't happen this weekend, we can try next week end.
MrEko
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by MrEko »

You got mail JJ :)

And thanks everyone for trying to help me :D
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

MrEko wrote:You got mail JJ :)

Wait I thought you were directly connected are you using a router or modem??? I will tell you right now if you are using a router, I bet you anything that is your issue. If you are using a modem I still have no idea, however if your connected to a router unplug it and try through the modem, it will work I just know it will! :D

If you don't know the difference, a router is something you buy like a dlink, linksys, netgear, etc. A modem comes with your internet automatically, that is what gives you the internet from your ISP. A router is usually used for multiple PC's.

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

MrEko wrote:You got mail JJ :)

Yeh, but you said, I am GMT +1. You should gimme some times you're likely to be on ypur PC. I am visiting MSN and you're never online, and you gotta add me to... Throw me a line here.
MrEko
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by MrEko »

Whopsie.. missread :)
Well im usaly on from around 1PM to 12PM, dunno what that is in AUS tho.. i think AUS is 8h after us, so that 1PM should be around 9PM in AUS, i dont know if that's right.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

All I wanted was a GMT time that you use the server..... :x
It's 9hours here from me to you.... but what you have said is enough now.
rwhitehead
First corner-smasher
First corner-smasher
Ingame nick: ECL>Rikki
LFS Name: rikkiwhitehead

Post by rwhitehead »

reformat wont fix it if another pc didnt work - ill do some research eko adn see if i can find anything - although doesnt look promising - sounds like a unique problem....
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Post by samforey »

Have you asked on lfsforum.net ? There you might get an answer..
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

He can join my test server fine..
dedi LFS port is 63392

He can't join the main CLC server
dedi LFS port is 37705

this is the only difference I can see tha might be the problem.

He has a separate modem & router and he needs the router so others can use his internet at home. SO direct connection to modem is not a solution.

Can anyone help him unblock the required ports on his PC for CLC on port 37705, we are unable to change the CLC port.
MrEko
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by MrEko »

rwhitehead wrote:reformat wont fix it if another pc didnt work - ill do some research eko adn see if i can find anything - although doesnt look promising - sounds like a unique problem....

samforey wrote:Have you asked on lfsforum.net ? There you might get an answer..
I asked there, but i only got 1 answer i think.. And that i tried, and no success as always.. :wink:
JasonJ wrote:He can join my test server fine..
dedi LFS port is 63392

He can't join the main CLC server
dedi LFS port is 37705

this is the only difference I can see tha might be the problem.

He has a separate modem & router and he needs the router so others can use his internet at home. SO direct connection to modem is not a solution.

Can anyone help him unblock the required ports on his PC for CLC on port 37705, we are unable to change the CLC port.
And thanks
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

http://portforward.com/routers.htm

that tells you all you need to know to forward ports on any particular router....
Simply click the name of your router in the list and follow the instructions :)
hope it helps
[OPC] Miles!
MrEko
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by MrEko »

:D Wieee.. I love you all! I can finally join again :D
Can't thank you enough but thanks :mrgreen:
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

Yeah sorry mr.Ecko if you didn't state you were directly connected I could have helped you with this days ago, I knew something wasn't right because it just didn't make sense. At least its working now grats.
Last edited by shaken_bacon on 30 Jun 2008, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.