Suggestion thread.

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

illegal
Officer
Ingame nick: nic illegal
LFS Name: illegal

Post by illegal »

Eimmurb wrote:Main problem i can see... you just disconnect your router and then you time out after a few seconds as apposed to just d/c by pressing exit..

THough if theres a way of telling it would be great, i went through a bad period with my internet and i was losing alot!
Why would one do that? Walking to your router/modem, disconnecting the internet entirely, walking back and reconnecting any applications you might have running besides LFS.

This would only work (read: you'd lose less money) if you land somewhere out of bounds, with the only possibility to "!pitlane" and losing €600. And even then, only if the suggested price for a timeout disconnection is lower than those €600.
That compared to driving to the pits for a 'graceful' disconnection, losing €200.
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀
teamnic | Lastfm | deviantArt

LFS patches | LFS Strobe
Distance records | Lap time records | Teh rig

Annoying you in LFS since February 2003.
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

Imho this fee should be the same as the pitlane fee (which should be lowered to 500 euros i think) otherwise you will get people who will unplug their router instead of doing !pitlane
illegal
Officer
Ingame nick: nic illegal
LFS Name: illegal

Post by illegal »

Exactly.
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀
teamnic | Lastfm | deviantArt

LFS patches | LFS Strobe
Distance records | Lap time records | Teh rig

Annoying you in LFS since February 2003.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Yep, thats what I already have written down in "to-do".
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

U could have a timeout maybe around !pitlane + normal leave (200) and another 100 so around 900 for timeouts :) :)
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

SEAN-NZ wrote:U could have a timeout maybe around !pitlane + normal leave (200) and another 100 so around 900 for timeouts :) :)
Why not 800? 8)
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

then its more than wat it would cost to !pitlane and normal leave combined, so it is not desireable to just pull the plug on ut modem
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

just thought about this some more. the whole idea of timeout fines is to stop people pulling the plug when they are in a chase. well if insim can distinguish which people are being chased and when they escape/get busted (we get the pink messages whenever someone is wanted) then surely the fines can only be enabled during this time. then it could be boosted to €3000+ and eliminate normal timeout fines all together, or drop them to the same price as pitlane/spec (who cares if someone disconnects rather than pitlaning themselves anyway?)

just my opinion again :D

Matt

edit: another advantage of this is no more refund problems when there's a mass d/c
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

Well as far as i know if u rob the bank and then timeout or leave in any way u are atomaticaly busted, but in a normal chase that would be a good idea, but instead of the timeout fine atomaticaly boosted to 3000+, have the timeout/disconnect in anyway fine be depending on the condition u r on. :)
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

matt2000 wrote:just thought about this some more. the whole idea of timeout fines is to stop people pulling the plug when they are in a chase. well if insim can distinguish which people are being chased and when they escape/get busted (we get the pink messages whenever someone is wanted) then surely the fines can only be enabled during this time. then it could be boosted to €3000+ and eliminate normal timeout fines all together, or drop them to the same price as pitlane/spec (who cares if someone disconnects rather than pitlaning themselves anyway?)

just my opinion again :D

Matt

edit: another advantage of this is no more refund problems when there's a mass d/c
--------------
There are other reasons for this fine other than just police chase evasion. It may not make sense but origianlly inSim would count a timeout as 'going to spectate' so thats why it incurred the same fine as going to spectate. Anyway... here are some explainations.

Q: (who cares if someone disconnects rather than pitlaning themselves anyway?)

A: No. We dont want cars dissapearing from track when ever they feel like it for free. Problems with that:

* They can avoid a pitlane charge to change setup/paintjob/skin.
* They can avoid the repair costs if the damage is bad, (like > 150)
* They can get a free telepit when crashed or flipped on roof.
* We have some people crying for 30 minutes about 600 pitcharge at times. I doubt many will choose to pay for a !pitlane or pit costs if there is a free option. We already have people cheating repair costs even though it is very small payment (2-30 euros). This pit cheat is exploitation of the system loopholes and not kindly looked upon, and a big automatic penalty is comming for this btw. So I advise you stop it.

Many people fail to realise that this is supposed to be a CityLife server, with real consequences for bad driving and is supposed to be a challenge. People that have cash, have earned it, and those that are broke are because they cant or WONT drive safely. Im not talking to everyone of course. We have 100's mature of players willing to play by the rules and understand its limitations, and I thank them for that.

Further more, cars disappearing of track is not visually appealing. Driving back to pits, damaged or not is part of the experience of owning a car you are responsible for and must take care of it. To be honest, if I am ever on some other server somewhere, pressing shift-p feels kinda wrong now.

Yes, agreed the timeout problem with large fine is not desired. That is being worked on as we speak and a better solution will come. (probably incurring same penaty as a !pitlane + leave-server cost)

Yes, already the suspects do get a bigger fine if they disconnect or try and run into pits/spectate. Thats a 2000 fine and usually covers most police chase fines which are usually between 200-2000 in most cases which is the reason for the current penalty amount.
--------------

Thanks to everyone for suggestions in this thread so far. Conversation is always a good thing.
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

more cops
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

Maybe not only more, maybe also NEW cops. Who are more online than the OLD ones

I know a lot of people who would like to be a cop
(id like to be cop too :roll: )
Image Image
Danielw597
Saving for GTR
Saving for GTR
Location: Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Galaxy, Univerce

Post by Danielw597 »

Hmm, after a bank rob .. the suspect gets auto taken off suspect list?
ptzs wrote:Eagle should tow for free in Aston, he causes 99% of accidents there
CLC - Is a lot like Coronation Street, same ammount of drama.. Just a little more interactive.
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

yes
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Post by samforey »

I think there should be many more cadets. And say every half hour they are automatically given 300 (idk how much).....The cadet must have a gtr (UFR,XFR,FXR,FXR,XRR)...Or (RB4)....(sorry JJ may take abit of time to program) :P