Suggestion thread.

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

illegal
Officer
Ingame nick: nic illegal
LFS Name: illegal

Post by illegal »

Another suggestion about the gold coins, can we have an option to turn the gold detector off for the coins?
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀
teamnic | Lastfm | deviantArt

LFS patches | LFS Strobe
Distance records | Lap time records | Teh rig

Annoying you in LFS since February 2003.
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

illegal wrote:Another suggestion about the gold coins, can we have an option to turn the gold detector off for the coins?
why you need it to be turned of for coins? the gold bar has differen colour Gold text!
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
illegal
Officer

Post by illegal »

Because when casually driving around you get a lot of status messages about the bar, and some might get distracted watching the gold bar checking to see if it's the big prize or the coins.
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀

LFS patches | LFS Strobe

Sketchyrollin564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Sketchyrollin564 »

Wait it tells you if its the prize or coins?
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

The ▓ ▓ ▓ GOLD ▓ ▓ ▓ word in the radar changes to PINK when its gold bars and stays white when its just Coins.

You can turn off the Cash/CashToday/Km's and GOLD DETECTOR RADAR with the !showcash command. (basically toggle inSim H.U.D.)
Although you can only turn them all off or all back on again.

Team Illegal.... You mentioned that the ability to turn off the GOLD RADAR would be nice so that players aren't distracted to see if it is gold bars or coins all the time. I'm trying to understand what you mean. Am I on the right track? But do you mean make it so the gold detector wont see coins ? But still work for the gold bars?

It would take some time to add that functionality to do that. But are people really getting distracted by glancing up to see if the GOLD word is PINK or WHITE? Personally I can tell from my peripheral vision what colour it is without having to look up, and now it is in the centre of the screen its even less distance to move my eyes. I sorta zone out when its white and it stands out like dogs balls when its PINK. Perhaps it might be more helpful if it said Gold detector activated in pink for gold bars and white for gold coins? How about that? And that's easier to change. The PINK message would stand out more than the white one, although you still have to glance up :roll: . I'll change the colour of the message for next release, it seems logical to have it that way anyway. :idea:
illegal
Officer

Post by illegal »

What I meant was separating the 'coins' quest from the 'bars' quest, so you could basically turn off the coins messages when you're not interested in doing that, but can still see when you're near the big prize. The actual thing I'm bothered about is the flow of "detector activated" messages through the chat, but of course having a different coloured "detector activated" message wouldn't be a bad idea.
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀

LFS patches | LFS Strobe

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

OK then, that is earmarked for the next patch. I cant update the current version on the fly, I have several other incompleted functions inserted already and can't release a fix, so to speak. I have other fixes I am implementing now and all of them will appear in the next version. Don't expect a big update this time. :roll: 8) Infact expect the unexpected.....

I may be able to also add a command that disables the gold detector chat mesages for the veteran players.
Toms06

Post by Toms06 »

Hello,

I have two suggestions.

1) I think it will be good if in a chase, the civilians can escape because for the moment , the civilians cant do anything he will be forcing stopped at one time . A system like the bank robbing will be cool ;)

2) A radar for cadet & officiers. I know the officiers have the speed trap but why not just a radar for cadet especially. The cadet places at .. a place (lol) and he taps a command like !rad and he can see the speed of the people within 100 or 200 meters of him.
illegal
Officer

Post by illegal »

I think the second suggestion is already covered by the Cadet's "!stop" command, which requires the cadet to be watching the traffic of course. But that's not a bad thing in itself, because I see too many officers who park somewhere, put the radar on and just go AFK for an hour...
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀

LFS patches | LFS Strobe

Toms06

Post by Toms06 »

but my radar doesnt fined alone. If someone is speeding , we have to start chase.

The !stop command is too dangerous because it starts chase , its not a good solution to take the speed of the ppl.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

This speedtrap issue is already in discussion between admins. You must have caught our thoughts with ESP.

The whole police chase sytems needs an overhaul. Expect changes soon.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

Wat about a command that shows how many registeres players there are with CLC overall and in a certain barcket for the amount of cash they have or with certain cars for example !registered 10000 for players that have between 10k and 20k or !registered 20000, or !registeres UF1 XRG FZR UFR for the amount of players that have those cars or just !registered for the amount of people that have ever been into a CLC server
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

12,368 Players have accounts on CLC.

About 3,500 of those have no car so are not playing anymore.

Those commands would need to be on a website. If you typed !registered UF1 you would get about 6000 names. Not good for the 'ol' LFS display.

One day they will be. Not sure when, conversion to a database is a big job and there are some major gameplay issues that need to be addressed first, so in time yes you will be able to see who you are beating at CLC.
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

ye, a website would be nice, or another link @ forum for a ranking with cars, cash and so on (km...) for everyone, like a memberlist
would be kewl 8)
Image Image
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

It has been said that the whole police syatem needs an overhaul, right? Well here's my suggestion about how new offcers should be handled...

Any body who wants to become an officer has to be cadet until they meet some minimum requirements (Officers specifications). Then, they can go before a panel of officers and admins, who will decide if they can become officer, or stay cadet, based upon reports filed against the cadet, officers notes, etc. If they are rejected for officer, they can still cadet, but have to wait a length of time (perhaps, a month?) before going before the panel again. It might work, it might not, I dunno...

Another suggestion: cadet-officers (a new name required). A cross between cadets and officers. They only do cadet work (general traffic duties) but can go on without an officer present. They can't do everything officers do, like the bank or speedtraps, but they could help keep the server under control...

Just my ideas, tell me what ya think!