Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Re: Suggestion thread.

Post by Crystal »

I think it's good the way it is. It fits perfectly in the interface. If you put it at the bottom it will block some things.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

@jj - Hey I know I suggested black as text color for the speed limits when you were creating it, but it's actually very hard to see if driving in cockpit view.how about white, or as you were thinking before pink? :thumbup:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Wraak --

I'm not actually sure if you mean it's "hard to see"(illegible) or "doesn't grab your attention". Can you say what you mean exactly.

Can you post a picture to show me how it is very hard to see? I can see mine fine. The background is white so the black text should be visible, even if you have the light colour sky or black car roof behind it. If you mean it doesn't take your attention when the zone changes, then this is supposed to be how it works. If it was bright colours then it would annoy the hell out of us every section of road. Flashing up like a disco ball. I think if I made it pink or whatever, I'd get more people saying it's annoying, maybe? So I can't win. Yes, needs an option to choose the colour. Although that's alot of extra work, so won't be done for a while. If you feel strongly that the colour needs to change, please make a new thread and a poll. If there's enough votes I'll change it for sure.

For me I don't notice it pop-up at all really, (the way it was designed). But if I WANT to see it, I can't see it when I look there. If I don't know the limit where I am - I can type !limit or !location.

I've seen how other servers do their road signs and I find them distracting. It's eiteher too large, or too brightly coloured and makes the view look like rubbish or looks cheap. The less HUD on screen the better I feel.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Zonda --

If the gold was down low, then it would cover up vitals on the dashboard on some players. You must keep in mind that not everyone has the same view as yourself. Some players would find it floating on top of their virtual steering wheel which also would look really bad. The tyre wear/heat view is used by a lot of players to, so sicking it to the left or right isn't really an option. It's not easy so to just make it moveable or user changable by each user. It's possible, but a lot of work. Maybe I can make an option to chose from two spots.....maybe

At some point I want to make the gold detector turn off when you're nowhere near gold and only com one when your near coins/gold bars. I've always thought it doesn't need to be on screen all the time and kinda spoils the view. Maybe it should only pop-up in the middle of the view when your detecting gold. You can turn it off with !coins if you don't want it.

The to-do list is so massive now and I have VERY little spare time to myself ever, unless something is completely broken, needs immediate attention or needs a massive overhaul then it will be a long way off.
Semp
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: Semp
LFS Name: drunk85

Post by Semp »

Idea of creating Careful drivers club (CDC), can join players that drive carefuly, and respect all the rules of server, needed a forum section, where to create events, for example 5 lap cruising every week, best cruiser gets money prize from me?
SEMP is now Image
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

Well in a way I guess you could say we already have this, but instead of having a drivers club, we have our cruising teams.

Click here for team links
Semp
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: Semp
LFS Name: drunk85

Post by Semp »

Yea, but these teams are almost inactive..
SEMP is now Image
Bobomoomin
Officer

Post by Bobomoomin »

Inactive??

I think if you visit more often you'll see that all teams listed there are very active on the CLC server.
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

i have to agree, all those that are in the links page are highly active teams.

Anyhow, if any team would need some help from us to do an event or forum section or whatever it would be, all you need is ask. If its possible we might help you out, as long as its realistic thoughts.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
starter
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: starter
LFS Name: Starter

Post by starter »

I lost bonus (~450km) because i got timeout.

And my suggestion is - restore bonus ( <400 km ) after timeout. Timeout is not player fault then i think its good idea. And i lost 5 hours of driving...
Bobomoomin
Officer

Post by Bobomoomin »

It's not player fault, but not CLC's either.

If we restored distance for over 400kms then people could time out on purpose to save there distance.

When 3 or more connections drop out, then a refund can be done.

Sorry, but this time you had some bad luck.
starter
Official Towtruck

Post by starter »

Is it possible to force timeout? lol i didnt know that...

But still i think thats good idea, because its game - for fun, not for be angry after 5 hours of playing and 50 km behind bonus... its 30 min and losted 13k... ;f
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

but bobo´s right. going for distance means, doing a certain ammount of kms without breaks longer than 1 hour. if they would give refunds on timeouts, everyone could plug out his/her lancable and have a break for more than 1 hour, and that would be kinda unfair to other ppl who are going for distance
Image Image
starter
Official Towtruck

Post by starter »

Then distance restore will be avaliable only in 5 min - after 5 min distance will dont restore.

It dont must be 5 min - it can be 1 min but...

If admins dont accept this suggestion i'll respect that.
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

Guess how many people have come up with that idea already ;)
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"