Parking lot and Hotel.

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

Officer
Ingame nick: The Mad American
LFS Name: Runeman

Parking lot and Hotel.

Post by 4556 »

Well since theres a new time for being afk (20 minutes). Maybe that should be free. And we could have a parking lot, that charges? Sorta like a parking meter. Away from traffic, so nobody gets in an accident.

Also for distance doers how about a hotel? That maybe gives them say 3 hours (Just an example)? For alot of money.

This also takes up spaces in the server, and causes lag - I know that. It's just 20 minutes is kind of thin ? Just a suggestion. :?
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Re: Parking lot and Hotel.

Post by shaken_bacon »

Well I was asking for that the on track limit be extended to 40 minutes. I know several people especially when doing distance take a half and hour break to eat.

hotel, and such seems like a hard feature to code, for not much benefit.
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

remains:
(21:00 hidden) 20:00, 15:00, 10:00, 5:00, 2:00, 1:00, 0:30, 0:15, 0:10, 0:05
(6:00 hidden) 5:00, 2:00, 1:00, 0:30, 0:15, 0:10, 0:05

3 states:
on track, on track in a garage, in spectate

Quite alot going on with AFK and all it's various permutations.

Just spent alot of time spread over about 4 days re-doing this, converting the initial (exploitable) version of the AFK thing from about 4 pages of code to more legible code about 1/2 page. I had to write it twice cause the first attempt four days ago turned into spaghetti. It isn't so easy to just 'add' things.

Anyone yet notice that the garage area is a 5 min autokick? I was expecting complaints about that more than anything.

20 mins on track might be too short, but because I spent time improving the AFK feature it's now more flexible to change the variables. I had to kind of rush this version out before I go away for a week. But I'm not about to add something to allow ppl to stay AFK for long periods and take us back to where we started. The whole problem was we had ppl sitting 3-5 hours AFK clogging up a full server requiring admin intervention and people were complaining on the forum that the server is full and ppl are just idling. I've spent too long on AFK features when when we are desparately in need of things for cruisers to actually do, not more things for ppl that want to do essentially nothing in the server. I might adjust the 20 mins at some point soon to 30 or 40 mins. I just redid this part ONLY because the initial version was coded in a messy way and ppl were apparently abusing the free pitlane by waiting two hours and ppl were sitting in garages causing track spawning problems for a long time.

I still have no idea if this new code was completely bug free yet and I changed to a different version of .NET. So I was more concerned about the server actually not working at all rather than the length of time that AFK limit was set to. I apologise it's so short now, I'll increase it soon, but I just wanted to get something running to test it worked ok because I was in a rush to fix some other existing bugs.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

About 5 minute timer in pits, I think that is great if people complai nabout it, maybe you should change it to 2 minutes ha ha. I hate AFK people in pits, so I love that JJ thanks for all the hard work. So where you going away next week? vacation? Is it a vacation if so can I come? :D
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

yea JJ, really really good work!!! :wink:
Image Image
Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

Post by Blackbird »

As almost everyone else, Jason included, i think that 20 min afk limit on track is too little.
I think it would be more than enough to cut the old afk limit timer to 1h (a cut with 50%).
The smallest time i could think of is 40 min, so i think it should absolutely not be smaller than 40 min.
(Dam it was good times when there was no afk limiter at all :P what i can remember)

Though my opinion doesn't matter anything, so i guess this post was just a waste of my time. :roll:
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

It's at 40mins now.