Construction was fine, but here was my idea.

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Re: Construction was fine, but here was my idea.

Post by Wraak »

CasseBent wrote:Having it done via insim is ok imo, but having some guy park in annoying places and having to pay him to do that is just s***. Pardon my french, but don't we have enough people parking like idiots already? I for one don't like the idea of awarding people that park in annoying ways. You don't go 200 km/h through a toll booth, true enough. But the toll booth operator isn't (always) so stupid that he parks his truck on the road.

If I've missed the point of this thread completely, just tell me, don't rip me a new one.
If this is about me parking at the first barriers - iTHOUGHT that was a toll booth because it USED to be one. PassMe explained that it wasnt, and i went to the other ones. At those toll booths im NOT IN THE WAY AT ALL!! You dont even see me! O_o I mean i wish LFS had a hydraulic gate I could attach to my bumper, but i cant and blocking the road - i found out is bad :P
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Well I personally cant blame you for blocking the road. The cadets used to do it themselves in the old days when a police chase was bad because everyone was broke (no cash) and cops like XMaxX was giving out 8000 fines for a cond 2 chase.

Tolls then were always paid because ppl didnt have money to burn on a police chase fine. They didnt mind a car blocking it. But now ppl drive differently with some different attidudes. I'd like a moving car to stop ppl. I mean I'd stop but some other would jsut crash through it form sillyness or innatention. I'd like to have a moving barrier but we can have that. so, I dunno. Maybe my new idea I just made up wasnt liked?

The virtual rising/dropping toll gate (invisible gate) requires ppl to stop so the fee can be skipped (waivered). If you shoot though it, you pay by insim e-toll. But the worker isnt required to block the road. PPl can stop if they choose. The auto payment takes care of the role play to make ppl stop or choose to drive on through if they can't be bothered with slowing down. I myself would also like to have the choice to stop or drive right through if i dont want to stop to a halt every 2 kms when all tolls are manned.

And anyway this wont be doe via insim for a few months yet.. Theres much more important things to add still.
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

I think you've got a pretty good system in mind there Jason.

I guess that one of the big problems was that people just didn't know if it was a permissable action or not. There are an awful lot of people who have joined in the last year that won't have ever seen a toll booth in action on CLC, hence some confusion. People just didn't know if they should be paying, and what (if any) penalty they faced if they didn't.

The e-toll / stop to interact idea would work quite nicely. Maybe on some tracks you could even have a "maned" and "e-toll" lane?

Also, the person who is maning the Toll booth could perhaps double as Highways Officer (or similar) with responsibility for that section of road (ie they are responsible for TOWs at a set cost). Perhaps in this way it would mitigate the boredom of just sitting there with people screaming past using the e-toll.
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker

Post by Wraak »

JasonJ wrote:Well I personally cant blame you for blocking the road. The cadets used to do it themselves in the old days when a police chase was bad because everyone was broke (no cash) and cops like XMaxX was giving out 8000 fines for a cond 2 chase.

Tolls then were always paid because ppl didnt have money to burn on a police chase fine. They didnt mind a car blocking it. But now ppl drive differently with some different attidudes. I'd like a moving car to stop ppl. I mean i;d stop but some other would jsut crash form sillyness or innatention. I'd like to have a moving barrier but we can have that. so, i dunno. Maybe my new idea I just made up wasnt liked?

The virtual rising/dropping toll gate (invisible gate) requires ppl to stop so the fee can be skipped (waivered). If you shoot though it, you pay by insim e-toll. But the worker isnt required to block the road. PPl can stop if they choose. The auto payment takes care of the role play to make ppl stop or choose to drive on through if they can't be bothered with slowing down. I myself would also like to have the choice to stop or drive right through if i dont want to stop to a halt every 2 kms when all tolls are manned.

And anyway this wont be doe via insim for a few months yet.. Theres much more important things to add still.
Since the track change with the toll in it, i thought up an idea. Since people that are insanely rich just dont seem to care anymore, how about people that have over X amount in wealth have to pay fines in % form instead of a concrete amount.

Say someone with 10,000,000 wealth was busted in a cond 4 police chase. instead of fining that insanely rich person a 2000 fine (a penny to him) how about 5% of his overall wealth? Even if he only has 300 euros on him, how about insim will give him the choice to sell a car (or three) to make up for the money before bankrupting and banning him? Of course, then he could just exploit the 2400 fine of OOBing...
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

so someone has 10,000,000 wealth. Should they really pay 500,000? 1,000,000 (little less than what I am at) has to pay 50,000 Come on... be reasonable. We may have a lot of money but most of us earned it.
Want to mess with me? Go for it.. See what happens.. Just don't complain about what happens.
Fireball
Officer
Ingame nick: Xcite | Fireball
LFS Name: fireb0llch

Post by Fireball »

Bad idea..

Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

yea, unfair for rich ppl
Image Image
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

That is the only thing to do after you have earned enough cash to buy all cars : Spend your money in funny chases 8)

But to get to that point you have to drive a long time and we all did it, was not a gift to us. :wink:
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker

Post by Wraak »

/me tries to multiquote but fails...

It was just an idea because it bothers me when rich people seem to think they can do w/e the frick they want because they have cash. The attitude you 4 just showed is exactly why i posted the idea.

I just want the tolls to work and JJ pointed out the main problem is people with lots of cash, basically.
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

The issue of what happens when you've got all the cars is always going to be an issue.

In order for CLC to function you must be able to earn money at a greater rate than you can loose it through driving, or we'd all be on 2 day bans and driving a UF1 around an empty server. So once you have achieved all cars CLC is what you make of it... mass cruising, police chases, bank robs, towing others, etc.

To fine in % form presents a couple of problems. It's a heap of hassle to have to go through and figure out the fines unless they are fully automatic. But if fully auto then the fun is taken out of the interaction between players. It's also open for a little bit of abuse if players have multiple accounts (as many do) as they could use one account to hold their money.

You could argue that the fines could be scaled based on the vehicle being driven, but to penalise someone just because they have been a CLC player for a long time is a bit harsh. There are players with loads of money who spend all their time in lower spec cars, assisting the newer members and trying to drive as consideratly as possible (or at least minimise the number of crashes).

If someone is really driving around like an idiot, just because they have loads of money, then they are going to be seen and/or reported and be brought up short by the admins.
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW