Construction was fine, but here was my idea.

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Construction was fine, but here was my idea.

Post by shaken_bacon »

Well I was talking about this a few nights ago on the server. This is similar to the contruction on bridge idea (wait before getting mad at me ha ha). When we had workers on the bridge, that would let one side go then the other I thought that was really cool. In fact I talking about doing something similar the night before they did this on the bridge. (Guess someone happened to have the idea at the same time?)

I however would like to see something similar on track, but in a different location. The mid track toll booth I think would be perfect for this basically my idea is as follows.

For the mid track toll booth I think someone should park in the middle of it and be called (Toll Operator), now there should also be two other cars to park in the gates called "Gate A" and "Gate B" . When someone pulls up to the gate, they should have to type !pay 2. When they pay the toll, the "Gate" reverses (there are spots to do this perfectly already.)

I think this should only be done when an admin is online as well, then they can actually tweak the setup to block in the gate cars so no one parks behind them.

Other then that it would be a lot less dangerous then the bridge idea, and could be a lot of fun to do once in a while.

Plus there is that grass area, so people could sneak around if they wanted to ha ha.

That is the basic idea, what do you think?
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

Re: Construction was fine, but here was my idea.

Post by Dark Force »

who are the toll guys? How long will they be there? How much you want a bet i wont stop?<----i would hehe, just a thought.
:lfs:
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

Dark Force wrote:who are the toll guys? How long will they be there? How much you want a bet i wont stop?<----i would hehe, just a thought.
Whoever wants to be them, and how long they want. I said Admins should kind of keep an out eye for trouble, and maybe slightly modify layout when we would be doing this, other then that there are no limits. Heck I would most likely pay the Gate keepers my own cash for doing there job ha ha.

SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

sounds like a good idea, would be nice if the insim could put barriora and stuff to stop people instead of having cars, and the barriors will move when someone payed the fee, but i know this cant be done :(:(
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

SEAN-NZ wrote:sounds like a good idea, would be nice if the insim could put barriora and stuff to stop people instead of having cars, and the barriors will move when someone payed the fee, but i know this cant be done :(:(
Yeah that would be cool, but hey if the admins are ok with this idea, at least I can pay people for working for me ha ha. Add a little bit more ways to make money other then to drive.

Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG
Ingame nick: [OPC] Kstorm!
LFS Name: Kstorm43

Post by Kstorm43 »

I love this idea. I'd work one of the toll gates, haha.
OPC

[OPC] Kstorm!
MINIz guy
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Andrew
LFS Name: MINIz guy

Post by MINIz guy »

I remember when I used to do something similar. People drove right through me. For this to happen, have a cop or two watching who doesn't follow the directions, to make sure nothing gets out of hand.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

MINIz guy wrote:I remember when I used to do something similar. People drove right through me. For this to happen, have a cop or two watching who doesn't follow the directions, to make sure nothing gets out of hand.
Yes, this is why I want admins to slightly edit the layout a bit, maybe barriers in the middle or so you have to turn to go into the toll lane. To limit excuses.

:D

SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

wat about if people were able to be paid for doing the job by insim? like the person will be paid as they wait, but if they dont actually move so often then they dont get paid because they would obviously be afk
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
MrEko
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by MrEko »

This is a great idea :)
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

SEAN-NZ wrote:wat about if people were able to be paid for doing the job by insim? like the person will be paid as they wait, but if they dont actually move so often then they dont get paid because they would obviously be afk
I like the idea, but once again I have to say to complicated for something with little benefit. I think JJ would prefer making a new quest that we can use on all tracks, this is why the construction light and this idea, won't be a prority.

Besides I think me paying people would be work just as well. Basically it will be like working for a check instead of direct deposit. Sure it takes a little longer, but in the end you still get your $$$. :lol:

SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

well maybe jj could look at doing it when he has some free time (haha, i dont see this happening)
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

This is one step away from introducing Insim powered traffic lights, lol. Good idea but I think it would cause trouble when speeders are on the server.
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

matt2000 wrote:This is one step away from introducing Insim powered traffic lights, lol. Good idea but I think it would cause trouble when speeders are on the server.
theyre always on the server, sadly =|
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

Me and bacon were being toll booth guys today at the beach toll. People aparantly got mad at me for blocking road because "i want to race" "i want to pb" " i want to practice racing" I DONT UNDERSTAND. its a cruise server. Is it against the rules to be a toller? Theyre saying since im not an admin i cannot do this, which i think is just utter BS. Then they said i pulled out on them, and yet i was sitting there for at least 5 minutes. People drove RIGHT INTO ME with full acceleration. Thats ramming, regardless of whether im blocking the road or not. All i want is for them to slow down, and either pay 5 euros or say "im not paying" and ill move. Theres a 30 mph speed limit there, so they got plenty of time to pay/say if they were going speed limit. But no, they see me and speed up. And i thought people were nice here.

*sigh*