Moderator: CLC Crew

Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG
Ingame nick: [OPC] Kstorm!
LFS Name: Kstorm43

Two ideas.

Post by Kstorm43 »

These may have been thought of before, and they might not even be possible but here we go.

Since I know some people don't like the new short AFK timer, how about a parking meter of some sort? Like 500 for every hour or something? People could just type !meter 1 (as an example) for one hour or !meter 2 for two hours, etc.

Another thing I was thinking of came from the one lane construction areas, a traffic signal. This was the one I was questioning if it would be possible or not. I was thinking have something pop up like the !race lights when you get near the bridge (or wherever the light would be at) and have it change about every 30 seconds.

Well, leave your feedback. :)
OPC

[OPC] Kstorm!
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Re: Two ideas.

Post by shaken_bacon »

The suggestion under yours about parking meters is almost identical to the one directly below this thread. 4556 suggested a hotel. I don't think JJ would want to waste his time coding a hotel or in this case a parking meter when so many other things could be done.

Also note the AFK times have been extended to 40 minutes on track, which I believe is plenty of time.

As for your second suggestion, I think this is a nice idea, but im not sure how much work this would be to implement. Once again a really complex idea to code (or it sounds like it would be to me.) for little gain.
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

Post by Blackbird »

I'm +1 for the parking meter thingy..
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Kstorm43 »

shaken_bacon wrote:The suggestion under yours about parking meters is almost identical to the one directly below this thread. 4556 suggested a hotel. I don't think JJ would want to waste his time coding a hotel or in this case a parking meter when so many other things could be done.

Also note the AFK times have been extended to 40 minutes on track, which I believe is plenty of time.

As for your second suggestion, I think this is a nice idea, but im not sure how much work this would be to implement. Once again a really complex idea to code (or it sounds like it would be to me.) for little gain.
Oh didn't even see that thread, lol.

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea how coding works so I was never really sure how complicated it would be.
OPC

[OPC] Kstorm!
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

could u elaborate on the second idea Kstorm?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Kstorm43 »

SEAN-NZ wrote:could u elaborate on the second idea Kstorm?
Well using the one lane construction zones as an example.. When you get close to where it becomes a one lane area, have some lights pop up similar to the ones that you see if you've ever used the !race command. About every 30 seconds or so have it change like a normal traffic signal. I know a lot of people would still ignore it but I think it would help with people getting stuck in the middle of the road when they're not paying attention to see if other cars are coming.
OPC

[OPC] Kstorm!
MINIz guy
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Andrew
LFS Name: MINIz guy

Post by MINIz guy »

I've seen that traffic signal idea put to use in a construction site just 2 weeks ago! It was put to use in Hong Kong, and I believe it was a great measure, afterall, driving in Asia isn't very orderly.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Kstorm43 wrote:
SEAN-NZ wrote:could u elaborate on the second idea Kstorm?
Well using the one lane construction zones as an example.. When you get close to where it becomes a one lane area, have some lights pop up similar to the ones that you see if you've ever used the !race command. About every 30 seconds or so have it change like a normal traffic signal. I know a lot of people would still ignore it but I think it would help with people getting stuck in the middle of the road when they're not paying attention to see if other cars are coming.
I pictured it this way as well, but who would it work? This would be so complicate it my brain, can not process how JJ could code this.

I mean would it be a timer? That would be the easiest way to code it, and actually would fairly effective. Like you said that what if someone was stuck in the middle? What if you just reached the end of the light and your in a slow car such as UF1 with a damaged clutch? Maybe people will wait for you but then miss there light.

Plus JJ would have to code it to activate two different set of lights from X meters from that location. that sounds really complicated also, I believe if you have !showcash as off, lights would not display. I mean what if your someone like me who likes to keep cash a mystery or others who turn it off due to slow connections.

Maybe JJ could explain why this would or wouldn't work. I may not be able to code much, but I know how it works, this idea seems very complicated to me and that is doing it on the easy way. (Then again JJ has proved me wrong before :lol: )

I think it is most likely possible but is it worth JJ coding for 3 weeks straight for something that we will use very little or even care that much about? When if he codes for 3 weeks straight maybe he could have added more quests, or other crazy ideas. :D
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

It's not as hard as you might think.

Two areas (like speed traps) that have a similar name to link them together they swap "status" GREEN/RED and when a car enters that area the appropriate colour is displayed depending on car direction. When the timer restarts it's cycles, simply swap the status and the new colour is send to clients in that zone.

Like lolly-pop men at each end of a construction area. They alternate their status and the cars at that spot travelling in that direction get that REG/GREEN info.

The only things:

It's alot of work, but all things are anyway. BUT to make the extra work worthwile, there would be the need to enforce it, otherwise ppl would just barge through it and traffic wouldn't be "controlled" any different to how it is now making the work worthless. So fines either would have to be given if you run a red light, or if Police were around, they would be given red light breaker notices or some sort of penalty needs to happen. Red light cameras sounds like the most realistic solution.

Right now theres only the bridge2 on FE4 that needs this, (personally I hate that construction because it gives me bad FPS and you can't go fast there), but I imagine any good system could be lent to being used in other sections and traffic signals could be used everywhere there is some intersection.

Firstly I'm going to put in speed zones info so newbies understand the speed zones so I'll be doing that first. I wanted later to add some traffic light info for leaving pits exit lane so maybe when I get around to this I can instead make a more flexible version so that construction zones could have movable traffic controller signals and intersections could have working lights. Why do just construction zones when the principle could be made to work for intersections, construction zones and also black spots like the pit exit.

weeeeeeeeeeeeee wants quests first.
Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Kstorm43 »

JasonJ wrote:Like lolly-pop men at each end of a construction area. They alternate their status and the cars at that spot travelling in that direction get that REG/GREEN info.
That's exactly what gave me the idea, I was sitting at a construction zone when I thought "Hey, CLC should have this!" (I know, I get very bored sometimes.) :lol:
OPC

[OPC] Kstorm!
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

sounds like a great idea :) :)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD