Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Quest idea...

Post by Miles »

ok so we have the 500km bonus....
how about an even bigger bonus if you have driven 500km in all cars....
simple but makes people drive different cars... meh your choice :)
[OPC] Miles!
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Re: Quest idea...

Post by passme[bum] »

this is a quest expansion we want to get something new and fresh up so probably if implimented prolly wouldnt be that soon
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

When I crunched the numbers, the 500kms in a GTR (travelling as fast as possible) came out the same as the slower cars (UF1, XRG, XFG) travelling as fast as possible. The GTR's go twice as quick so funnily enough, even with a small bonus, they still yield the same over a long amount of time (that time is about 5 hours for 500kms in a UF1).

We didnt want the GTR's to get higher rewards for bonuses, because we wanted to encourage the use of the normal road cars. They already earn heaps more cash because they can go much faster so most people stopped using the normal road cars. They are faster to drive so not many were using road cars. They are easier to outrun police in sometimes so not many were using the road cars.

The way it is now, you can drive for 5 hours flat out in a XFG and earn about the same amount of cash as driving a GTR at top speed for 5 hours. If anything, the bonuses should be less for GTR's. :idea: Because ther's no incentive to drive the road cars. The bonuses are setup in a table in the source code, so it's no trouble to adjust them.
The bonuses are too high really, I need to recalculate some new values for this system.

edit: Ahh, now i re-read your idea. I thought you meant higher bonuses for GTR's is required. Sorry for confusion.... you mean if you drive EACH car the 500kms? I like the idea. I think bobo is nodding his head now. I'll have to reorganise some of data storage method. Like stats for each car. It might be nice to reduce all the bonuses and award the bigger bonuses for people that have done it in all cars as you say.
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

yea, the second part is what i meant, i thaught it was an alright idea so posted it to see what people thaught :)
[OPC] Miles!
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

I for one like the idea. In fact I would like to see a storage system in place for many types of rewards. Such as maybe if you collect 200 coins in total, drive 10,000 km's, etc. I would even like a personal stat record for things like coins, added to the km and cash total.
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.