Average Speed Quests?

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

DanDectis
Ingame nick: DanDectis
LFS Name: DanDectis

Average Speed Quests?

Post by DanDectis »

I had this idea the other night and brought it up on the server...

Right now we have all of the distance bonuses, but what if there were extra bonuses if you complete the distance bonus with a certain average speed that would be car specific.

It would require a little bit of testing to see just how fast the cars can cover the KMs but I feel as though it would be feasable. However, there would need to be some other timer other than the lap timer. Perhaps when you left the pits you could get a time stamp from the server? Or maybe there could be a command like !avg that would time stamp and start your average speed?

There could even be different levels IE - 50KM in UF1 > 50km/hr = 500 > 60km/hr = 600 or something to that effect. I feel like if this were added it could create new ways to make money in a fun way. Especially if the average speed was displayed on screen so you could constantly see how much harder you need to push to get to your goal.

Anyway I thought that could be fun
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Re: Average Speed Quests?

Post by JasonJ »

Average speed from a time stamp when left the garage and isn't too difficult to do. Maybe it should influence the distance bonus amount in some way. Sounds interesting.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

just thought of something similar, but different, wat if there was an entirely seperate quest that u could do, and u have to keep to an average speed for a certain amount of kms, and the better u do, the more u get?, but u might have to turn this on, and it could then turn distance off, so that ur not earning twice as much :)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Yeh, okay. I might be able to work that into a quest I got lined up for later.
DanDectis
Ingame nick: DanDectis
LFS Name: DanDectis

Post by DanDectis »

That's an interesting idea Sean. It would be cool if they were split up into two different quests or as I said initially.

The way i feel about this idea is that it shouldn't be too hard to implement, and it could make the game more fun
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

DanDectis wrote:That's an interesting idea Sean. It would be cool if they were split up into two different quests or as I said initially.

The way i feel about this idea is that it shouldn't be too hard to implement, and it could make the game more fun
It'll also make it more safe with an incentive to go the speed limit.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

i didnt actually thinnk of that Wraak, its a good point :), also makes it easier to pass people, nit so eratic trying to control there cars :)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Wraak wrote:
DanDectis wrote:That's an interesting idea Sean. It would be cool if they were split up into two different quests or as I said initially.

It'll also make it more safe with an incentive to go the speed limit.
I have most likely driven 30% of my total km's going the speed limit, so this would be a great additional for me. (Even though I already own the cars.) Still would be great fun.
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Now you're talking about speedlimits, which can be totally different to the average speed. Also the average speed for one track at the correct speed limit is different to another track.

The speed limit varies but an avergae speed is overall. This is a totally different thing now. So this is two different goals really.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

JasonJ wrote:Now you're talking about speedlimits, which can be totally different to the average speed. Also the average speed for one track at the correct speed limit is different to another track.

The speed limit varies but an avergae speed is overall. This is a totally different thing now. So this is two different goals really.
Yes, I was thinking more of a average speed based off driving the speed limits. (Not that I made the suggestion)

8)
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

JasonJ wrote:Now you're talking about speedlimits, which can be totally different to the average speed. Also the average speed for one track at the correct speed limit is different to another track.

Would it be possible to do it by speed limits without weeks and weeks of coding?

even then, people would abuse it and go down the 80 mph straight back and forth....
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Without weeks of coding - No

But I just did it yes.