Moderator: CLC Crew

Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

HandMade Construction Layout

Post by Wraak »

~THIS IS WRAAK(MIJNWRAAK) NOT THESTIG~ I havent gotten reg-email yet.

Earlier in the day I asked MaxH if i made a layout, if it would be put into server. He said he didnt know, but might as well try, basically.

So here is my go at it. I put the construction zone in the problematic high speed chicane after the bank. It will fit one GTR and no more. There is a 'safe zone' in middle of it near the white barriers, and there are service exits on both ends to get to part where you cant get to normally, in case of Gold or such

Here are some pics.

currently resizing, ill edit with pics.

Ill send the LYT file to admins only, unless i decide to make it public for some reason.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Re: HandMade Construction Layout

Post by shaken_bacon »

Well I like the idea only if people would run this construction zone. (This would need to be slighty tweaked to fit cars to block and reverse safely.)

If no one would be running this construction zone, it would be much worse then the bridge, there are corners, I don't believe you could even see cars from there. (Besides the mini map.)

So I like it if people would run it and it was tweaked, if we can't get people to run it, I do not like it.

Simple as that ha ha.

8)
Last edited by shaken_bacon on 17 Jul 2008, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker

Post by Wraak »

what do you mean 'run it'?
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

TheStig wrote:what do you mean 'run it'?
Like work as construction workers, turning a sign or in this case blocking both sides, one car moves out of the way lets one lane go, blocks the road, etc.

I think without doing that this looks way to dangerous, worse then bridge.
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

quite nice actually. however, it needs some warning signs 200-250 meters away so speeding people have a chance to make a safe slowdown.

wraak: ive sent out a reminder now to your account. Also check your spambox. Please refrain from using others accounts as thats not goot out of security reasons aswell as make things weird for readers. And ofc, people should never lend out their accounts.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Simplly placing one direction trap strategically at each end of this section might self regulate traffic not giving way to those already travelling in the 'construction' section. So then you wouldn't need ppl to regulate traffic. Might need some refinement and testing to make it work, but I have a hunch it might work well.
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker

Post by Wraak »

@max, This is my account, but before I renamed myself to something less common :P. Still havent recieved the email in box or spam, and i manually resent too =[

oh also, I put signs up pretty far away too, after testing realizing that once i saw any signs and taking the time it takes to realize i should slow down, it was too late. Ill update it some more, though

What object do you suggest that i use that people usually know that it means "slow down"? Orange pole, arrow sign, red pole, red cone?

WRAAK
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker

Post by Wraak »

Still no email. This is WRAAK

I updated the enterance from the Bank. Two options - barriers or small red cones. Some pics

I prefer the cones as they are a lot more forgiving than the notorious barriers. Plus they look prettier ^-^
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

I dunno if you realize, but our default layout only has about 15-20 tops max spare.
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker

Post by Wraak »

JasonJ wrote:I dunno if you realize, but our default layout only has about 15-20 tops max spare.
I didnt get rid of any objects besides the barriers Max used to put up the new construction zone

ill upload the LYT file so you can check :S

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0r0cmw
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

Wraak wrote:I didnt get rid of any objects besides the barriers Max used to put up the new construction zone
(...which also is 'cheated' a bit to get some more objects. schh, dont tell anyone.)
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

not bad, i like it :):)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

I see that part of "Will fit one GTR and no more". Did you try a FXR with locked front and rear diff.?
Want to mess with me? Go for it.. See what happens.. Just don't complain about what happens.
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker

Post by Wraak »

skstibi wrote:I see that part of "Will fit one GTR and no more". Did you try a FXR with locked front and rear diff.?
ill try it now.

edit: works fine. didnt touch one barrier or anything. I mean that it wont fit 2 cars. Maybe 2 uf1s though. one gtr + uf1 = no. any gtr in there and another car will not fit, is what i was saying.