Total votes: 17

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Re: Speed Limit Signs

Post by JasonJ »

They will stay in the layout so that you know you have a new speed zone coming up ahead because the popup sign only appears as you enter the zone. You need some fore-warning that a new limit is approaching.

And they also serve well when you don't have your hud displayed as Bacon just pointed out.

About the layout and objects : I've been taking out some unnecessary barriers allowing some more objects spare for things in the future like temporary construction zones. I think we got about 20 free objects free with the current layout.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

wat if some were alse on the screen it showed the next speed zone, and how far away it is?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

SEAN-NZ wrote:wat if some were alse on the screen it showed the next speed zone, and how far away it is?
Ok, now this is where I draw a line. I could see this request coming a long time ago so I have already prepared my answer.
  • The amount of coding required to do this is quite large.
  • There aint much room on the screen for more clutter.
  • The and the extra traffic (packet info sent to players) would be a waste, when we need that for other things later.
  • The fact that the sign post is on screen ahead of you (in 3D btw) means that having 2D popups of info of what is happening on your 3D screen seems almost... umm... :mrgreen: Like driving your real car in real life, but instead of looking out the front window, you're using your GPS SatNav and hoping you don't hit someone. I see people using SatNavs irl and it's scarey how much they look at it and rely on it to get around things like a roundabout and how to drive on a straight piece of road.
Hope you see what I mean. - Drive with the 3d view, not the 2D head up display, you can see the next speed zone approaching quite well if you got more than 800x600.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

i totally see wat u mean :)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD