Moderator: CLC Crew

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Re: Wrong Side Drivers

Post by JasonJ »

The longer I think about it the more obvious it seems that careless wrong way drivers causing near misses / accidents (these wrong way fines players) actually wouldn't even notice he/she isn't earning cash for the 5 minutes or what ever.

I think a bigger fine would look too unrealistic. Imagine 800 fine *for going wrong way at high speed would cause too much complaining from noobs. (which are the one's im targeting here) Of course our regulars would probably deal with it better.

So I think earning negative cash for the time penalty might make more impact.

*typo edit
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

Sounds like the logarithmic scale would be a pretty good idea.

We all tend to shave the odd corner and get wrong way fines for getting a bit close to others. But I guess that part of it is that the fines just aren't deterent enough to stop us at the moment.

Edit: The noobs who complain would tend to be in slower cars anyway and not get as big I fine I guess. Or perhaps one to put in the long list of things to do and make the fine based on the class of car and maybe even the difference in classes of car involved in the incident?
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
theaidanator
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: ECL >> Aidan
LFS Name: theaidanator

Post by theaidanator »

Hmmm i like your ideas, although wouldn't it be very hard to program in the autopay for OOBing someone. I mean it would probably take a lot of working out because if someone tapped another person briefly and seconds before they go oob, it could result in an autopay, even though it was not at all their fault. just thinking out loud really.
Aidz :)
I don't have a signature, cause i'm awesome like that.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

If you hit a wrong way section at high speed then tap someone out then there then its a pretty good chance it was your fault.

The system is gathering enough data to make some assumtions.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

wat about the more wealth u have, the higher fine u get for wrong way?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

SEAN-NZ wrote:wat about the more wealth u have, the higher fine u get for wrong way?
I don't see any point in that. If the fine should be depending on the wealth I think it should be exactly the other way (the less wealth).
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Yes cystal, I would agree with your logic in that statement. I was considering maybe cumulative wrong way scoring. But we shall see.
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

The variation of fine with speed seems to be along the right lines I think. It's just that the fine for a player with all the GTRs and the wealth in the world is a drop in the ocean.

Lots of good ideas coming out though... maybe combine them all? :?

Logarithic scaling for speed, a multiplier based on the car class or car class difference and a multiplier for how many times you have incurred a penalty within a certain period? I could see that someone driving like an idiot would soon get brought back into line if they saw each successive fine spiraling upwards. :)
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Post by samforey »

JasonJ wrote:Yes cystal, I would agree with your logic with that statement. I was considering maybe cumulative wrong way scoring. But we shall see.
Now that would be pretty awesome, wrongway fines getting higher and higher the more times you've got caught by a camera.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Anti-bonus - AKA noob bonus

*burns voice*

Eeeexcelent
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Something was reported while I was in a police chase
s0fTwArE wrote: :s0fTwArE fined €480 driving wrong side
logi^JÒ. s0fTwArE : there was no car and i fine 480?? lol...

I was unable to check out his concern while in the chase but after reviewing the replay later, it shows what happened.

There WAS another car actually. He was coming out of the lottery pick up. He happens to be sideways, (doing a J-Turn). The picture here shows the scene and the direction the cars are moving in:
s0fTwArE fined 480.jpg

The wrong side system is not entirely 100% intelligent. You can sometimes do things like near misses and you will still get a fine. It can only make a vague decision if someone is driving dangerously. In the case above the system 'thinks' the following is occuring:
s0fTwArE fined 480 2.jpg

It sees s0fTwArE as on the wrong side and someone coming towards him, simply, that's all it can determine. It doesn't know that the other car in the distance is actually off the main road. It can't determine where grass is and where off roads are. The wrong side "camera" is set up looking at s0fTwArE's car and it sees another car in the distance coming towards him, it is not looking at that that other car to see if it is doing the wrong thing also.

No it's not perfect, but in the old system you got a fine even if there was no danger to others. In this particular case, s0fTwArE was on the incorrect side and there was a car ahead that he might end up potentially smashing into. (It considers anyone on the wrong side as potentially the most likely cause of a crash if one were to occur up ahead) - yes it's simple and rather crude to assume this, but really I can't spend a few months writing an AI algorithm to determine if a crash is going to occur and who would be at fault. But in most cases it will give a valid fine because someone is on the wrong side of the road and this poses a threat to someon else up ahead because they are happily driving around assuming that most other drivers are on the correct side, checking mirrors and looking for cars in areas where they EXPECT cars to be.

The reason it was such a high fine is because about a minute before this s0fTwArE got another wrong side fine for another incident. The system now gives higher fines to people who get another wrong side fine shortly after getting one earlier. Everyone should understand that if you get a wrong side fine and it seems unfair.. you must ask yourself, was I wrong side? If the answer is yes, then yuor going to be held responsible for that.

If s0fTwArE had been watching the minimap, he would have seen the car at the lottery - and with the minimaps' bad detail he could have imagined that the other car might have been on the main road around the bend, so then maybe he wouldn't have cut the corner. But defensive driving is not everyone's instinct.

If someone sees s0fTwArE, can they direct him here. K thnx bai.

PS: please take note of the new ammendments to the wrong side fine system based on complaints from users about some players not staying right...
  • Wrong way fines not sensitive to cars travelling less 20km/h
  • Triggering a wrong way fine create a popup with fine info
  • Triggering a wrong way fine stops your income for a short time depending on your risk to others
  • Triggering a wrong way fine during that time penalty means you are a multiple offender and your fines are doubled
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

That's some neat Photoshop work there JJ, not long before the LFS Devs recruit you as track developer. :wink:
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

matt2000 wrote:That's some neat Photoshop work there JJ, not long before the LFS Devs recruit you as track developer. :wink:
I think he would be more handy as a programmer. :wink:

good explaination JJ, I especially like your new additions to the wrong way system. :D
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

nice Photo shopping, i thought it was an actual track, and i was thinking, wth, i havent seen this track before lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Ok I'll bite.

I didn't use Photshop, but PAINT.NET. It's a free drawing program very similar to photshop except I can't find the distort tool, nor can I figure out how to restore down the individual drawing windows. :x