shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Wrong Side Drivers

Post by shaken_bacon »

edit: SPLIT FROM TOLL BOOTH THREAD //JJ

To get off topic a little bit, JJ I totally know what you mean when people have a different attutude now. Not only when it comes to slowing down or stopping but just general avoidence.

For example as many people know I drive the opposite direction of the track, so my laps do not count. The reasons I drive this way are as follows:

- I don't want laps counted for cruising (km's still count though)
- No one usually drives this direction, so I like to be the one that does.
- Keep cruising interesting for others who don't see other lane traffic, plus keep them on edge.

Now in the old days I would get hit by people cutting corners and such coming into my lane, and as long as they said sorry and I wasn't majorly damaged and or flipped I didn't care. I also did my best to avoid. In the last recent months sure I get people who cut corners, but now even when they come off a corner the ydon't even try to avoid me, they just stay in there racing line, and I always and forced ot go into the grass.

I am SICK of this, why am I the one doing all the avoiding, there is the odd player that will indeed think :"I am in the wrong lane, I ma going to do whatever I cna to avoid that person" Yet as for the others they will hit me head on in wrong lane when they had a chance to avoid, some say sorry some say stop road hogging! This is just getting ridiculous, if you want to hotlap and not avoid players (Even when they are i nthe same lane, some people would just rear end them before going around.) Then take it to a race server.

The major problem is, before this would only happen by the odd person, and I could actually report them. Now a days so many players do it, it isn't worth mine or admins time. I just wish people would have some common courtesy and at least make an attempt to avoid if they are in the wrong. (Heck people even don't avoid on straight aways now if they are in the racing line.)

Now I know this is off topic a bit, but it brings a valid point to why the toll booth just didn't work. If no one wants to slow down or avoid some one when they are in the wrong lane, why would the ydo it for someone when they are in the right lane?
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Re: Construction was fine, but here was my idea.

Post by JasonJ »

If people are hitting you wrong way alot, we have the ability to add more wrong side traps. They work better since I made them even more effective since CLiS 2.6.8j. Before this we could only put a wrong way "camera" about every 300 meters so people could could get wrong side alot and not always get 'seen' by the CLiS. Now we can cover more areas with more cameras closer to gether. So any black spots you have can be now heavily monitored by the system. We got something unique here at CLC and that is wrong way detection. It's under utilised at the moment imo and if you tell me of places that you get wrong way way smashed ALOT then I can add some more "wrong way cameras" to that section. Fern Bay especially is under monitored. KY3 has alot of cameras, but needs some tweaking since I made them better. Aston has quite a few cameras but might need a couple more about the place, but I'm not cruising as much as i'd like to so the black spot areas i'm not that much aware of.

Unfortunately they work sorta like red-light cameras so we can't monitor every single bit of the road all the time - the system would crumble trying to monitor 200 cameras watching 32 ppl simultaneously, which incidently would equate to an extra 20480000 complex trig formula calculations per second. So we have to place them where most needed and they can really only monitor about 5-8 meters of track each. But we do have space for a few more, and many more on FE4. If you have some black spots you want to tell me about in game, then let me know and I can add them.

Getting smashed wrong way really sucks when the person doesn't acknowledge it or say sorry or pay compensation, but at least if they get fined in the process you can have some sort of satisfaction and you can laugh at their bad driving.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Ok a few places, two are close together but at high way one toll.

When driving the rigth direction, that last turn before the high way toll, I get hit a lot there, also have almost been hit into the marshall or have been hit into the marshall there.

Then the spot right after that, after the toll there is a barrier that splits the road, unforunatly, most people decide the barrier doesn't matter on drove on the wrong side of it.

Spot 3, when driving the right direction and you are a long the road that goes past bank and lotto drop off, there is the barrier part with the "shortcut" people tend to cut there a lot.

Spot 4: After the beach toll, there is the 130 kmh high way, now at the end of this highway, people cut the corner constantly.

Spot 5: Right after the bridge, then next two corners get cut quite often.

Now I would also like to see one spot, even though it isn't a high accident zone, it does happen once in a while. People go through the wrong toll at the beach toll, this is really annoying.

There are the zones I get hit, hope it helps. =)
Well I say ChrisP steals Wentz22 spelling skills.

ChrisP says Wentz22 steels signatures.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

We can add for example two cameras at each of these spots. But showing me in game is going to be more effective than writing it as a list in here. Also if its as a list I can see me not getting around to it for some time. It's better to just pull me up and show them to me on the server where i can see your car and direction. Also any admin can add worng side cameras. Well some of them, tater/max are proficient at adding simple ones.

Also we can increase the fines for wrong way if its really getting too ridiculous. These careless people might have so much cash that a ~100 fine isn't worth the worry to them.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

how about some pics? top down veiw, with pointers? :)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

You mean pics of suggestions for camera's or pics of the current ones? Because I'm not making a map of the 20 or so wrong way camera's sorry, but it takes long enough to put them around the place, and some times we are constantly changing them to suit conditions.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Re: Wrong Side Drivers

Post by SEAN-NZ »

just the real problem areas
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

All maps : LINK
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

JasonJ wrote:the system would crumble trying to monitor 200 cameras watching 32 ppl simultaneously, which incidently would equate to an extra 20480000 complex trig formula calculations per second.
/Donates some extra Gigahurtz. :mrgreen:

I'm really interested in how the cameras are 'placed' onto the map. Is there something to physically place on the map, or are there just grid references in code?
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Sorry but we can't reveal that. It's very special and unique to CLC. Any release of how its done will just be taken to another copy-cat server and passed off as their own idea. And I don't have to remind you it took me quite a few months to make them "smart". But please don't take this personally.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

not taken personally :), we dont want the likes of *random server name* or some other cruise server to have ur brillient ideas :)
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

We still have Monk to thank for that idea really. :P
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

we dont wont to get ideas from clc then lol

JasonJ edit: You mean this I think..
we dont want them to get ideas from clc then lol

//JJ
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Re: -NGT-vinz93 - causes oob>:[

Post by JasonJ »

I think maybe we need to make the wrong way fines increase logarithmically because we still got people driving with no regard for others.

That is, the faster your going the much more the fine increases. Which I hate because in real life you dont get such a thing, 'cept maybe a red light camera BUT the wrong side fine is not a red light camera. We don't have (and never will have) 100 cops to be police and chase down every person who goes wrong side so some automated thing is really required because in LFS there is NO CONSEQUENCE of bad driving style. No life in danger etc.

Maybe I can make it so when you go wrong side dangerosuly endangering peeps you stop earning cash for some time as well as the fine. :wink: I just need to think of a witty message to say why you're not earning for while. Maybe you hit a frog or some wildlife ? any ideas. The amount of time might depend on how fast you're going. So if your just doing a u-turn or looking for gold, you only get a small penalty and its like 5-10 minutes if your doing 200MPH at some oncoming traffic.

But it of course only does this when you are in danger of hitting someone, not just going wrong side anytime when no-one is coming your way.

I can probably do this for the next release, which is in the next 24 hours. I already got the cash rate changing for police who speed illegally so adding this isn't much different.

I'm at the point where I can make the system keep track of wreckers and make them autopay for OOB'ing ppl. But it's quite obvious that people want more quests so god knows what I should do first. Time isn't my friend lately.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver

Post by SEAN-NZ »

the autopay for OOBing people sounds cool