Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Objects on cars

Post by matt2000 »

I may have mentioned this before, I can't remember.

I was thinking it would be great for the server if objects could be placed on cars with specific skins. For example, cadets and officers would get the front and rear bars you see on US/Aus police cars, and a light box on the roof (meybe even a couple of extra aerials on the roof). This would not only make the police cars look more real, but it would help protect the front of police cars from damage.

The way it might work would be using an external program that monitors the car skin, and changed the car model accordingly. When the skin 'FERNBAY POLICE' is selected, the model in the LFS folder is changed to the model with the objects. When the skin is changed back to a civvy skin, the model is changed back to the original version.

After looking around my LFS folder and the net, I can see that editing the model files is difficult at best, and is really a developer job, so does anyone know if one of the LFS devs could be sweettalked into producing something like this exclusively for CLC? I know they are always busy preparing patches and testing new features, but now cruise servers have been acknowledged as existing instead of being ignored, maybe they might be able to help us out. I can't imagine a huge amount of modelling would be involved.

For this to work on the server, I imagine the server would have to be running the software, as from what I've heard the model will still look the same to everyone else without this.

Let me know your opinions, short of "this is rubbish, shut up". It's an idea for the future whatever happens. :D
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Re: Objects on cars

Post by Chris »

i like the idea, but i dont think that the devs wanna do that, well, LFS is a racing game...
Image Image
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

i dont think this will happen as the devs from what ive read hate the non racing/cruising scene
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
matt2000
Official Towtruck

Post by matt2000 »

I see. Not sure why they hate it because they created the tools to make cruising servers. oh well.
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

passme[bum] wrote:i dont think this will happen as the devs from what ive read hate the non racing/cruising scene
Not 100% sure on that one .. Scawen thinks about creating a real football for soccer servers :lol:
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

If you want to request anything. You have to dress it up like its for racing purposes. The cruise filter is to remove cruise servers, not to help them get popular. Think like a racer and u will get what u want/need from them.

EG: A car with lights that flash properly on it's roof.. A safety car that can be controlled by one player and can put lights on any car so any race combo can have the safety car

EG: Open area tracks. So admins can make any config they want making more combos available.
matt2000
Official Towtruck

Post by matt2000 »

JasonJ wrote:If you want to request anything. You have to dress it up like its for racing purposes. The cruise filter is to remove cruise servers, not to help them get popular. Think like a racer and u will get what u want/need from them.

EG: A car with lights that flash properly on it's roof.. A safety car that can be controlled by one player and can put lights on any car so any race combo can have the safety car

EG: Open area tracks. So admins can make any config they want making more combos available.
Good thinking JJ. :D

Maybe I'll post it on the official forums and dress it up as a safety car/marshall tow truck thing (tow trucks have metal bars front and back too) :wink:
Wraak
Towtrucker
Towtrucker
Ingame nick: Wraak
LFS Name: Wraak

Post by Wraak »

matt2000 wrote:
JasonJ wrote:If you want to request anything. You have to dress it up like its for racing purposes. The cruise filter is to remove cruise servers, not to help them get popular. Think like a racer and u will get what u want/need from them.

Good thinking JJ. :D

Maybe I'll post it on the official forums and dress it up as a safety car/marshall tow truck thing (tow trucks have metal bars front and back too) :wink:
Im sure its already been suggested 10 times by other members.

Also, open area tracks are not possible until s3 :D - or ever =[
matt2000
Official Towtruck

Post by matt2000 »

Wraak wrote: Im sure its already been suggested 10 times by other members.
Apparently not. I posted a thread about it, neatly slipping in a suggestion to skin the light as .dds (so we can change them to blue and red :wink: )

Also suggested the nudge bars, so we'll see how that goes. I really like the thought of CLC rozzers flying around with flashing light and big Crown Vic bars on the front and back. :D

Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

the lights would be good but the pre-gard is too much
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

lights would be awesome lol :)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Kstorm43
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG
Ingame nick: [OPC] Kstorm!
LFS Name: Kstorm43

Post by Kstorm43 »

OPC

[OPC] Kstorm!
Chris
Official Towtruck

Post by Chris »

nice, would be awesome on clc, im looking around on his page, very nice: http://www.chudy2001.yoyo.pl/
Image Image
Chris
Official Towtruck

Post by Chris »

CAUTION!!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY FILES FROM THIS PAGE!!! THEY ARE VIRUSES!!!
Image Image
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

wat is that site?
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD