blast from the past.

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

Dark Force
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: Trueno
LFS Name: Dark Force

blast from the past.

Post by Dark Force »

Hello CLC. I'm alive and well and quite happy to see the same regarding most of you. I would like to catch up and hear how the community is doing.
:lfs:
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Re: blast from the past.

Post by Chesta »

Holy Moley! Herrrrro Thar :afro:
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
cherryflip
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: cherryflip
LFS Name: cherryflip

Post by cherryflip »

Hi

All is dead. Nobody driving anymore.
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

Holy.. :O
Frozen
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: Frozen
LFS Name: Chriship

Post by Frozen »

cherryflip wrote:Hi

All is dead. Nobody driving anymore.
I wouldnt call it Dead since the server is still running... Just inactive people or lack of interest in CLC.

Probably this needs a reflexion, its not them who have to come, its us who have to call their attention.

Since some servers still have 32 and 47 slots full, the problem is on our side.
[CLC] Hoster
cherryflip
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: cherryflip
LFS Name: cherryflip

Post by cherryflip »

Ofcourse. The server is still running and I am still driving. But, the amount of people that still use the server regularly can be counted on 1 hand, and alot of times we don't drive at the same time.

The problem I think lies on both sides. After all, we cannot call people to come in and play. They just don't want to come in anymore.
But I can tell you that we are not the only ones. LTC also has a dramatic drop in visitors. Not as deadly as CLC, but still dramatic.

One of the problems is LFS itself. Like brandus once said, we bought the game as it is and we should be happy with what we got, as we do not pay a monthly fee to keep things running we can't expect to get new things, apart from a few updates. It's just like a game you bought in a store. He is right. However the devs themselves promised things to us. That is why many people get frustrated, because we all expect some things to finally happen, and it never does.

These frustrations cause many people to quit. Those that choose to keep driving and make things fun with the people they know need a place where they can actually have this fun, which brings us to another problem.

This problem is obvious. Insim. Even the core group that played and made the server enjoyable have stayed for longer than any of the other people, trying to work around the crashing insim, and they all have gone insane and don't want to play. As there is no replacement for CLC, most have almost quit LFS and only derp around in some servers where they know insim works.

As for new people that come in, there is nobody there to explain how the server works, so they leave. When I am there and I explain, they see all the things they have to do just to get 1 car (all the money, all the points, all the upgrades) and they don't see the point in doing all this when there are only 2 people driving. So, they leave.

We need "old" players to get new players in and keep them interested, and we need insim and more players to get the old players interested again.

So yeah, calling the server dead is a little extreme as it clearly is still running, but from the community point of view, it is dead.

Also I was bored, so I thought why not type some stuff.
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

So I'm guessing the insim is still kinda unstable? I'll be honest.. if the insim was stable, I'll put in every free hour I have. I miss being part of an online community.
Frozen
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by Frozen »

Bobomoomin wrote:So I'm guessing the insim is still kinda unstable? I'll be honest.. if the insim was stable, I'll put in every free hour I have. I miss being part of an online community.
The insim has ups and downs. So far its been 5 days long without a crash. Even so, our cruiser PVL is still able to make 1.800km distance bonus.

Even if the insim crashes while you are on bonus, a reconnect restores it so that wont be a problem. Just give it a try, would be stupid to miss something that you still have. Try, you can always leave.

Regards,
[CLC] Hoster
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

Hello all, back again after more than 3 years. CLC popped in to my head today along with LFS generally, and I decided to see if the server was still as good as it used to be. I'm glad it's still around and is how it used to be: I still can't find the gold because it's OOB, I can't find where to take my lottery ticket and PVL is still permanently AFK. :)

Don't know if I'll have much time to play but I'd like to do something, apparently my account was lost at some point so I'm having to start from scratch.
Frozen
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by Frozen »

Hello,

Welcome back, well thing is that all accounts were resetted when clis 2.0 insim version entered our community.

Its always fun to search arround the map to find unknown locations. The lotto pickup is near the parking zone in the turn, search there. The lotto drop is in the middle of the oval, search in that zone.

Happy to see old cruisers joining back, feel free to ask more questions.

Welcome again,

Regards!
[CLC] Hoster
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

Somebody changed the track to Aston and did NOT switch the insim... so nothing is working,

no locations, no gold can be brought to police and even the places to leave are hard to find. :?
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

Yeah it's kind of broken, but I could still cruise around tonight earning cash and the pit just happens to be in the middle of the road so no problem finding it. :P

Do you still run a Fern Bay layout? That has to be my favourite track still. It'll take me a while to get used to these open layouts too, I stopped playing while we were still confined to track layouts.
Frozen
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by Frozen »

Insim sorted.

Locations and features active again.

Current track running; KY3Y

Enjoy!
[CLC] Hoster
Branduslex
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: BraXhn
LFS Name: Branduslex

Post by Branduslex »

cherryflip wrote: One of the problems is LFS itself. Like brandus once said, we bought the game as it is and we should be happy with what we got, as we do not pay a monthly fee to keep things running we can't expect to get new things, apart from a few updates. It's just like a game you bought in a store. He is right. However the devs themselves promised things to us. That is why many people get frustrated, because we all expect some things to finally happen, and it never does.
Damn, I didn't think anyone where listening when I said that! :P
Nice to see you all or well, nice to see you guys are still able to write! :)

I hope to be able to pop in some day,
See you in the horizon! <3
Please, visit Fuzzle.org to listen in on our Web-radio!

And as usual,
Enjoy the ride!