About the current map (AS7)

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

Which map do you like most: AS North (AS7), or AS Grand Prix (AS5)?

Aston North
14%
Aston Grand Prix
35%
I don't care...just shut up and cruise :)
51%

Total votes: 37

Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

About the current map (AS7)

Post by Blackbird »

I just want to see which map you people like most: Aston North (AS7) which is the current map, or: Aston Grand Prix (AS5, the long version of AS).

Personally I like the Grand Prix version of Aston much more than the North version.
I think AS North is way too small, and it's a very bad map to do distance on. It have only 1 straight, and then only corners corners corners..
I get "sick" of the map when ive only drove 50 km with XRG on it. Driving 500 km on AS North would be torture. Compared to Grand Prix where 200 km with XRG is almost nothing. I would like to know if anyone have ever drove 500 km on AS North..

I would also want to suggest that you remove the barriers (in both North and Grand Prix) which blocks the way to the "wall thingy" at the sand, close where you get the free ticket.
Because it makes the map a bit more boring when you can't drive up there while in a chase for example.
I think there was even a official CLC movie where the suspect drove up there and flipped when he came back down, which was the best "scene" on the whole movie. So I really don't understand why block the access to that place, it adds a bit more action for chases.

Hehe, the reason that i wrote this topic is that i have lots of free time from this week and forward.. so i got a bit frustrated when i saw that you have changed the map to the worst one of them all (my opinion).
Antec 1200 | Corsair HX850 | Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 mhz CL7 | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w+Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite colorimeter | Coolermaster Sentinel | Logitech G15 | Logitech G25 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
SargeBanner
Using !help
Using !help
Ingame nick: SargeBanner.UK
LFS Name: Equinox

Re: About the current map (AS7)

Post by SargeBanner »

Another vote for GP here ! :)

I feel the same as BB here, too many corners on North, and it is quite small :S

Sarge
illegal
Officer
Ingame nick: nic illegal
LFS Name: illegal

Post by illegal »

Many corners and only one straight are the positive points of this track, not the negative. Either way, all of the tracks have their charm, just go with what's on at that moment.

Edited in accordance with updated poll.
Last edited by illegal on 26 May 2008, 18:03, edited 2 times in total.
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀
teamnic | Lastfm | deviantArt

LFS patches | LFS Strobe
Distance records | Lap time records | Teh rig

Annoying you in LFS since February 2003.
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

I personally think that GP is the perfect cruising track (after KY3) because of that beautiful long sweeping straight towards the curve at the end, and then a flat out charge for the pit straight and the speed gun. :D Such a nice track to drive. The chicane on AS7 is too fiddly and tight.
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

omg, why can people just live with a map for a few weeks...just cos a selection of people don like it anlot more people do like it...i dont think im the only one getting anoyed with people constanly complainging about what track the server is on.
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

where is option "both is just fine, lets just shut up and drive!"
i aint editing this poll like i did once :)
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
Sicarius
Discovering bank
Discovering bank

Post by Sicarius »

I'll edit it then :)
Absinthe, my favorite drink, "After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, which is the most horrible thing in the world." - Oscar Wilde
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

and take out all the previous votes :| that is the reason why i didnt do it...
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Where is option - leave AS7R for 12 months?

No, it's not there cause it wont be up for long. So when blackwood is done, will this cause grief for the few days it might be up? At least it will change in a few days time unlike some other servers. :roll:

And for what it's worth, I like AS5R best because it is the longest. But even that only being used all the time gets old after a while. It's nice to have some variety, even AS1 crossed my mind last night when I was practicing. Like vigourous police chases from hell with fast paced piano background music.
SargeBanner
Using !help
Using !help
Ingame nick: SargeBanner.UK
LFS Name: Equinox

Post by SargeBanner »

I dont care anymore :)

Wheres MaxH when you need him ? WE NEED ROADWORKS :twisted:

I'm gonna try a blast at an SO layout, wish me luck. I'll need it :wink:

Sarge

EDIT: Did you just say we have a Blackwood layout ?!!?
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

As far as I know, layouts exist for everything except for the other kyoto tracks that are currently not in track cycle.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

I personally love as7r, I know its short I know its slow but it's such a nice track to cruise on.

It really dissapoints me that people are demanding it to be changed after just a few hours of it being online.

What about the people that don't like AS5 but have to live cruising on that for 2 - 3 weeks at a time and then when there track finally has its turn its only up for 2 days.. :(

What are peoples problems with AS7R?
Pugsly
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder

Post by Pugsly »

There are tracks that people like. There are tracks that some dont... CLC cannot please everybody so just leave the track for a week then let it change like always :)
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

Part of the charm of CLC is that the track does rotate on a regular basis. Okay some tracks are not to some peoples liking ( probably because they don't suit the particular car that they always drive), but a new track will be along before long anyway so what's the problem.

Personally I think that it's a brilliant track and layout. The elevation changes and mix of fast and slow corners is great. Sure it takes a few laps until you are comfortable with it but that's half the fun. Quit moaning, drive it and you may come to like it. :)
beefyman666
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: beefyman666
LFS Name: beefyman666

Post by beefyman666 »

After seeing Sarge make a little funny skin regarding AS7, I had to go one better.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/ ... S7love.jpg

Enjoy! :lol: