CLC Aston 8 hour Endurance Challenge!

Events related threads, both in-game and forum events.

Moderator: CLC Crew

doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

Got a question concerning the number of drivers in a team: Say a team is not able to recruit 5 drivers, only has 3 or 4, would it still be allowed to take part? 1-man-teams wouldn't really make sense - hardly anyone is able to drive 8 hours without a single break. But I'd rather have a team with 3 or 4 drivers I know and trust, rather than being forced to add someone I haven't seen driving before just to have a full team.
Razvan-R
Officer

Post by Razvan-R »

THe rules state clearly u need to have 5 drivers in a team... im sorry, thats how it is, im sure if you guys tried hard enough you would be able to find 5 'trusted' people

Most of you are expecting teams to just pop up, but none of you actually take the initiative to start a team, and recruit 4 other members.

If you cant achieve this small task, well maybe you shouldnt participate in the challenge.
doc_gooney
Sergeant

Post by doc_gooney »

It was only a question, Raz... stay cool.
mr_x
Ingame nick: Chris E
LFS Name: mr_x

Post by mr_x »

Another problem is, surely it can get a bit boring with 4 cars on the track at once?

And I'm sure someone is crazy enough to do a 1 man run, surely? Why not let them, and keep their weights/passengers the same as everyone else, I can't see any harm in it?
Orsenfelt
Using !help
Using !help

Post by Orsenfelt »

mr_x wrote:Another problem is, surely it can get a bit boring with 4 cars on the track at once?

And I'm sure someone is crazy enough to do a 1 man run, surely? Why not let them, and keep their weights/passengers the same as everyone else, I can't see any harm in it?
I already asked to do a one man run and I was denied. Then Raz deleted my post! :twisted:

(Actually, He did ask me first, Verily Nicily infact-ily..)
Razvan-R
Officer

Post by Razvan-R »

Ok tonight (sorry for being late) i will close downthis topic... and give each team a participation number.... since there are only 3 teams... i am seriously considering allowing teams with less people but same restrictions. Stay tuned.
mr_x

Post by mr_x »

sorry guys, gonna have to drop out of it. I have far too much going on in my life with some big personal problems, and I don't need the thought of competition on my mind too.

I'll still come to the server, but once every few days for an hour until i've sorted myself out.
Razvan-R
Officer

Post by Razvan-R »

Unfortunatley due to some technical difficulties... software wise.. we will be postponing the race/challenge... to next week 11th of august.

now team numbers for current teams:

01 - Team BUM

02 - Team CLC Admins

03 - Team Xcite

04 - Team Duck Tape Cruisers

05 - Team 360(still need their drivers)

06 - Team "Rainbow Butt Monkeys"

thats it for now... people can still sign up with their teams
doc_gooney
Sergeant

Post by doc_gooney »

Raz, can you tell us already the most likely time of day the endu will start? Some time in the morning, afternoon, evening? (GMT) Would be helpful for planning purposes, because not everyone can drive at any time of the day...
Fireball
Officer
Ingame nick: Xcite | Fireball
LFS Name: fireb0llch

Re: CLC Aston 8 hour Endurance Challenge!

Post by Fireball »

Razvan-R wrote: [..]
16:00 - 24:00 GMT
Dont know if its for 11th August. But is it possible to start a little bit earlier?
mr_x

Post by mr_x »

Oh well I definately can't do it next week then. At the first Redbourn music festival seeing Feeder (and alot more bands, but I'm only going for Feeder).
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

Um, i have a problem, i dont think i would even be able to find 4 people that i know and trust for the endurance race, i could probly race for 8 hours straight (depending on the time)on my own, just if i had to go to the lew i could just pull over in a nice spot and run to the toilet. i would stil have the passengers and extra weight, (i would follow every rule except the 5 drivers in the team).
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

SEAN-NZ
Razvan-R wrote:Alright... in this case you have until friday(thats the deadline) to create teams... minimum of 3 drivers.... max of 5 drivers.... rules will be altered slightly.... so stay tuned....
LINK
This info might change, or might be out of date. Have a good read.
Razvan-R
Officer

Post by Razvan-R »

Guys i am extremly sorry, for missing out on the event(if it happened) all this week i didnt not have internet acces due to some upgrades... so i had no way of getting in touch with you.... if the event was not held... we will set a date (later tonight) when it will surely happen... once again im REAL SORRY.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Hey if it was out of your control its ok. too bad you had no internet access hopefully the event will be able to still be held. I look foward to it. 8)