Moderator: CLC Crew

Frenchy0204
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: Moo.Frenchy
LFS Name: Nathan_French_14

Alarm System??

Post by Frenchy0204 »

Sorry if this has been suggested before.

Ive been thinking of an idea, and i would like your opinions on it. As you know, with this "!steal" feature, we can no longer park up anywhere we like for over a minute without being robbed. I know i have said i dont like this feature (contradicting myself i know, seing as i steal too) but i just though this might be a good idea, as its annoying when you have to pull over to answer the door, or the phone. You then come back, and you've been robbed. So, these are my ideas.

1. An alarm system. You pay X (1000 maybe?) to get an alarm system fitted to your car. This will last the entire time you are on the server, or for 24H from time of purchase incase you timeout alot. If someone attempted to rob you, it would display a message like "Moo.Frenchy got caught trying to steal from X!" or something of that nature.

2. A temporary shield. This can be done on the move, much like the !pay xxx command. Basically, this is like the above, but more temporary. Lets say someone rings the door, and you dont have time to make it to the police station.
You then type !buy 1 ta. So it would be like this !buy 1 (minute of) temporary alarm. I think it could charge you on a second basis, and the minimum you can buy is 1 minute. It will charge you 1€ for every second, so 1 minute would cost you 60€ etc.etc. Then maybe the max you could buy could be 10 minutes. IMO, this would be very useful for when someone rings the door, or you quickly have to do something and dont have time to get to the police station.

So! Any C&C?
Download my new SO fencing textures!
http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/viewt ... f=4&t=1502
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Re: Alarm System??

Post by Crystal »

I like the 2nd idea. :thumbup:
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

i like both, alot, however, one the frst one, when they get cought and it says "tryed to steal" etc, it should maybe charge them someting if they hang around the area for too long, like irl the cops would come.
just my 2 pence
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Blackbird
Officer
Ingame nick: Blackbird
LFS Name: BlackbirdCaD

Post by Blackbird »

I like the 1st idea more than the 2nd.. the 1st idea is simple and also more realistic than idea #2

And i don't think they would code a such thingy which you can buy without being in the shop..

So i vote for your 1st idea :P
/me likes it.
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

I only really like the 2nd idea, the 1st idea would see a lot of people going afk on track all the time and not just for a few minutes. If the 1st one was added to the system I can tell you now it would be very expencive, the 2nd one would be cheap though.
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

Bobomoomin wrote:I only really like the 2nd idea, the 1st idea would see a lot of people going afk on track all the time and not just for a few minutes. If the 1st one was added to the system I can tell you now it would be very expencive, the 2nd one would be cheap though.
Also, I think in order not to defeat the purpose of the AFK timer + steal (reduce amount of AFK people on track in dangerous spots) the alarm thing should also have a max time amount of 30 minutes then.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Frenchy0204
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by Frenchy0204 »

Thanks for comments guys. Looking at it again, i also think the 2nd idea would be best, to stop people pulling over in dangerous spots like blind corners.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

fun police :frown:

1. portable phone
2. get your woman to open the door :mrgreen:
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

JasonJ wrote: 2. get your woman to open the door :mrgreen:
:sadwalk: :whip:
Image Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

ok, what I am trying to say is... obviously not that ^^. If we add various ways to stop getting robbbed and to protect yourself then no-one will get robbed, so the whole feature would die. :doctor:
Bobomoomin
Officer

Post by Bobomoomin »

3. Just get robbed?
Frenchy0204
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by Frenchy0204 »

:roll:
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

run back in time to catch the theif ;)
[OPC] Miles!
Bobomoomin
Officer

Post by Bobomoomin »

jto93
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Jonatan NOR
LFS Name: jto93

Post by jto93 »

what about the 1.st idea, but with an pretty high price?

like that u need to pay 60k (or more) or something? then its a luxury addon for the car 8)
and when someones tries to steal from them, the alarm sets off, like ALARM >>> GO AWAY <> BU BU BU BU <<< or something like that, and dont forget, there is a chance that there's an experienced thief, so i think that it should be possible to steal, like your not completely safe when you use the alarm.
Its just me