Moderator: CLC Crew

mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Re: Live for Speed - News!

Post by mjh93sa »

doc_gooney wrote:I'd like to think that these guys do take other jobs, besides developing LFS ... To put it in a nutshell: They're not working full time on LFS, that's why the dev-cycles are so long. Perfectly okay for me, as long as they let people know about it. Which they don't.
Exactly, even a couple of words every couple of months that could have been....
December - VWS to be released
December - VWS delayed. Beta testing has highlighted some physics problems that we are investigating.
Feb - Working on the physics issues. We know where the problem is we now need to figure out how to fix it.
April - Looks like some major bits of physics code need to be changed. Studying options and analysing mathematics.
June - Have had to start again with some of the physics code. Too early to see if this fixes the problems. Have also started work on a new track!
August - Physics code is coming together and we can see that it will work and be an improvement. Lots of coding and testing to do. Also means that the VWS electronic aids will need recoding.
September - Physics, still in progress. New track is starting to take shape - sneak previews!
October - Physics and track progressing. Working on concepts for the new car to be released with S3.
Need not give away any real details, just give some idea that they haven't finished with LFS and moved onto other things. They owe us nothing, we got what we paid for, but in the spirit of community that is LFS it would be nice.
doc_gooney wrote:
mjh93sa wrote:Once they have done one track with the laser scanning etc and perfected the technique it opens the possibility of what they might then be able to do if other tracks would let them licence the circuit.
Thing is though, to optimize tracks from the raw laser scan is probably extremely time-consuming. Shouldn't be much quicker than designing a fantasy track from scratch where they already can optimize it for LFS during the modeling phase, not afterwards.
Yup, but done once they have the knowledge of the pitfalls should they do it again. Therefore the likelihood of more real tracks has just increased, or gone completely out of the window if it was too much hassle.
doc_gooney wrote:
mjh93sa wrote:Wonder what the new car will be? The cynic in me thinks it'll probably be a hotted up Scirroco
I expect another lame formula car. I'd love to see a Merc Racing Truck ;)
Some sort of oval car (NASCAR / Champcar / Indycar) for the Rockingham oval? :yucky: I hope not. Needs something like a 135i coupe or M3, or a 330d Touring. :yummy: Unless they have another manufacturer wanting a special then it'll either be a fantasy car to avoid licencing issues, or just might by something like a GTR version of the Scirroco if they managed to get that in the contract with VW.
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

Just noticed as well that the last two news items were on the 21st of the month.

It'll be interesting to see if any more news comes out on the 21st of October. Perhaps they have been listening. :shock:
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

They started that laser scanning well into last year. No wonder we haven't seen a patch for awhile, there's a lot going on we don't even know about. :shock:

Probably most have seen these posts below, but it is some of the most important things I have seen for a while. Their business model and licensing system has re-invented itself to keep with the times.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php? ... ost1268109
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php? ... ost1268688
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php? ... ost1268882

Just it might save you reading through 800 odd posts to get to the juicy stuf.
Actually I have this as a favourite : http://www.lfsforum.net/search.php?do=finduser&u=43
doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

mjh93sa wrote:Some sort of oval car (NASCAR / Champcar / Indycar) for the Rockingham oval?
Naw, I was more thinking along the lines of this: :w00t2:

Screen from Mercedes Benz Truck Racing. Great game actually, unfortunately it never quite got the attention it woulda deserved.
Imagine a five ton truck with 1300hp and more torque than an average aircraft carrier (but limited to 100mph). Gawd, I'd like to drive one of these monsters.
240Racing
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [CLC] Mats
LFS Name: 240Racing

Post by 240Racing »

Is that the FZR???:P
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Another new test patch has been released - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=61994

They've added things like :
  1. - toggle headlights/rearlights
    - new dash symbols
    - better multi-monitor support, up to 11 screens at 360 degrees FOV
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

AWSOME!, im ill and all today, but im gunna try that today :D
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

oh hell yes better multiscreen suport and lights FTW.
[OPC] Miles!
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

doc_gooney wrote:
mjh93sa wrote:Some sort of oval car (NASCAR / Champcar / Indycar) for the Rockingham oval?
Naw, I was more thinking along the lines of this: :w00t2:

Screen from Mercedes Benz Truck Racing. Great game actually, unfortunately it never quite got the attention it woulda deserved.
Imagine a five ton truck with 1300hp and more torque than an average aircraft carrier (but limited to 100mph). Gawd, I'd like to drive one of these monsters.
I just downloaded, not yet tested, "Truck Racing by Renault". from the looks of it, it seems quite nice. Swedish link here (translated here)for screens and trailer and download.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
Aerodynamik
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: <Aero
LFS Name: Aerodynamik

Post by Aerodynamik »

Trucks? WTHROFLLMAOWTF?! :really:

No, I wan't some fun, tunable cars like Skylines, M3's, NSX etc!
Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

i do think truch racing would be awome, i have suggested it along with many thousand others on da forums
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
DarkKostas
Officer
Ingame nick: [OPC] DK!
LFS Name: darkkostas

Post by DarkKostas »

Truck racing sounds crazy. But it would be perfect racing on Oval Tracks with these trucks. Or have this truck like tow vehicle on CLC xD