Moderator: CLC Crew

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Re: Suggestion thread.

Post by JasonJ »

Oh I hadn't noticed. It wil be fixed in next release.
Celica NOR
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: Alek
LFS Name: TheCelicaGt4CS

Post by Celica NOR »

Hey.

Been visited some other cruise servers. I saw that they had a speed limit, and beside it, it showed how much speed u had. I took a screenshot of it. Maybe we can have that on CLC? :D

Sorry for my bad english.

From Celica NOR

Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

That is part of the open source cruise mod that most servers who can't program there own insim now have.

Thankyou for the suggestion but in future please don't suggest ideas taken directly from another server, if there is something you like from someone elses server, think of a new way CLC can put there own spin on it and then suggest it :)
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

I considered some onscreen display for speed a while ago, but you don't have this in real life. Same reason the road signs and speed limits don't stay up there.

But most importanlty you have a speedometer on your dash so it's redundant. :confused:

Of course, a real, in-car GPS does this, but if we were to incorporate something like that, the whole display would be done, like Distance to waypoint, Speed/average speed, current speed limit, current street name, all things like that in one area.
rikkiwhitehead
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [OPC] Rikki!
LFS Name: rikkiwhitehead

Post by rikkiwhitehead »

JasonJ wrote: Of course, a real, in-car GPS does this, but if we were to incorporate something like that, the whole display would be done, like Distance to waypoint, Speed/average speed, current speed limit, current street name, all things like that in one area.
<3 <3 <3
Regards,
Rikki

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
beefyman666
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: beefyman666
LFS Name: beefyman666

Post by beefyman666 »

I don't fancy trawling through 20 odd pages so I hope this hasn't been suggested yet.

Being from England I like to have my speedo showing MPH, but when i'm on CLC I like to use the KM on the distance thingy (trip meter/odometer?) at the bottom, but as i'm using MPH on the speedo, the speeds on certain parts of roads are still in KM/H. So, would it be possible to have an option to change the road speeds individually from the overall distance?

I'm crap with words, so i've attached a screenshot of what I mean.
Attachments
blahblah.jpg
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Ok, well it is possible. But for so many options the help screens are getting quite long & cluttered To implement the different types is a bit of a pain, it has to be saved as well so a lot more work than people might think. I think, maybe, that could be added once a full GUI menu system is done so it would lend itself to having checkboxes for so many things to configure. This probably wont happen for a while... :|

But I think, what you are trying to achieve is a hint to how long before the next bonus? Or is this a spinnoff from the Gumball 1000kms? Remember you can always type !quests (!q) and it will show you the mile conversions for the next bonus milestone and the ingame km->miles converter is handy for stuff like like this !km 1000 would show you 620 miles I believe. So the answer is, it wont be for a while no.
beefyman666
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket
Ingame nick: beefyman666
LFS Name: beefyman666

Post by beefyman666 »

It's not for the next Gumball no. I just find it hard to adjust to using KM/H on the speedo to keep within the speed limits. As for the distance bonuses, it's easier to say 'i'm nearly at 50km' instead of trying to work out what that would be in miles. I know the first few, it's just the ones after that.

How about in the !q/!quest, show both KM and miles in the 'next distance bonus' line? e.g. Next distance bonus - 50km (31.1miles)

I'm sure that would be easier than adding another on/off option.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

ah, there wasn't enough room for both to be listed in the one line. LFS has a very limited length of chars for each line. It has to have enough for up to 9999.9. The way it displays now is incase someone has to turn off their HUD so it has to show progress so far as well as the goal.

: Distance bonus: XXXX.X/XXXX.Xmi (CAR) €xxxx

Maybe we could have a second line in the !quests command to show the other conversion. Sounds do-able.
cherryflip
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: cherryflip
LFS Name: cherryflip

Post by cherryflip »

ello,

now that we have the new insim and all the cars have different fines and fees i think it would be nice if it could be seen what the fines and fees are for each car. i mean on the site in the "cars" section because i dont think it would fit in the server chat.

so besides that it says costs buy/sell but also pit fee, tow fee and oob fine. maybe a stupid idea but i thought maybe some people would want that, i know i would take a look at it as it will take a while to know all the fines and fees.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Yes a complete list would be good. It's not finalised yet. As a general rule take a mental note of the RED pit fine message when you drive out of the garage onto the pit road. It's usually half of that to call a !pitlane (can be confirmed by calling !pitlane and then cancelling it)

It's usually 1/4 of the RED message to safely pit in a garage, (or half the !pitlane fee) which can be confirmed by entering the garage again and seeing the green message popup.

On duty Police and Towtrucks have reduced fees as their work usually results in their cars getting damaged or being crashed out often.

I hope this info helps a little bit.
DarkKostas
Officer
Ingame nick: [OPC] DK!
LFS Name: darkkostas

Post by DarkKostas »

Today i was playing on a friend's cruise server and i saw that its possible to create a "text input box". It would be nice while a cop bust someone, 2 buttons will be created "Fine" and "Warning"(or just fine, and we can put 0 in it for warning). After pressing "Fine" an input box will pop up saying "Insert the fine for [BustedPlayerNickName]". And if you press the warning button. it will be same with !fine 0. After adding this feature we can get rid of the !fine command.
Attachments
Depositing Money
Depositing Money
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

I wanted much more automation than that, ofc, time is the problem. Gosh, if I could only say what I wanted that screen to do and what is possible. You would laugh at the input box. :ugeek: Yes you are on the right track though.
Kimi_71
Got wrong number
Got wrong number
Ingame nick: [F1C] Kimi
LFS Name: Kimi_71

Post by Kimi_71 »

Hello,

It will be nice to put the night on the server. Indeed, it will be very interesting to drive during the night, so a system like this will be very fun : from 6am to 8pm, it is the day, and to 8pm to 6am, it is the night.
But i don't know if it is possible.

I hope this is possible, and i will drive all the time on the server ^^.

PS : Sorry for my bad english, but i am french, and not good in english :?
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

sorry lfs does not allow night time unfortunately .
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases