Whats wrong?

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

matze54564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Whats wrong?

Post by matze54564 »

- Gold searching: Searching is the worst work in the world. Searching is cause d by disorder. Disorder is a big evil. I hate searching very much.
- Less money for driving fast cars: Driving the slow cars is just a boring thing. Earning Money with the fast cars is impossible. This cause a lot frustration. maybe the Rac should be the car with the biggest distance bonus.
- Wrong Way Traps: The Wrong Way traps are not really a bad idea. But with actual settings drivers will be fined without causing danger.

Thanks for reading.

Jason, keep the good work. Sorry for my different views,
Sorry also for bad english. In a long time ive learned no better english..
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Re: Whats wrong?

Post by JasonJ »

Thanks for posting

Searching:
Should it be removed? I'm not sure what you want here. The coins are put to the side of the track to help stop people wondering/stopping all over the track. No one makes you look for gold or coins. Have you eve used a real life metal detector? It's crappy work. Most of the time I just find cans and bottle tops. :worried:

Cash rate:
If earning money fast with fast cars was easy then eventually everyone would have millions of dollars and no-one would give a hoot what happened when they crashed. And this is the point at the moment. We are trying to make people drive more responsibly, not having soo much cash they drive around like drunk fools. Having less money about in game causes frustration and addiction and fun. You can still earn pretty fast cash with a RAC. I dunno, try driving for an hour with a slow car then drive for an hour with a fast car, they should come out about the same. Providing you don't crash.

Wrong Way fines:
Could you give an example of how you get a wrong way fine that isn't necessary? I'd like to rectify it if it's giving many false fines if possible. Without giving too much information away it should only give a wrong way fine when someone you're travelling the wrong side and someone else is approaching you.
It's not 100% perfect, but I feel it's pretty close to 99%

Keep in mind - a situation as below, there is no collision, but it still is dangerous.
untitled.GIF
untitled.GIF (2.87 KiB) Viewed 10539 times
matze54564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by matze54564 »

Ok, i guess i was not thinking enough about before writing this post, and i guess last year or before 2 years i made a similar thread...
Today after i drove in clc server we was searching easterggs. And it was really a fun. I thought - wth i wrote in clc-forums??.... After the coins was new i used the feature sometimes with fun. Only in the working time while earning real money is searching a really horrible thing. So ill say nothing against the coins anymore.

And my idea for the easy money with a fzr.... Its difficult to make the Money not to worthless. But im thinking about harder fines for crashes and out of bounds like in the first days of clc. A fine for a crash should not be a ban, it should be expensive. 10000 € or 100000 €. This was really good for my adrenaline. When i now drive FZR, i am frustrated that i can earn alot more money with slower cars. The fun which give me the faster car is destroyed by the frustration. This cause that the worth of driving FZR = null. Fun+Frustration=null. Worth of money should not be determined by cars, it should be just determined by higher fines. In real live is a crash also very expensive. Why should cost a crash in clc only 300 €? Thats really not much realistic. Also its unrealistic, that u can earn less money with faster cars. IRL earn the people with faster cars also more money.... :). They earn more money and are able to pay more fines, are able to make more police chases - are able to be a rowdy. And while being streetracer they will be fined by police and traps and admins and will lost theyr money. (good, last thing is not so realistic, because rowdys will IRL lost theyr driving licenses and become in jail. But its a game and not RL and you should be able to make in game things which are impossible IRL because of fun) CLC should not watch other cruising servers and say: "There are so much people why there are so less fines for crashes - sleeping while driving and speeding and something else".

When somebody reported in forums for crashing, he should not get banned when he made this crash because of sleeping while driving, he should get a money fine. A ban is really a bad fine. It cause that players will never come back after unbanned. A ban goes directly against the soul of the player. It hurts more than a account reset. this is maybe the reason why not so much payers are online at time. The autoban schould be disalbled for all the time. Autokick only when server full. Then can everybody understand why autokick enabled - because other players want also cruising....

Normally i never drive in CLC because i was banned. I never will talk any word with proteus in future.
Now almost a year gone. And i thought i can drive in clc by just ignoring proteus. Yes i was really scared about that i got banned.

The wrong way traps:
I was driving in as-historic near by the shop and somebody was parking in shop and caused wrong way fine. The oncoming traffic is to far away. Maybe next time i make a screenshot. In replays u cant see when a wrong way fine happens.
Maybe the distance between the cars in the wrong way trap should be a little bit smaller (1m (no joke), and the wrong way fine should then be a little bit higher (200 € for 1m, 400 € for 0,5m and 5000 € for 0,1m)

Sorry i am not a programmer, i can only write my wishes to programmers. Thats poor, i know.

I have edited this post 201004042133 UTC
Sorry for errors in text
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Wrong way fines:

i agree the insim checks are too dim(dumb) to distinguish whether or not if someone is on the actual road driving towards you or pottering about the track/grass/shops/laybys. Couldn't really deal with that case without adding 1000 more calculations per sec or decrypting the .pth files I put that in the too hard basket(you gotta understand the maths is quite tricky even at this stage) and just took the easy way out considered it dangerous to be driving on the wrong side when other cars are GENERALLY coming at you BECAUSE they would not be expecting a car travelling at high speed in the wrong lane. The speed determines the fine so is proportional to the danger I guess.

Yes it's a long distance between cars when a wrong way fine can be given. Again my inability to decrypt the .pth files means the program keeping watch of cars has got no idea when a car is actually on the the wrong side. Had to set up specific check points, (and not too many because of CPU usage limitiations) so the distance between checks is vast. Because a car can be going at 200kph can travel 100m in 2 secs, If i make the distance shorter (like you suggest 1m) then in 99% of cases, the potential for a collision will never be noticed. This current solution is only a compromise really. I guess if I was getting $150 an hour I would have done it perfect and it could check down to 1m every 10th of a second, (ha - it would have to be 14 meters because insim can only take packets at 1/10th of second, and closing speed of two cars at 250kph is 140 m/s :zombie: ) . But I got a day job so my spare time is not limitless , this is the result that works for the least amount of work :surrender: .

No need to get shots of the experience you encountered. I understand the thing that happened. I can't get insim to account for that situation. Well it's possible, but not enough time at my end to solve that - that and my time management skills are pretty much non-existant.

An easy fix would be to monitor the innocent car on the side of the road's, speed. If it was a small speed then assume it is not racing/driving the road, so then not fine the other car going wrong side. But then it is not known :
: if the other car is just pulling out onto the road slowly
: if you are on a direct path to hit that innocent car
: if you are completely out of control about to smash into that car going very slowly
So I took an easy way and assumed you might hit that car at high speed (or at least scare the life out of him) because your are already on the wrong side. One small positive is the fine won't happen if the car on the side of the road going slow is going away from you.

The system is very primative to be honest. Even then it's very complicated maths.

Post was edited
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

hello but i think your trying to put me in a bad light here ive just reviewed why you were banned and it wasnt for falling asleep it was for Wrecking in the pitlane, main straight and Police Station , and the rules are quite clear on this i have the replay even now and i have reviewed , i do not mind been ignored in general conversation , but if its in my duties as admin that will make any punishment more severe , we might have taken the old bans from public view but they have not been deleted just because of this sort of personal attacks on admins , i was correct to give you a 25 day ban for this .
also in the latest update you dont get kicked for been afk for a certain amount of time till the server gets full , as we as admins always thought this a problem , and its now cured
Regards
Passme
(proteus)
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
matze54564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by matze54564 »

passme[bum] wrote:hello but i think your trying to put me in a bad light here ive just reviewed why you were banned and it wasnt for falling asleep it was for Wrecking in the pitlane, main straight and Police Station , and the rules are quite clear on this i have the replay even now and i have reviewed , i do not mind been ignored in general conversation , but if its in my duties as admin that will make any punishment more severe , we might have taken the old bans from public view but they have not been deleted just because of this sort of personal attacks on admins , i was correct to give you a 25 day ban for this .
also in the latest update you dont get kicked for been afk for a certain amount of time till the server gets full , as we as admins always thought this a problem , and its now cured
Regards
Passme
(proteus)

Sorry, i dont want put you in a bad light. I remember that i made some stupid crashes. But what u have seen was most time really towing.
Without a ban i try to refund people with my own money. But i remember that i refused to refund someone because i thought it was his own intention. But this is not why i am banned..... I didn´t know at this time that the police station was put at another place. Warning before a ban or account reset will be better, this are my thoughts. I have not spoken about what i made before i got banned.
matze54564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by matze54564 »

JasonJ wrote:I guess if I was getting $150 an hour I would have done it perfect and it could check down to 1m every 10th of a second, (ha - it would have to be 14 meters because insim can only take packets at 1/10th of second, and closing speed of two cars at 250kph is 140 m/s :zombie: ) . But I got a day job so my spare time is not limitless , this is the result that works for the least amount of work
Yes, my wishes was a littel bit naive. I have forget that it is impossible to make a crash-detector or a distance-detector with 0,1 m accuracy by 250 kph.

Thanks alot for your good explanation.

But maybe you think about my other thoughts about the worth of the money and higher fines for reckless driving and crashes.

Keep the good work.
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by passme[bum] »

matze54564 wrote:
passme[bum] wrote:hello but i think your trying to put me in a bad light here ive just reviewed why you were banned and it wasnt for falling asleep it was for Wrecking in the pitlane, main straight and Police Station , and the rules are quite clear on this i have the replay even now and i have reviewed , i do not mind been ignored in general conversation , but if its in my duties as admin that will make any punishment more severe , we might have taken the old bans from public view but they have not been deleted just because of this sort of personal attacks on admins , i was correct to give you a 25 day ban for this .
Regards
Passme
(proteus)

Sorry, i dont want put you in a bad light. I remember that i made some stupid crashes. But what u have seen was most time really towing.
Without a ban i try to refund people with my own money. But i remember that i refused to refund someone because i thought it was his own intention. But this is not why i am banned..... I didn´t know at this time that the police station was put at another place. Warning before a ban or account reset will be better, this are my thoughts. I have not spoken about what i made before i got banned.
in this case it was a report , and the severity of the things you did required action you admitted being bored and wanted to oob yourself the mini map quite clearly shows cars stationary at the point you actually hit me obbed other people ,in said report you claimed you did not realise it was the pd (does wrecking cars parked not in pd make this ok ,i think not),there wasnt an admin available to deal with you hence the report as it would seem you left before the reporter came back online , you seemed to think its ok to act this way as long as you refund , this is not the case , its not always about money , this wasnt your first time you had several warnings for other things i remember warning you myself , so dont try to play the victim with the records we have i can prove this
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
matze54564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by matze54564 »

@passme[bum]
Sorry. Yes i remember me that i got bored while driving in CLC.
Sevaral Warnings i have not noticed, im sorry. But i know that i have left the server for some days and after some days i was reading forums and was scared that i am listet in banlist.

I dont want longer play the victim. After thinking about i see that you made it right. After i got bored i made a lot intentional out of bounds flights. This is maybe enough for a ban i dont want longer fight against your decision, i want learn respect your decision. Why i not seen that cars are parking there - i dont remember me. I was also watching the replay last year and it watch really not good for me.

Sorry that i have spoken about it. I want to make peace.

This thread is just made to help making clc better, not so much to speak about my ban. Therefore it was very wrong that i have started to speak about this old things.

I wish you all a good time and fun with the game.
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by passme[bum] »

thats ok i had forgotten about it till you brought it up lol , as far as i was concerned the matter had been dealt with over a year ago so i think we have said quite enough on the subject of your ban now . hope you come back and play
comp specs
Main
2nd
3rd
all boring cases