MRT - Win an MRT Competition!

Events related threads, both in-game and forum events.

Moderator: CLC Crew

mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

MRT - Win an MRT Competition!

Post by mjh93sa »

Win an MRT Competition!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

CLC are proud to present the next "Win an MRT" competition.

How it works:

The competition is simple. As many of you know my real car is the 2009 BMW 135i that you see in my signature below. After almost 2 years and 34000 miles I am about to replace it with another car.

Your task therefore is to guess what that car is, and when I will take delivery of it.

The Rules:
  • One (1) entry per user only.
  • Entries may be edited by the user until the closing date of the competition (see below).
  • Entries must be made in the format below. Entries that are not may be ignored.
  • This thread will be locked either 1 week from delivery, or when the delivery date is known (if closer).
  • Closest to the correct answer across all of the categories listed in the entry will win an MRT.
  • Closest guess will be awarded by points: 2 points for each category, including 1 point for being one day out.
  • in the event of a tie the winners will be asked to guess the collection time to the nearest hour.
  • If the winner owns an MRT then they may sell, or donate this to another player.
  • No chat in this thread - entries only. All other posts may be deleted.
  • Admin decisions are final.
Entry Format:
  • Manufacturer:
  • Model:
  • Bodystyle:
  • Trim:
  • Delivery Date:
Clues:

My car history:
'96 Ford Fiesta Si Hatch
'99 Ford Focus Ghia Hatch
'03 BMW 320d SE Saloon
'07 BMW 330d M-Sport Touring
'09 BMW 135i M-Sport Coupe

The car that is being replaced:
2009 BMW 135i Coupe
RWD, 306hp, 6speed Auto
Usage: 18000 miles/year @ 27.82mpg average

The new car:
Order has been placed
Delivery is expected before the end of the year

Example Entries:

• Manufacturer: Hyundai
  • Model: i30
  • Bodystyle: Estate
  • Trim: Premium
  • Delivery Date: 25 December 2011
  • Manufacturer: BMW
  • Model: 7 series
  • Bodystyle: Saloon
  • Trim: M-Sport
  • Delivery Date: 25 December 2011
[/i]

Disclaimer: Helmet, skin, reverse gear, batteries nor pit crew are included. Also note that the car is NOT road legal and you might get pulled over by the police if you use it on public roads. Any fines you receive you have to pay yourself. You have been advised. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Nap was here. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fondle, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. If the flow controls supplied are not installed, this unit will not operate properly. Keep out of reach of children. When this set is used with other equipment, if the picture is not stable or the buzz sound is heard, try to change the mutual position of relevant equipment or take enough distance between them. This unit not labeled for retail sale. Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine. Close cover before striking. Mind the gap. No merchantability expressed or implied. Parental discretion is advised. Sold as a novelty item only. Although robust enough for general use, adventures into the esoteric periphery may reveal unexpected quirks. Not available in stores. May cause abdominal cramping and loose stools. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added. Not designed or intended for use in on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility. Container may explode if heated. May contain traces of various nuts and seeds. No tools left in this thread overnight. Torque tighten to 120Nm.
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Re: MRT - Win an MRT Competition!

Post by Crystal »

My guess:
  • Manufacturer: MINI
    Model: John Cooper Works
    Bodystyle: Clubman
    Trim: Chili
    Delivery Date: 10th January 2012
Original 1st guess:
  • Manufacturer: BMW
    Model: 3 series
    Bodystyle: Saloon
    Trim: M-Sport
    Delivery Date: 11th February 2012
Original 2nd guess:
  • Manufacturer: Audi
    Model: A6 C7
    Bodystyle: Saloon
    Trim: S-Line
    Delivery Date: 27th December 2011
Original 3rd guess:
  • Manufacturer: Audi
    Model: TTS
    Bodystyle: Coupé
    Trim: S-Line
    Delivery Date: 27th December 2011
Original 4th guess:
  • Manufacturer: Mercedes-Benz
    Model: E-class
    Bodystyle: Convertible
    Trim: AMG Sport Package
    Delivery Date: 30th December 2011
Last edited by Crystal on 04 Jan 2012, 10:59, edited 6 times in total.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by mjh93sa »

C'mon guys, it's supposed to be a competition, not a give away!

It's all still to play for... all I can say is that everything in Crystal's original guess is incorrect! (BMW 3 saloon M-Sport 11 Feb 2012) ...(and you have about 3 - 4 weeks to get your guesses in).
[CLC] M135i
DarkKostas
Officer
Ingame nick: [OPC] DK!
LFS Name: darkkostas

Post by DarkKostas »

• Manufacturer: Lexus
    Model: ES
    Bodystyle: Sedan
    Trim: 350
    Delivery Date: 28th December 2011

Let's start taking "backups" in case we need them later!
  • Manufacturer: Lexus
    Model: LS 460
    Trim: Touring
    Delivery Date: 28th December 2011
Last edited by DarkKostas on 13 Dec 2011, 17:53, edited 4 times in total.
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by mjh93sa »

...still all to play for. The dates are in the ballpark as far as I am being told at the moment, but the guesses on the car are still a long way off.
[CLC] M135i
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by mjh93sa »

... and still they can't get it. Not even got the marque yet, let alone the bodystyle! :teehee:
[CLC] M135i
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

mjh93sa wrote:... and still they can't get it. Not even got the marque yet, let alone the bodystyle! :teehee:
The heck? Seems you converted to the evil side when it's neither BMW nor Audi :confused:
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by mjh93sa »

Crystal wrote:
mjh93sa wrote:... and still they can't get it. Not even got the marque yet, let alone the bodystyle! :teehee:
The heck? Seems you converted to the evil side when it's neither BMW nor Audi :confused:
Nor Ford or Honda (DK's first guesses).
[CLC] M135i
DarkKostas
Officer
Ingame nick: [OPC] DK!
LFS Name: darkkostas

Post by DarkKostas »

mjh93sa wrote:Not even got the marque yet
+
mjh93sa wrote:(DK's first guesses)
:roll: I am so confused. And what makes me more confused is that after almost 10 years, you change brand...
Anyway good luck Crystal and to anyone else who wants to join. Sorry for posting but i got jealous! :lol:
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

This.
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by mjh93sa »

Update....

The dealer has confirmed the VIN number, which means that the car is now on the way to them. Delivery date will not be confirmed until they get the car, but at the moment the guesses are in the ballpark.

As to the car? Well, one of the guesses is starting to get closer.
[CLC] M135i
feffe85
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: SWE|Zaphyr3
LFS Name: feffe85

Post by feffe85 »

New Guess:
Manufacturer: Lexus
Model: IS
Trim: 350 AWD
Delivery Date: 29th Dec 2011

Original guess:
Delivery Date: 13th Jan 2012
Last edited by feffe85 on 15 Dec 2011, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by mjh93sa »

feffe85 wrote:Manufacturer: Lexus
Delivery Date: 13th Jan 2012
Definitely this year I am being told, so you might want to think about that date.
[CLC] M135i
cherryflip
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: cherryflip
LFS Name: cherryflip

Post by cherryflip »

Withdrawn:

Model: IS F
Trim: not sure what "trim" is with cars..
Delivery date: 26th December 2011. Nice christmas present for yourself.
Bobomoomin
Officer
Ingame nick: [CLC] Bobo
LFS Name: Jack Tebbutt

Post by Bobomoomin »

I'm sticking to my 'mini'-guns (See what I did there? ;))

Manufacturer: BMW
Model: MINI
Bodystyle: Countryman
Trim: Cooper S
Delivery date: 30th December 2011