Beware - speedtrap at northwest side detected (1200 € fine)

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

matze54564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Beware - speedtrap at northwest side detected (1200 € fine)

Post by matze54564 »

I sent the message "Beware - speedtrap at northwest side detected" in the chat for all players as News Flash. I have UF1 and no chance to escape, and the Officer which made the speedtrap began to chase me and caught me at southwest side. I was parking there to send my news. Because i have UF1 and no chance to escape i was not refusing to stop. He said 1200 for my news. Without me. I like high fines for a big player fault, but such things i dont like and get very annoyed. I pressed because of big annoyance shift+S and be therefore maybe 2400 fined, dont know because i don´t reconnected.

IRL i can call the radio station and the radio station will inform drivers with the next traffic news.... so much.

(11:43 UTC Updated for better understanding)
Last edited by matze54564 on 07 Oct 2007, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

If you get into a police chase and disconnect early, there is a 1200 fine. If there wasn't people would leave the server to avoid police fines. The trap didnt give you 1200, the police chase did.

I'm guessing you sped through a speed trap and the officer went to chase you after because your speeding. This is how it works.

Edit: You completely re-wrote your post above, so my response makes no sense.
Last edited by JasonJ on 07 Oct 2007, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Danielw597
Saving for GTR
Saving for GTR
Location: Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Galaxy, Univerce

Post by Danielw597 »

Yeah, i fined him, he told everyone the position of my Speed Trap.
I then asked another Officer, could i pull him over and how much the fine was he said it was a kickable offence, or 1200 .. so i fined him.

Mabye you won't do it again. :)
ptzs wrote:Eagle should tow for free in Aston, he causes 99% of accidents there
CLC - Is a lot like Coronation Street, same ammount of drama.. Just a little more interactive.
matze54564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by matze54564 »

kickable offence..... I guess CLC is a police state. Its just like a totalitarian System without freedom of expression and freedom of the press. If i send the News where is a speed-trap, is this just freedom of the press.

CLC want be a nice game for the Officers and a horrible game for Players?

For Example:
A bankrobber is to early busted while driving to slow. Standing 1/10 seconds is enough to catch a bankrobber. Nice for Officers and bad for players.

If a traffic offender refusing to stop, he have no chance to escape, because there is no time limit for the chase like in a bankrob-chase. he can only have a big luck when somebody rob the bank during chase and all units are needed to chase the bankrobber. To make the game better is a escaping time for all chases needed.

Ok, also a Officer is a Player and will have fun, i know, its a game, but it should be not so easy for officers.

In LFS is sometimes the lag on the side of the officers and a player will have no chance, because the player will fly through the air after crash and officers stay at road. Thats a LFS glitch, hoping the LFS Developers will fix it anytime.

So far, have fun, cu

(Updated (11:48 UTC)
Secondaries
First corner-smasher
First corner-smasher

Post by Secondaries »

Just so you know, in real life, it IS illegal to report police traffic activity on the radio. It's punishable by time in jail. Here in Houston though, KTBZ The Buzz has people call in "Jelly Donut" reports... =P. Loophole.

But yeah, it's not legal.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Post by shaken_bacon »

Cops would not let bankrobbers drive slowly away in real life...
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

matze54564 wrote:kickable offence..... I guess CLC is a police state. Its just like a totalitarian System without freedom of expression and freedom of the press. If i send the News where is a speed-trap, is this just freedom of the press.

CLC want be a nice game for the Officers and a horrible game for Players?

For Example:
A bankrobber is to early busted while driving to slow. Standing 1/10 seconds is enough to catch a bankrobber. Nice for Officers and bad for players.

If a traffic offender refusing to stop, he have no chance to escape, because there is no time limit for the chase like in a bankrob-chase. he can only have a big luck when somebody rob the bank during chase and all units are needed to chase the bankrobber. To make the game better is a escaping time for all chases needed.

Ok, also a Officer is a Player and will have fun, i know, its a game, but it should be not so easy for officers.

In LFS is sometimes the lag on the side of the officers and a player will have no chance, because the player will fly through the air after crash and officers stay at road. Thats a LFS glitch, hoping the LFS Developers will fix it anytime.

So far, have fun, cu

(Updated (11:48 UTC)
There are some good points here. A chase timer would be nice, so would alot of things. All in good time.