Now Thats Why I know LTC/TC Took Over....

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

Dmwright
BANNED

Post by Dmwright »

If i rob a bank what do i expect?

Here you go, I expect a chase, not banger racing. I expect a fair chase, which also will let me have the odds on actully WINNING SOMETHING.

I was speaking to someone who had been in clc for ages now he prefers LTC. You know what... I do aswell. LTC Has people actully in it who are kind, considerete and best of all there very helpful. At first (Even chris etc can agree with this) I absoluted hated LTC because of the licence thing but now I think its pretty neat. There isnt any coppers who ram etc. Its all fair.

I Wonder why LTC has 3 pretty full servers and CLC cant even fill 1 with 10 most of the time.

Im not here to insult anyone, I just think its need to be relooked at, I reckon i wont be coming back, even though my best time on LFS was there. I remember my first night on clc (LFS) I stayed up to about 2am because i loved it...
Kind Reguards,

[KR] NOFEAR/Dmwright

I own a UF1! :S
doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

dmwright: Get over it. If you like LTC - great, have a good time. It's all about diversity. If you found yourself a perfect cruising haven that's all right. I'll stay with CLC because I like the people and their attitude and the fact that the server's not stuffed 24/7 with kids I don't know or I don't want to get to know. I've been on LTC a couple of times and maybe it was just bad luck (which I doubt), but I never had an experience that was even closely as satisfying as on the CLC server. Also, what's the point in earning cash so quickly you can drive the fastest cars within a matter of days or very few weeks?

I've had my share of unpleasant experiences with bank robbing as well, but that's not because the cops aren't fair per se. Most of them are good drivers and know to play their role quite well. But the major problem is that the get-away-time is far too short. Time pressure is immense and the cops really need to take the robber out as soon as possible at all cost. Plus they get a reward which is too big - in my opinion acting cop is all about responsibility, about commitment to the community. Being hand-chosen as a cop is a great reward in itself, with all the authority and fame coming from it. Would be enough for me, at least.

So here are two proposals concerning bank robberies:
- Increase the get away timer to 10 or even 15 minutes. Takes away some of the time pressure so cops don't have to bulldoze the streets. They have an opportunity to set up road blocks, develop a strategy, drive more safely (even if it means the robber will get away temporarily). Reduces the number of accidents involving innocent citizens. Increases the fun for both parties involved in a chase because it's less hectic and stressful.
- Decrease the amount of cash cops get for a bust. 1000 per bust should be way enough.

Another thing that I'd like to bring up is cadeting.
In my opinion there have been way too many cadets around lately. It shouldn't just be a temporary fun for some guys who are looking to become special and powerful. Instead, people should only be allowed to cadet if they are really willing to become cops and contribute to the community, and if there's a clear need to expand the cop team. They should be hand-picked carefully because they represent CLC in certain ways. They should be poised, competent, confident. Unfortunately, some of the cadet's I've seen are not.
wentz22
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [CLC] Adam W
LFS Name: wentz22

Post by wentz22 »

Sugestions noted and will be brought up,

Maybe reduce the amount that an officer recieves from a bank bust to 15% instead of half? Im not sure if anyone noticed but most of the time if a officer busts a robber and recieves a 3K reward and there were 3 officers in the chase its usally divided between them so each officer only recieves a 1K bonus. Will see ill bring it up.

Now the cahse time is good and bad, maybe make it a tad longer for the cars that can survive that long (GTR's and RB4-that thing is a tank) but i cant see it being fair trying to escape in a uf1 for 8 or 9 min, but again thats my honest opinion. I will bring it up though.

CLC- Where Simulation Meets Reality
....And Chris P Sucks His Thumb
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

That was a nice post gooney. And Wentz' points are extremely valid.

The bank causes alot of controversy here at CLC. If you dont think its fair then you should not rob it, and sometimes it is bordering out of control and people do get bitten really hard. I remember in the early days, (when you lost your car for being busted), I rarely robbed, and only did it if I was prepared to loose everything.

Even now with so much at stake, officer's reputation and extra cash to be made from bank you should expect some sort of pressure and possible over crashing. How can you honestly say, "try not wreck someone too much,...try to let them have fun but dont let them escape". It's so hard to make a fair chase, with so much money at stake, and time a big factor. People see the bank and think they have the 'right' to escape, and some people get 'lucky' and do escape.

The escape time has been extended slightly which has made chases more enjoyable when less officers are around. Basically I had to kill within seconds previously, and i didnt enjoy that. I rather stayed off duty.

Now its a bit more calmer (longer timer on escape), and the bank isn't getting camped 24/7, and that was a huge victory for me to get a workable solution for anti-camping, but now that there is a longer escape timer, more people will get busted. I like gooneys suggestions and it should go down that route, where strategy is used more. At this point there is no way to stop lag hits and people getting accidently rammed. So the ramming will happen. I would like longer/ less crashing chases also, I can think of ways to make them longer, like increasing the reward over time, so you only get good rewards if the bank chase went all the way to the end of the timer, but you would still get the ramming effect in the last two minutes (saying for example it is a 15 minute chase)

Its a really tricky quest to get right, soooo many variables. It's always creating controversy. People think its the easy money solution which isn't helping. It's should be more thought of like this:

"I've made lots of cash and don't have much to do, I'll rob the bank and see how that is"

The bank shouldn't be viewed as the easiest way to make cash and shouldn't be seen as "easy to escape from because the officers are nice and dont hit us hard"

Perhapse we can look at officers getting smaller amounts instead so the agression isn't so high.

I think officers should be rewarded for a job well done, remember that the reward is only 1/2 the robbery amount for Officers. Sometimes you have to share out 3K amoung 3 cadets and and still have enough for yourself.

We can listen to discussions and can take onboard ideas how to make the robberies/chase more realistic and not so devastating.
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

Well, in my opinion... If an officer is trying to bust someone for the money, there is a problem there. The chase should be for fun and last as long as possible. If you rob in a GTR, you WILL get full force used instantly. If you use something light, we try to go easier and play with the person (at least I do).
If the suspect rolls over and we were having a bit of fun, I will roll them back over and continue on.

Just beware that we go full bore on a GTR, no holding back...
Want to mess with me? Go for it.. See what happens.. Just don't complain about what happens.
Sketchyrollin564
Stealing XFG
Stealing XFG

Post by Sketchyrollin564 »

This is why im really glad there is now LTC and TC. It keeps (most) the whiney and immature noobs out of CLC.

I think that guy put it in good words when he said CLC is more of a mature server. More realistic (different speedlimits for different zones), ACTUAL trained officers with different conditions etc, Set rules that are definatley fair, and just the overall experience.

We get rewarded with fun things like bank robbery, quizes, construction zones, etc.
Pugsly
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder

Post by Pugsly »

you expect a nice bunch of money XD
Chris P
Using !pitlane
Using !pitlane
Ingame nick: Chris P
LFS Name: Chris P

Post by Chris P »

I don't know if this is valid for the other servers, but I feel that the known saying (for native English speakers) of "What goes around, comes around." is very true for CLC.

If you're a good driver/cadet, you'll be invited to be an officer. If you somehow have a cash-issue, an admin will help you out. If you have an idea for the server which you discuss, we're more likely to have a think about it.

You all get the general idea of this post.... /me thinks :D