Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

dougie-lampkin wrote:It has been said that the whole police syatem needs an overhaul, right? Well here's my suggestion about how new offcers should be handled...
When I've referred to that overhaul, I was talking about the Auto Engaging Police Chase System. That's a little untidy at this time.

I have in the past thought about having another Advanced Cadet group having those roles as you have said and not needing Officer clearance to operate. Aside from changing a lot of code to handle another rank, a few days work(*.*) I'm not sure how comfortable the other admins are about letting other players have the right to fine people on the spot. Cadets also get have no fines incurred and that's still alot of responsibility to hand out to someone without supervision. I mean they could just leave the tag on and not ever need to worry about autofines. So I'm not sure how close we are to having that sort of thing yet. It could be done but needs alot of contingency planning, which is what stops alot of ideas getting off the ground.

Things might happen like for example: (Adv.)Cadet is active and and officer joins the server. (Adv.)Cadet goes out of service by own accord and robs the bank off duty because the bank only restricts Officers from robbing. Yes you could restrict robbing by Adv.Cadets for ever, but they are not entitled to open it, so why are they bieing restricted. Anyway... alot of things have stopped me from introducing such a concept, I wish I could think of some good solutions to this. It seems a shame to only allow police to patrol when certain people are around. Perhapse over time we can figure something out.

About choosing cadets; Police Officers have a separate discussion board to discuss between themselves about other potential officers and good cadets.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

dougie-lampkin wrote:
Another suggestion: cadet-officers (a new name required). A cross between cadets and officers. They only do cadet work (general traffic duties) but can go on without an officer present. They can't do everything officers do, like the bank or speedtraps, but they could help keep the server under control...
Not sure wat u mean but, how about someone who can be trusted as cadet but not as trusted/good enough for officer could be selected to be cadet when an officer is not online, but CLIS will only allow people to be cadet without an officer there if they have been added to that list, but can still rob if in civilian mode.
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

SEAN-NZ wrote:
dougie-lampkin wrote:
Another suggestion: cadet-officers (a new name required). A cross between cadets and officers. They only do cadet work (general traffic duties) but can go on without an officer present. They can't do everything officers do, like the bank or speedtraps, but they could help keep the server under control...
Not sure wat u mean but, how about someone who can be trusted as cadet but not as trusted/good enough for officer could be selected to be cadet when an officer is not online, but CLIS will only allow people to be cadet without an officer there if they have been added to that list, but can still rob if in civilian mode.
Yeh, thats what he did mean. :D An "Official" Cadet list, for when Officers aren't about.

It's alot of work to implement a new rank group, and most people will be wanted to be added to it I would imagine. Huge job. Accepting all the potential Official Cadets would be a long process as well. We get people commenting alot how our server seems more civilised than some of the other police/Cruise servers. I had the same idea myself a while ago but did not want to create a situation of chaos with huge numbers of unknown people having these semi-police powers. Originally the Cadets didnt have any ability to start chases. Just implementing that was difficult. I'll talk with the other admins and see what ideas we can come up with. Maybe allowing "official" cadets might ok if they weren't immune from fines so that they didn't just use that tag to expolit the no-fines issue. But then we have to make the system treat them as "immune" from fines again once an Officer or Admin joins. There is some serious complexities there to figure out. I'm thinking all the time about how to implement something like this, so your ideas can help. Once the system can auto-detect the speed limit of a given area, then "Official cadet" movements could be monitored by the system more effectively lowering the need for Officer presence.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

Wat about just have official cadets, if they have got more chance than most to become an officer, and if they do exploit the free stuff then they could just be taken off the list
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Toms06

Post by Toms06 »

I have an idea for cops again : a SWAT group.

The SWAT can take part of the chase only on condition 4 and hes here for ... ramming to bust the chaser in extreme situation.
He can be called by a command like !swat (by cadets & officiers) when hes needed.
The call can be secret (just sended to the SWAT) or public.

I had this idea which is surely to improve and for me its a good idea :p
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Renting cars!

Post by Chris »

Hey, last days more and more new people asked me if they can drive with my FZR... Maybe there is a way to give cars to them, without harm insim. Would be nice, coz the new people (most of them) hate the UF1 and just stay for one or two laps. When they rent a car from another person, the car owner should get like 30% and the driver 70%. But when the driver gets fined, he has to pay the whole fine. So everyone profits :roll: Would be nice if this will be in the new version :P
Image Image
Danielw597
Saving for GTR
Saving for GTR
Location: Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Galaxy, Univerce

Post by Danielw597 »

Or mabye start with UF1 and/or XFG or XRG .. Dunno but mehh
ptzs wrote:Eagle should tow for free in Aston, he causes 99% of accidents there
CLC - Is a lot like Coronation Street, same ammount of drama.. Just a little more interactive.
Chris
Official Towtruck

Post by Chris »

ye, or something like that, but not UF1 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Image Image
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Post by Chesta »

SEAN-NZ wrote:Wat about just have official cadets, if they have got more chance than most to become an officer, and if they do exploit the free stuff then they could just be taken off the list

Agreed. Cadet could be like an officer minus the bank. kinda like a traffic cop?
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Chris
Official Towtruck

Post by Chris »

Chesta wrote:
SEAN-NZ wrote:Wat about just have official cadets, if they have got more chance than most to become an officer, and if they do exploit the free stuff then they could just be taken off the list

Agreed. Cadet could be like an officer minus the bank. kinda like a traffic cop?
ye, would be cool, like a system that fines the person automaticly, like a real speedtrap :roll:
Image Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

If we gave an XFG and UF1 to new players I'm only concerned that the other 10,000 members might think they are entitled to a free XFG since they never received one in the past.

Some other good ideas are here.

The renting: I'm not sure new players should have access to GTR's and all the other good cars.

SWAT: We already have cops/cadets that can JOIN chase in condition 3 and when it escalates to Condition 4, they can use more agressive tactics anyway. The chances of SWAT being online all the time is slim. I mean if you were a SWAT, wouldn't you rather be an Officer and be able to interact as an officer all the time instead of having to wait for a condition 4 chase. If you have 2 or threee officers chasing you at condition 4, are you going to notice that there are SWAT as well? It seems to me that Officers at condition 4 will act like SWAT anyway. Maybe I missed the point.
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

IMO, new players should have to work to unlock new cars, like everyone else. In LTC you start with only UF1, but in TC you start with UF1, XFG and XRG. I think that starting in only UF1 is fairest...

As for "renting" of cars, maybe something like TC could be used? (command !rent CARNAME TIME)
Michel4AGE
First corner-smasher
First corner-smasher

Post by Michel4AGE »

I dunno if it's suggested before, but anyway.

-Make it possible for a officer to close the bank when he's the only one going red.

-#11 Officers can only start pursuits when they are active and on duty using the red officer tag. <- undo this rule, it's pretty dumb. If I come across a cop in real life, he can pull me over / chase me whenever he wants, he's on duty after all.

-#14 Officers amy only use speedtraps when in the using the red tag. <-- again, very weird.

And there is one important road rule missing I think. Here in Holland, the road rules are pretty strict and because off all the morons driving on the roads these days, they have like a special rule you always "could" use in case the more everyday rules don't apply. It's a bit like " It's forbidden for everyone on the road to behave in such way that he/she becomes a danger to him/her-self and/or any other people/objects using public road "
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

There are reasons why those rules are in effect :

The yellow Officer tag is basically redundant now (not necessary). But is handy when an Officer is damaged too much to patrol, and needs to go "out-of service" to return to base, without the risk of the bank being left open. Basically if you want to Police, be red.

You may remember in the past, the yellow/red tag was used to open the bank (by officer's choice) BECAUSE multiple players could rob simultaneously and there was no cool down timers there needed some control from somewhere. Now there is a self governing bank system, (CCTV and cooldown timers), the Officers are safer to be red all the time which is what was first origianlly desired :-> "Professional Officers should on full alert for any situation to occur." Not lazy cops driving around sight seeing feeling like they have control over the bank like snooty pigs laughing at civilians who can't rob because "they" don't want to open it.

Just like in normal situations, there is alway risk of crimes being committed. Police in real life can't decide when it's o.k. to rob convenience stores etc. That happens randomly, which is why we have a random timer count down and have removed control from the police for when the bank can be robbed.

Also allowing the police choice for opening the bank means you just see,.....
"open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz" "open bank plz"
which gets annoying 24/7.

Single Officer:

A single police officer on patrol does have a (small) way to equal out the lack of back up for bank situations. The officer can !pitlane at anytime during a bank chase, to "simulate" the presence of more officers, or what looks like, more back-up appearing from a certain place, (which would be nice to be the actual police station, but unfortunately LFS limits the respawn place for vehicles to the pits only.)

Having only one Police Officer is not so bad on shorter tracks. However, you are right if you believe the AS6R config is making bank chases harder for police. This has been rectified with a new escape timer especially made for the longer tracks to be released in the next version. Escape times will be approx. 30% longer for the faster classed vehicles.
manijack
Using !pitlane
Using !pitlane
Ingame nick: BDT®Maniac
LFS Name: Manijack

Post by manijack »

dougie-lampkin wrote: cadet-officers
Me like
ANTEC Three Hundred | ASUS P5Q PRO | CORSAIR 650W Powersupply | ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB | INTEL Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz | Corsair 4096MB DDR2 | Logitech MX-518 | Logitech G15 | BenQ G2220HD | Logitech G27 | Logitech X-540 5.1 surround | Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit