Suggestion thread.

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

sh0ck3r

Re: Suggestion thread.

Post by sh0ck3r »

rather than waiting 1hour for another lotto, what about if you made the user wait 5-10minutes (most people who join are in longer than 10mins) before picking up/cashing in the lotto ticket ?
Dmwright
BANNED

Post by Dmwright »

JasonJ wrote:I think Dougie is trying to say is, it's a feature that probably isn't worth the extra trouble, when other features can be made instead.

Yes, I could give time putting a system that allows people to sell cars to others, or auction them if you will. But my slant on it is that, people don't really sell cars to any great extent. Once you buy a car, you save up for the next, you're not continuously buying and selling cars mainly because you stand to loose 30% when you sell. For someone to auction off their car they are going to want more than 70% for it so that it's more profitable than flat out selling it.

Take the case of a XFG. You only make 4200 for selling it, you might get 5000 in and auction, meaning you stand to make 800 more and the buyer saves about 1000 on buying a car.

Take the case at the other end of the scale, Auction a GTR. ~110,000e Car. People don't generally sell GTR's because they stand to loose like 30,000e on it. They tend to buy one and keep it. For an actual auction sale I can't imagine that anyone would want to loose more than 2000 or 5000 to go ahead with the sale.

What I am trying to say is that it's alot of work to add in an auction system, or car trading system, when I really don't think it will be utilised much. How often would people sell cars off when they still stand to loose cash. Some of the savings when purchasing wont be that great so I just think it would be a waste of time that could be spent on other things to do. The few people that sell their cars wont make much extra and thouse buying auctioned cars wont save a great deal. Maybe once i have unrolled my next few hundred ideas and plans than it might be worth it, but I have bigger fish to fry.

About Renting:
My personal thoughts is that if you haven't earnt a car, you shouldn't be driving it. It's the same reason I'm against bank loans. This mod is about earning your stripes so to speak, in otherwords, earning your 'right' to have a particular car. If we had bank loans for example, you could just loan enough for a better, car, drive that car and pay it off. You never have to go through the "experience" of driving the slower cars. I was forced to drive the UF1 when I first joined. I wasn't happy about it, but in hindsight, I'm glad for it, because it made me appreciate that car and get to 'love' it for what it was.

Same goes for renting, you never have to drive a car you don't like, and you can just rent the best cars until you earn enough cash to buy one for yourself. If all you have to do is rent for example a GTR until you make cash to buy one, then why have it "not accessible" in the first place. Renting in my opinion spoils the concept of saving up for cars and working for them by starting at the bottom.
Ah k fair point. Just wondered if it was a good idea :D .
Kind Reguards,

[KR] NOFEAR/Dmwright

I own a UF1! :S
dude56

Post by dude56 »

Allow selling the UF1 once you've bought another car. I saved up the 10250 I would need to get an XRT by selling my UF1. So I got a quick 1750 loan from someone (since you can't sell the UF1 if it's your only car), bought the XRT. But then, when I tried to sell my UF1 so I could get the 1750 back and pay the guy, it said "You can't sell your last UF1". I was dumbfounded. Not only was this very stupid, but it totally screwed both me and the guy I got the money from. Can you PLEASE allow selling the UF1 if you own another car? I'm basically screwed, I owe money I don't have and the guy is probably really pissed at me. I could probably go on and earn the 1750 with my XRT, but it'd be much easier to just sell my UF1.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

dude56 wrote:Allow selling the UF1 once you've bought another car. I saved up the 10250 I would need to get an XRT by selling my UF1. So I got a quick 1750 loan from someone (since you can't sell the UF1 if it's your only car), bought the XRT. But then, when I tried to sell my UF1 so I could get the 1750 back and pay the guy, it said "You can't sell your last UF1". I was dumbfounded. Not only was this very stupid, but it totally screwed both me and the guy I got the money from. Can you PLEASE allow selling the UF1 if you own another car? I'm basically screwed, I owe money I don't have and the guy is probably really pissed at me. I could probably go on and earn the 1750 with my XRT, but it'd be much easier to just sell my UF1.
OK let me answer this.
"(since you can't sell the UF1 if it's your only car)"
You have incorrectly interpreted the information given to you. When you try and sell your uf1, it actually says
"You can't sell your last UF1" it does not at all say, "You can't sell your last car"

This car is given to you when you join the server for free. Just like your skin when you are born. You can't sell it.

When this server first opened in Dec 2006 you actually lost cars when you crashed out. Players were given initially given 4000 extra cash because most people lost 2 or 3 cars before they realised the rules. In that early period there were hundreds of players that played for a few minutes, lost their only car and never came back. They now come back to CLC and their account is still active, BUT they had no cars whatsoever and don't realise how to buy a new car. Myself and many other players were constantly having to tell people how to BUY a UF1. We were quite tired of it. So, I added code that AUTOMATICALLY buys a UF1 for those players when they enter the server that do not have any cars, and subtracts the cost from their acount. Now no-one has to tell anyone to !buy UF1 The players that don't have any cars nor enough for the UF1 and are sitting at something like -1200 are unable to do anything to get a car. The players in that situation have an instant account reset and start at 0 and a UF1.

Because of this we new feature we had to remove the ability to sell your last UF1, otherwise people would exploit a loop hole and sell their UF1, then send the money to someone else and reconnect and get a new FREE UF1 and repeat making free cash.

There is information about buying and selling the UF1 in still in the prices list because, in the past some people have bought more that one UF1, and still may want to sell it, AND some people have other cars but no UF1 and might decide to buy it again. (But they wont be able to sell it after that)

Before these new features were introduced we already had alot of people selling their UF1's, sending the cash to someone and typing !pay 20000 for an account reset and got another free UF1 to sell again in two days. The new features solves this cheating as well.

So, no, sorry it's not "very stupid". Next time read the instructions in the chat. It does explicity say:
"You can't sell your last UF1"
Its a "limitation" I had to add because some people choose to cheat. I carefully worded that message to avoid this situation.

If the guy is wanting his 1750 cash back, he is either going to have to wait until an admin can come and re-imburse him or wait until you make the cash back. If he can't wait that long, he shouldn't loan money. He will get his cash back soon enough.

But by now, I'm guessing in the 1/2 hour you have been playing CLC while I've been explaining things you've probably earned back that 1750 cash. Tell him to post here if he has any issues about his 1750.
dude56

Post by dude56 »

JasonJ wrote:
dude56 wrote:Allow selling the UF1 once you've bought another car. I saved up the 10250 I would need to get an XRT by selling my UF1. So I got a quick 1750 loan from someone (since you can't sell the UF1 if it's your only car), bought the XRT. But then, when I tried to sell my UF1 so I could get the 1750 back and pay the guy, it said "You can't sell your last UF1". I was dumbfounded. Not only was this very stupid, but it totally screwed both me and the guy I got the money from. Can you PLEASE allow selling the UF1 if you own another car? I'm basically screwed, I owe money I don't have and the guy is probably really pissed at me. I could probably go on and earn the 1750 with my XRT, but it'd be much easier to just sell my UF1.
OK let me answer this.
"(since you can't sell the UF1 if it's your only car)"
You have incorrectly interpreted the information given to you. When you try and sell your uf1, it actually says
"You can't sell your last UF1" it does not at all say, "You can't sell your last car"

This car is given to you when you join the server for free. Just like your skin when you are born. You can't sell it.

When this server first opened in Dec 2006 you actually lost cars when you crashed out. Players were given initially given 4000 extra cash because most people lost 2 or 3 cars before they realised the rules. In that early period there were hundreds of players that played for a few minutes, lost their only car and never came back. They now come back to CLC and their account is still active, BUT they had no cars whatsoever and don't realise how to buy a new car. Myself and many other players were constantly having to tell people how to BUY a UF1. We were quite tired of it. So, I added code that AUTOMATICALLY buys a UF1 for those players when they enter the server that do not have any cars, and subtracts the cost from their acount. Now no-one has to tell anyone to !buy UF1 The players that don't have any cars nor enough for the UF1 and are sitting at something like -1200 are unable to do anything to get a car. The players in that situation have an instant account reset and start at 0 and a UF1.

Because of this we new feature we had to remove the ability to sell your last UF1, otherwise people would exploit a loop hole and sell their UF1, then send the money to someone else and reconnect and get a new FREE UF1 and repeat making free cash.

There is information about buying and selling the UF1 in still in the prices list because, in the past some people have bought more that one UF1, and still may want to sell it, AND some people have other cars but no UF1 and might decide to buy it again. (But they wont be able to sell it after that)

Before these new features were introduced we already had alot of people selling their UF1's, sending the cash to someone and typing !pay 20000 for an account reset and got another free UF1 to sell again in two days. The new features solves this cheating as well.

So, no, sorry it's not "very stupid". Next time read the instructions in the chat. It does explicity say:
"You can't sell your last UF1"
Its a "limitation" I had to add because some people choose to cheat. I carefully worded that message to avoid this situation.

If the guy is wanting his 1750 cash back, he is either going to have to wait until an admin can come and re-imburse him or wait until you make the cash back. If he can't wait that long, he shouldn't loan money. He will get his cash back soon enough.

But by now, I'm guessing in the 1/2 hour you have been playing CLC while I've been explaining things you've probably earned back that 1750 cash. Tell him to post here if he has any issues about his 1750.
I didn't know that I couldn't sell my UF1 at all until I had already bought my XRT, and had 0 cash. Sorry for not reading that despite the fact that it DOESN'T TELL YOU until it's too late. Put it in the help list, or something. Also, nobody else on the server was aware of this rule, which is why the guy (Twoodz) was willing to loan me money, because he thought my plan to sell the UF1 and buy the XRT would work.
Walkingpie
Officer
Ingame nick: Appo
LFS Name: walkingpie

Post by Walkingpie »

look if you are replying to the post directly above yours there is NO NEED TO QUOTE IT !!!!!
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

dude56 wrote:
I didn't know that I couldn't sell my UF1 at all until I had already bought my XRT, and had 0 cash. Sorry for not reading that despite the fact that it DOESN'T TELL YOU until it's too late. Put it in the help list, or something. Also, nobody else on the server was aware of this rule, which is why the guy (Twoodz) was willing to loan me money, because he thought my plan to sell the UF1 and buy the XRT would work.
Twoodz wasn't aware because he never tried to sell his UF1 is my guess.

I'll go back to your original statement:
So I got a quick 1750 loan from someone (since you can't sell the UF1 if it's your only car),
What made you think this? You must have tried to sell it first before asking for a loan.
Sorry for not reading that despite the fact that it DOESN'T TELL YOU until it's too late
It does tell you, when you try to sell it, which you must have done before hand. The only other explaination is SOMEONE else said to you "you can't sell your last car" I really don't know how to stop people giving out false information.

Which do you think is more plausible:

A) You straight-up asked someone to lend you 1750 without any attempt to check that you actually could sell the car you have. You took the loan and THEN tried to sell the UF1 afterwards. Then realised that nothing warned you of this.

or

B) You tried to sell your UF1, and the system said "You can't sell your last UF1" and you interpreted that as "You can't sell your last car." So thinking you can circumvent this hurdle you asked someone to lend you 1750. Which they did. Then you tried to sell the UF1 "again" after buying the XRT and THEN actually read the message properly and realised your mistake.

You honestly expect me to believe that you would ask for a loan from some stranger BEFORE even trying to sell that UF1? I really don't think anybody would try and borrow money when they intend to sell a car without first trying to sell the car so that they don't have to go through the hassle of lending money from someone. They would obviously try and sell the car FIRST to avoid loaning from someone.

So please explain - Before getting that loan, what made you come to the conclusion:
(since you can't sell the UF1 if it's your only car),
  1. Some random person said this to you
  2. You tried to sell it and it wouldn't let you.
  3. You guessed this outcome
I'm planning on removing the UF1 price from the prices list for people that only have one UF1, but then people have to type !prices anyway to see that.
dude56

Post by dude56 »

It was A. I assumed the insim wasn't ridiculous enough to stop me from selling my UF1, since when I was on CLC months ago it was not like this, and no other cruise server does this. Also, the people on the server all figured the same as I did. My common sense told me that I didn't need to try selling it, because I knew that it wouldn't let me sell it if it was my only car because no cruise server lets you sell your only car. I'm very sorry for not magically predicting what your insim is going to do.

I think you should make the account reset set the player to 2500, so they can buy a UF1, instead of giving them a free one. That way, they can't just keep getting free UF1s and making more money, and you can safely remove the block on selling your UF1, and instead just disallow selling your only car.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

You obviously haven't had the pleasure of explaining to 20 people per day to buy a UF1. After telling about 1000 ppl to buy a car when they first join, and 90% of them type 1buy CARNAME, !BUY car, buy xrt, !BuyXRT, etc etc you would probably soon would realise it's easy just to give it to them in the first case up front to save you typing Type: !buy UF1 50 thousand times..

dude56 wrote:....
I think you should make the account reset set the player to 2500, so they can buy a UF1, instead of giving them a free one. That way, they can't just keep getting free UF1s and making more money, and you can safely remove the block on selling your UF1, and instead just disallow selling your only car.
This wont work. People take the 2500 give it to a buddy and type !pay 20000, come back in two days and get another free 2500, and repeat....

As for disallowing selling your "only car". I did actually consider this weeks ago, but opted not to go this way because:
(lets assume that for 1 second the UF1 is allowed to be sold), what if I have only a XFR, and I have saved up ~100,000 and decide I want to sell the XFR to buy a FZR. Well, your solution wont allow me to do so. I then have to find someone to loan the 30,000 to do the buy FZR and sell XFR afterwards. Who is going to find 30,000 to lend? - thats just a receipe for trouble

Sorry for accusing you of not reading the instructions. But you were assuming things from other servers. They are all different to be honest. For example: Ever tried selling cars on [TC]. iirc you can't sell any cars there. Correct me If I am wrong.

No - we dont operate like the ther cruise server's. They all dont have account automatic resets, automatic bans at -10,000 and 3,5000 accounts with no cars and some cash. These differences are why the system is the way it is.

edit: LTC apparently have followed in our footsteps and JUST introduced account resetting system at -5000. They have (I assume) stopped reset exploiters by disallowed selling the last car then, but now people can't unload their semi expensive car to get a better one. So you decide which is more rediculous. That's your point of view.

Sorry if you feel hard done by. The UF1 was free to begin with. If Twoodz still hasn't got his loan back post it up and I will 'fix' the accounts manually.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Well I'm double posting...

After doing the sums I can see that allowing sale of a UF1 after buying other cars is an option.
The only exploit left is someone can sell a XFG at 99% of its value, but they still have to suffer a 2 day ban to do so. (So it's not likely going to be exploited)
You will also be able to sell all your cars if you dont have a UF1. The only problem left is that the system automatically buys you a UF1 if you don't have any cars and you can afford it when you first connect. THis is to help the ~3,000 people in this predicament that don't realise how to buy a UF1 and makes admins and players have to type out !buy UF1 50 times a day tell them how to start playing.

So I hope no-one sells all their cars, leaves the server, reconnects and complains about the system automatically buying them a new UF1, which will happen. In that case I'll just refer them to dude56 But to aliviate some of the torment I'll add a case in that wont automatically buy UF1 if the player has some kms under their belt, which means they have some driving experience on the new CLC server and probably know how to buy/sell cars.

Thanks for the help.

But it's going to be a little while before any release is done.
dude56

Post by dude56 »

JasonJ wrote:Well I'm double posting...

After doing the sums I can see that allowing sale of a UF1 after buying other cars is an option.
The only exploit left is someone can sell a XFG at 99% of its value, but they still have to suffer a 2 day ban to do so. (So it's not likely going to be exploited)
You will also be able to sell all your cars if you dont have a UF1. The only problem left is that the system automatically buys you a UF1 if you don't have any cars and you can afford it when you first connect. THis is to help the ~3,000 people in this predicament that don't realise how to buy a UF1 and makes admins and players have to type out !buy UF1 50 times a day tell them how to start playing.

So I hope no-one sells all their cars, leaves the server, reconnects and complains about the system automatically buying them a new UF1, which will happen. In that case I'll just refer them to dude56 But to aliviate some of the torment I'll add a case in that wont automatically buy UF1 if the player has some kms under their belt, which means they have some driving experience on the new CLC server and probably know how to buy/sell cars.

Thanks for the help.

But it's going to be a little while before any release is done.
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

Please do not waste your time on things like that, JJ. I cannot understand how people open up a thread for

to cry about just 1750 :roll: , so you can make it in half an hour. Same on writing a post for just 600 for

timeout. I never asked for all that and had lots of them, believe me. See, some weeks ago i lend out 120 k

to a guy named racer-x , lfs name was "natedog420" some like that. After that I saw him may be 3 more

times and he was gone. But this made me never thought to post on the forum to ask for that money. It is

my private problem and imo the administration is only here to get servers run fine. All other stuff is easy

to handle by yourself, or not ? Just my point of view, yours P V L
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun
Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

+1 pvl if you loose money, its either your own fault, or you can make it back just like tht if u try, i lost 20k to CCG<>X (spritkiller) but wasnt too bothered bout it :D lol
[OPC] Miles!
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Thaks PVL, I hear ya. InSim is "rediculous" so it must be fixed. aye. :mrgreen:
If you want that account fixed, let us know. 120,000 isn't to be sneezed at.

Wrong side traps are totally fixed now. v2.6.5.
They are pretty smart now as I just injected 50% more intelligence into them, with my slide rule and calculator. Quite happy I solved this. Welcome to the "smartest" Cruise server out there. Check ur map before overtaking for oncoming traffic. ^_^ I have to admit, I'm actually doing that alot more now, instead of just sticking right side. It's getting "rediculously" freaky. It's quite amazing really how much work has to go into making people drive the right side of the road.

I just like saying "rediculous". :roll:

What CLiS version is the server running on right now? I can't check as I am at work. is it 2.5.4 or 2.5.6 ?
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

Much more important is the message on screen to all cops when bank is robbed.

As the server is full it is really hard not to miss anything in the chat. So tonight again

we started chase after bank was already robbed 1 min :lol:
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun