CLC Aston 8 hour Endurance Challenge!

Events related threads, both in-game and forum events.

Moderator: CLC Crew

Razvan-R
Officer

CLC Aston 8 hour Endurance Challenge!

Post by Razvan-R »

Hello ladies and gentlemen, we the CLC admins would like to bring you drivers a little challenge. An 8hour endurance run, now before you all go wild, let me tell you a little bit about this.

The theme is this, "Typical holiday drive" your task is to drive a car (FXO) for 8hours, as economicaly as possible, also you must drive within the speed limits and road regulations.

This is a team based challenge

Layout:

- People will gather into teams of 5, they will load up the car with 200kg's of voluntary weight (to symbolise the luggage).
- The car will be loaded with 5 occupants(from the setup screen) to symbolise the 5 team members.
- At the end of the race the team with the most amount of laps will win.
- Prize money will be 250,000 euros for the team, and each driver of that team will win the MRT5. The cash money can be divided as you please among the team members.

Rules:

- You must drive within the speed limits and obide by road safety rules, and laws.
- You MAY NOT crash or in any way harm the other participant cars.
- You must drive as economicaly as possible, as we are trying to express " preserve the enviroment " theme.
- You may not cut the track.
- You must have 5 occupants in the car, and the 200kg's of voluntary weight added to the car. So if any of the participating cars will be spectated, in the F11 view, there should only be 200kg's handicap and 3% intake restriction.
- The occupants must directly symbolise the sex of the drivers in the team.
- The driver currently in control of the car, must drive safely, and defensively, he is fully responsible for any damages caused to the car.
- You are not allowed to have more drivers from the same team on the track, only the driver that is in control of contestant car.

Basics:

- Since this is an endurance run, lasting 8 hours, the team is allowed to change drivers as much as they want.
- A driver change pitstop, and a pitstop which doesnt get penalised should not last more then 3 seconds, from the time the message "xxx has made a pitstop" to the time the car leaves the chalked area.
- If a pitstop lasts more then 3 seconds, that means your refueling/changin tyres and will be penalised by 20 laps being deducted from the total amount of laps.
- The goal is to try and get to the finish (end of 8 hours) with the most laps.
- IF you get disconnected while driving, quickly reconnect, and join back on the track, you will loose the current lap, but no worries your new set of laps will be added to the other set (before the disconnect).
- If your car gets damaged beyong being drivable just type !pitlane, you will loose the lap you were on, and you will be pitlaned, being allowed to continue the race.
- The teams will be o team speak, when you are about to do a driver change pitstop, let us admins know, so we can count the 3 seconds, otherwise any pitstop, not notified before hand will be penalised even if it lasts only 3 seconds. Make sure you get the attention of one of the admins before making the pitstop.
- At the end of the race, the replay will be run through a tracking program which will count all the laps done by each team, thats why if you disconnect you are allowed to join back in the race.

IMPORTANT
-Teams will be given a racing number.
-Teams need to make a skin, that accomodates the themes of this challenge, and they must place the racing number clearly visible on the sides, and on the hood of the car.
-Teams have complete authority of how they set up their car, and how they schedule their drive changes.

Please reply this post with the names of the 5 drivers and team names in this format:

Team name:

Driver name: lfsw license: Nationality:

Please PM me any questions that you may have. Thank you.

THE DATE WILL BE 4th of AUGUST. 16:00 - 24:00 GMT
Last edited by Razvan-R on 29 Jul 2007, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Elite
Got wrong number
Got wrong number

Post by Dark Elite »

I'm interested, so if anyone fancies being in a team with me, PM me.

What sort of times will the event be running between? Wondering how you'll cope with timezone difficulties.

>> Placeholder for team details, if anything comes of it. <<

Sam
[TSQ] Sam GBR
Razvan-R
Officer

Post by Razvan-R »

Times will be mentioned at a future time, closer to the 27th deadline, for now i need you all to setup your teams.
matt2000
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [FG] Matt2ooo uk
LFS Name: matt2000

Post by matt2000 »

oh i wish i could be part of this! hey, maybe i can :D

ok read the rules now and understand. so each team member only drives for a part of the race

this sounds good!

Matt

Edit (again): hey Dark Elite, you're from the same area as me! do you know Market Harborough? would be nice to be in a team with ya :D
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
Razvan-R
Officer

Post by Razvan-R »

Please post ur teams in the newly created thread : http://www.citylifecrew.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101

Dark elite post your team there.
Chesta
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Chesta!
LFS Name: Carboy717

Post by Chesta »

I'd be willing to join in if someone needs another team member
Image - [OPC] Chesta - Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Razvan-R
Officer

Post by Razvan-R »

OK boys and girls, the date has now been determined.... it will be on August the 4th, on a saturday, we will announce later at what time it will start. GMT
Danielw597
Saving for GTR
Saving for GTR
Location: Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Galaxy, Univerce

Post by Danielw597 »

GRRR :evil:

Count me out .. i'll be on holiday :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
ptzs wrote:Eagle should tow for free in Aston, he causes 99% of accidents there
CLC - Is a lot like Coronation Street, same ammount of drama.. Just a little more interactive.
zak_mull
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder

Post by zak_mull »

i work on saturdays so i will be out if i was gonna do it
ImageImageImage
mr_x
Ingame nick: Chris E
LFS Name: mr_x

Post by mr_x »

I work until 5.30pm on saturdays, so should be ok for me to join in near the end of it.
Fireball
Officer
Ingame nick: Xcite | Fireball
LFS Name: fireb0llch

Post by Fireball »

Saturday is a good day. :lol:
doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

Fireball wrote:Saturday is a good day. :lol: