Moderator: CLC Crew

dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Re: Suggestion thread.

Post by dougie-lampkin »

Ouch JJ, that doesn't sound nice :? I've never had to do C# in notepad though, so idk...

Do all admins have access to the database? Wouldn't that be the same as an offline refund if they refund manually?
Image Image Image Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Some admins have access. But its a real pain to edit manually and one wrong character and CLiS can crash when the player joins again.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

just wandering about the afk thing that u get kicked safely after 2 hours, i had an idea of having a timer on screen to show how long before u r kicked, that gos down in 5 minute lots, and comes on after 5 mins of being afk
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

I cheated and hacked up quickly the 30 min reminders with a hardcoded method of timers every 30 mins. So at the moment it's hard to make it a dynamic timer, as in - a changing display onscreen like: AFK 7:40 It's not really good code, just a working function, which was a request from an admin before a release I did.

Although a great idea.. it will take some work to implement properly and I will have to rewrite some code. I'll see when I can fit it in after some very high priority things we desperately need are implemented first.
RaGe

Post by RaGe »

no biggie but I really dont understand why "crap" u get fined for saying it, as its a alternative way of saying "rubbish" and if crap word was to offend anyone id be mighty surprised :lol: so why was crap made to fine ppl? :?:
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

well any word that is classed as a profanity isnt really acceptable on clc
swearing shows lazy or lack of proper vocablary
Passme
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Only 9% of the British public thinks that that word is "not swearing" :?

Source: British Broadcasting Standards Commission, Independent Television Commission,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profanity (warning: page contains profanities)
dougie-lampkin
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] ROB!
LFS Name: dougie-lampkin

Post by dougie-lampkin »

Reminds me of the video Pointless Profanity...

!WARNING! May contain traces of profanity!
Image Image Image Image
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Re: Good Reports - Thanks - Merged to Suggestion thread.

Post by Crystal »

Thanks to ray for organizing two illegal street races with prizes of all-in-all 40.000 €. :D
RAYfighter
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: Ray
LFS Name: rayfighter

Post by RAYfighter »

That's where the money from my account belong - to the best players on our server! CLC Headquarters should organize some sponsored events a bit more often. Perhaps weekly. Organized race, themed skins show, stunts show, drift show - all announced here at the forum and frequently spammed by CLIS ingame as well. Everyone can prepare properly that way. Skinners can polish their skin, racers can practice the announced car class and fine tune their setups, stunts and drifters can prepare their shows, etc.
Too many interested for the event? Races can be done as usual - starting grid by hotlaps, closed server. Other shows should be possible with maxed server, since most of players would be spectators only, and those doesn't cause so much lag.

I am sure there are many talented people around this lovely server, who can come with ideas and, more importantly, organize a successful event. The main point is that the event organizer can use CLC money to offer very attractive prizes to winners. The organizer himself should get his well deserved reward as well, of course. :)

(I was thinking if we could even have them always at the same time, at 7:00PM Saturdays for example? Then I hear some whining how they cannot be online and how unfair it is, of course. But league races are also organized to a certain time, and people come in time, because that is also the only way how to make it happen. Simple as that.)
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder
Ingame nick: P V L
LFS Name: P V L

Post by P V L »

Events may be nice for a lot of people. :D But the prices to win should not be to high,

for example it is hard to see for someone another person gets 10 k for just an answer in a quiz :roll:

Closed server is a bad idea imo, all time open to all is important I think.

Greets P V L
Life is short --- Run fast
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun
RAYfighter
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: Ray
LFS Name: rayfighter

Post by RAYfighter »

P V L wrote:Closed server is a bad idea imo, all time open to all is important I think.
I agree, open server whenever possible. It should be closed race though - i was talking about organized races, not illegal street racing through the full traffic like we are doing lately. Imagine this like a rally event thru your city - they close few streets, add tyre stacks, bales, redwhite stripes, and spectators are crowded along the track - show can begin. But, obviously, not everyone can simply jump at the track and pretend to be a racer. Thats why closed server, or, even better, only closed race. And many spectators. Cool. :mrgreen:
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder

Post by P V L »

But people joining CLC to drive and cruise, may be watch others for a time. I do not think they

would like to watch for one hour and not be allowed or able to drive.To speak for me: I do not... :wink:
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Post by samforey »

But you would be racing P V L! 8)
P V L
Condition 2-speeder
Condition 2-speeder

Post by P V L »

No, there is no fun without head on traffic. :)
Join for great fun
PVL Crash & Fun