Suggestion thread.

Post questions and suggestion regarding forum, server or gameplay in this forum

Moderator: CLC Crew

RAYfighter
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket
Ingame nick: Ray
LFS Name: rayfighter

Re: Good Reports - Thanks - Merged to Suggestion thread.

Post by RAYfighter »

P V L wrote:No, there is no fun without head on traffic. :)
You get those in illegal racing. Organized events are certainly NOT for those who are coming to drive and cruise. But I would have a simple offer for them: "Track closed for the race event, enjoy spectating and cheerlading our best racers! Track will be open for you for the next 7 days non-stop!"
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Post by samforey »

I really like the idea, Ray. Especially if you were going to make, or adjust, the current layout too make it more interesting, with thin tight winedy bits, places you can't overtake, so you have to plan when to over take and stuff, and if you make a mistake you will surely be out of the race, because you have hit 10 hay bales for example.. LIke you sugested above, It would make it really fun imo.
MINIz guy
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Andrew
LFS Name: MINIz guy

Post by MINIz guy »

samforey wrote:I really like the idea, Ray. Especially if you were going to make, or adjust, the current layout too make it more interesting, with thin tight winedy bits, places you can't overtake, so you have to plan when to over take and stuff, and if you make a mistake you will surely be out of the race, because you have hit 10 hay bales for example.. LIke you sugested above, It would make it really fun imo.
If you want to make it that mechanical, then go ahead. Personally, organized events have rules of how to drive but don't limit the racing line to take. The current layout is limited enough with the barriers in the turn, not many 2 or 3 car wide turns. Racing like this is good enough, but once the straights become 2 cars wide and have bends in them, forget it.
RAYfighter
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Post by RAYfighter »

I am trying to get LFS back to its core. Remove all the barriers and see who is really fast, and who just knows our layout. PURE RACE, but with repair costs, cash flow, no reset. Serious entry fee, but fantastic prizes for winners.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

That has "second server" written all over it.

or

With the one server allow spectators to visit but not interfer with /carsmax=10 for example.

edit: I've moved this thread section to the suggestions thread, as it's more related to suggestions/ideas than Good Reports - Thanks thread.
RAYfighter
Going for lottery ticket
Going for lottery ticket

Re: Suggestion thread.

Post by RAYfighter »

Thanks for moving posts Jason, I realized I am completely offtopic but discussion carried on. Sorry :)

Since I cannot become CLC member again, you can ignore my past ideas, I don't plan to further invest into the dead end road.
Good luck guys, see you on track somewhere (else).
Jason please delete my account, I would feel proud if YOU do it. :wink:
bye
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

I have 2 suggestions regarding the rules.
I'd like to add the following:

Pay your fines all at once!
Do not beg for money!

To #1: I've had some situations where the cop told the suspect the fine and the suspect didn't pay it all at once. Like when he got a 150 € fine, he paid 58€ .. then 62 € .. etc.
This is very confusing. Especially when there's a lot of people chatting and the cop can't keep track of how much the suspect has already paid.

To #2: I've seen some beggers in the past 2 weeks requesting money over and over again. Often in this situation:
Begger asks A: Can I have 20k?
A: No!
Begger asks B: Can I have 20k?
B: No!
.. and so on until he went though the whole connection list. Unfortunately there's no rule I can point to these kind of people. So I'd like to see one to prevent this kind of begging :)

So, what do you think?
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Eaglezor
Sergeant
Ingame nick: [OPC] Eagle !
LFS Name: Eaglezor

Post by Eaglezor »

the begging bit i think can be charged as spam and thepaying fines bit usally if they wait a long time saying nothing i say "pay the fine or it goes up...waisting police time" and then i start a cout down and messing about with them if i canot keep track of how much after a while i will make them pay the full fine agene.
[OPC] Eagle - Sub Leader of the Orange Pimps - http://www.opclfs.com
Image[/url]
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

!fines says this:
Civilians: Pay your fines from police promptly (kick)

!rules2 (police info/rules) says this:
Pay your fines from police promptly (kick)

If someone isn't paying a fine quickly then the Cadet or the Officer in charge of the Cadet should be warning the player to pays the fine all at once and don't waste the police's time. Don't increase fines. This has been brought up before and you are not to double fines or add ammounts to fines. They either pay it in full, or are punished. If they are repeatively messing around with fines to waste time they can be kicked/banned.
Point out !rules1: Always obey admins & officers. if necessary.

If someone begs me for money, I just ignore them. Same as is someone begs for help out of the sand and I am on other side of track. I don't really know how you make the program detected random begging at random times from random people and charge it as spam. The words/phrases "can I have", "borrow" "give me" "lend me" might not be used to ask for cash and can be used in other contexts as well. I don't think auto-fine for asking for cash will even be a reality. Spam comes in all shapes and forms. If they are filling up chat with spam, (very fast) then they will get fined. If we add every rule into the program the list of rules becomes confusing and difficult to read and then becomes like fine print in a contract which no-one but a small percentage actually reads. What is there in-game is the general gameplay rules. I've added don't beg for money to the rules forum. Point 2 in MISC SERVER RULES.
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Post by samforey »

JasonJ wrote:
I don't really know how you make the program detected random begging at random times from random people and charge it as spam. The words/phrases "can I have", "borrow" "give me" "lend me" might not be used to ask for cash and can be used in other contexts as well. I don't think auto-fine for asking for cash will even be a reality. Spam comes in all shapes and forms. If they are filling up chat with spam, (very fast) then they will get fined.
I agree, "can i have", etc can be used in other context, BUT instead of fining at a normal rate of spam you could maybe double the chance to get. So say someone said "can i have a piece of bread", it is unlikely they are going to say that repeatedly so the words "can i have" would be in the filter that doubles the spam likelyness but it is unlikely they will spam the message. So if someone said "can i have 5, 000€" and that turned up say twice in the area of 5 lines of text, it would be fined 200€ instead of, if they said it 4-5 times in 5 lines of text (or whatever the normal rate is). This is hard to explain my idea.. but i hope you understand anyway. :roll:
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

Well, to be honest. You got me wrong I think.
I meant, just add a rule. No fine system or anything.
Just a plain rule that I can show to beggers :wink:
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Miles
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: [OPC] Miles!
LFS Name: M1l3S

Post by Miles »

that aswell as a fine would stop it from happening too often though :D
[OPC] Miles!
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

You didn't read my post.. it's added to the forums rules.... direct them there if you want to tell them what to do about asking for cash. If you cant be bothered with that, don't answer them - ignore them. Press H - the chat soon dissapears.

Begging for a tow is also begging. Begging for help for info/tech help LFS is begging. Should we kick people for asking for a tow more than 5 times as well ?
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Added -to new version CLIS 2.6.8i
Added "No begging for cash" to !rules1 amongst other things.
Shivkp01
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: [CLC] Shiv
LFS Name: Shiv

Post by Shivkp01 »

What about €300 for pit lane for tow trucks if they get flipped. Not their fault if they get flipped cause they are trying to flip someone. :) :) :)

And more tow truck car skins as well

Hope they are good ideas!!! :D :D

Shiv