Fuel burning/ tips.

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber
Ingame nick: Shaken_Bacon
LFS Name: shakenbake

Fuel burning/ tips.

Post by shaken_bacon »

I was just experimenting with fuel burning speeds and such and have came to a few conclusions.

here were my results.

Full lap driving around 50kmh -.15% fuel
took just over 6 minutes

laps driving aroung speed limits .4% fuel
took around 4:15-4:25

However there are a few places I went a little over or a little above to save fuel, however I always was going over when going into next zone.

example If I was in a 90 zone I would always be going over 50kmh same with 130 to 90, etc. The worst example of this is just after long straight there is that short 130 zone next to lotto I only hit around 105 usally.

Now from roundabout to going into pits and pitting flooring it (reverse way and going in correct way.) I burnt about .7% fuel which I think only took around 35 seconds or so but im not sure.

So it just goes to show you how you drive makes a major impact on fuel econmy.

tips:
-don't floor it to get up to your speeds
-try to shift as low as possible but makes sure you still have enough power to get to your speed.
- going downhill is a great time to coast just hold the clutch in.
- matain your speed trough turns try not to use excesive braking or taking corners to wide.
-Use correct gear ratios, this is important you don't want an incredibly high reving car that tops out at 190kmh try lowering them to make it fuel saving for those long straights.

Now for the race I figure driving speed limits and being competitive I think .6% fuel burnt and lap times around 3:40 -3:30 is a good goal.

If you made it this far thanks for reading 8) . Also if you have done any testing or want to share your opinion please go ahead.
adisor
Leaving the ticket
Leaving the ticket

Post by adisor »

thank God that gas on CLC is cheap.
Razvan-R
Officer

Post by Razvan-R »

Hmm this is very un team like.... we at CLC will not divulge our factory secrets :D
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

I do around 3.30 laps within speedlimits and use about .5%.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

The last lap I drove 45 kmh the whole way around and burnt 6.0% fuel in a XFG! :shock: Oh yeah did I mention it was in reverse ha ha.

All I have to say is I single handed may cause global warming in aston. So the next time the servers dies you can blame me :twisted:
Secondaries
First corner-smasher
First corner-smasher

Post by Secondaries »

I think shaken_bacon is trying to make us perform worse with that outrageous goal... I do laps with race gearing at .6%/lap. I've done as low as .4% but those lap times are extremely slow.
shaken_bacon
Bank robber
Bank robber

Post by shaken_bacon »

Secondaries wrote:I think shaken_bacon is trying to make us perform worse with that outrageous goal... I do laps with race gearing at .6%/lap. I've done as low as .4% but those lap times are extremely slow.
No I actually said a good racing lap time is around .6% and around 3:30-3:40 is the goal for racing.
skstibi
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by skstibi »

So my .5 with a 3.30 lap was really good. Too bad I won't have a wheel (going to get a third replacement) , and if I find the proof of purchase my monitor (had discolored pixels on the top corners of the screen within the first 2 months and they seem to be spreading downward) will go in to get the screen replaced so there is no way I can make this. :(

P.S: If I spelled something wrong, don't blame the brain.. Blame the eyes that can't seem to read anything smaller than that CLC logo with the "enjoy the ride" next to it. Have I said that I hate sand when it is all over a car that I am working on?