LFS is free choice - good news

General talk about CLC and LFS that doesn't fit in other forums in this category

Moderator: CLC Crew

JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

LFS is free choice - good news

Post by JasonJ »

Seems as the Dev's have spoken on their thoughts about demo/cruiser/drifter hate on the LFS forums.

http://www.lfsforum.net/announcement.php?f=9

But guys, I wouldn't see this as an excuse to troll the LFS forums and give rude "I told you so's" to the racers or see this as a right of passage to spam the forums with impossible requests for LFS.

Many racers on the forum have accused us of being hated by the dev's for not using LFS for just purely racing, I just think it's nice to know that the dev's don't actually hate us for cruising and for using LFS as a driving sim instead of a race-only sim.
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Re: LFS is free choice - good news

Post by MaxH »

Finally. :) as of admin of this forum and moderator of another big forum ive learned that rules has to be set and also applied, even when its tricky situations. Some posts may not be braking a specific rule but one post makes next go out of line quite easily and then its to late. This attitude and segregation was just a matter of time to have this kind of annoucement. It also was the main reason i didnt 'hang out' in lfsforum.

This was just a matter of time really, but I *really* hope for LFS's sake that the situation can change and we can all be friend and if not, at least, give enough respect to other forum visitors. :)
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

well this is a step in the right direction and its about time it does seem to be aimed at the racers primarly but it applies to everyone , so this is a good thing
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
doc_gooney
Sergeant
Ingame nick: (+)DOCgooney
LFS Name: gooney

Post by doc_gooney »

rather sad that postings like victor's have to be written at all. and i have to admit, i'd probably be a lot less patient with flamers and posting extremists than these guys. thumbs up for their (not so) new policy, even if it comes a bit late.
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

It's a shame it had to be said, but it did need saying.

One of LFS's greatest strengths is the depth of the experience. There are few games that allow yout to race, cruise or drfit depending on your mood. Really though that is just testement to how good a simulator it is.

Hopefully everyone can concentrate on enjoying LFS in their own way now.
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

im just glad the devs dont hate cruisers :)
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
brataccas3
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: brataccas
LFS Name: brataccas

Post by brataccas3 »

Im quite surprised that has been said when I thought the offical LFS forums whenever im in there seems a peaceful place :cry: but I totally agree with the idiot internet kids that complain about drifters, why do ppl complain about them?? its fun to watch them :?
faens morsomt :jawdrop: